• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Its Official....2014 Date and Rate Thread

Modified my rate to APH (finally!):

11/11-11/19
RPR
Std 2 Queen
$166.50 Avg daily rate
APH
ZooKeeper13

11/9-11/11 (Veteran's weekend)
HRH
2Q Pool view
$278 Avg daily rate
FL Res rate
sharona

A 2Q garden view just became available so we downgraded to that and saved another $60.

New Avg. daily rate (incl taxes etc.) = 244 (216 pre tax).

12/15-18

3 adults
RPR 2 queen Club Level $262.30 (military discount)

We are excited!

We just downgraded to a standard room for $192.30.

My thought was that the amenity we would use the most with Club was breakfast, but we want to take full advantage of EE, so we will leave the hotel before or shortly after they start serving at 7. So we will just bring breakfast bars and/or use the Orchid Court, which opens at 6.

As for afternoon and evening offerings with Club, I see us spending all day in the parks, then CityWalk for dinner. If we were Club I'd feel the need to get our money's worth back at RPR.

If we were staying longer and planned more resort time, I'd reconsider, but for this trip I think this will be great for us.

I see there are two others listing January, so I'll do it too.

1/5-1/12/2015
RPR
Standard
$155
SMSM
bumbershoot

We were going to go Club level because DH really loves that, but DH reminded me that we're now in the market for seeing about buying a house, and that's an extra $550 that could go towards a down payment or moving etc. Also, we're going to Orlando for rundisney events, so we'll actually be spending some time in the WDW region, so it brought the per-day extra cost up because there are whole days we won't be making use of the lounge. I'm a bit weirded out by this change, but that's OK. :)

I figure I can buy my own wine and cookies. :upsidedow

No point adding any more "dates" to this thread ........ the first post hasn't been updated since August !

I don't know about completely giving up on this thread. Having everything conveniently organized in the first post would be nice but looking through 9 pages for the information isn't bad.

No point adding any more "dates" to this thread ........ the first post hasn't been updated since August !

Didn't even notice that!

Oh bluer, where are you????? Wait. S/He posted their own hotel info in October. Could s/he have forgotten s/he's in charge of the thread?

It's perfectly fine. Everyones dates and rates are still in the thread.:thumbsup2

I don't know about completely giving up on this thread. Having everything conveniently organized in the first post would be nice but looking through 9 pages for the information isn't bad.

Thanks, a few pages isn't to bad.:)

Didn't even notice that!

Oh bluer, where are you????? Wait. S/He posted their own hotel info in October. Could s/he have forgotten s/he's in charge of the thread?

I noticed that too, lol. I have been very busy and sick lately.:guilty:

BTW:He::yes::

I swing by for some threads but cannot get to all.;)

Bluer is sick, under the weather.
he'll be soon better and check in here.

Thank you. It's been really crappy beeing under the weather. I'm not one to be sick either.

This past month we have not visited Universal with too much going on. So also my head is not with it. But that changes next week, back home again, RPR!:cool1:

Updated to here, sorry everyone.

My apologies Bluer , didnt know your were under the weather.
Thought you just abandoned us , lol .
Hope you feel better soon !

Cheaptickets

May 30-June 5, 2015
RPH
180.17 Avg. nightly rate
Standard two queen

Just thought I'd throw this here since there's not a 2015 thread. (Got a 25% Thanksgiving code.)

Just added club access to our reservation (1/1/15-1/5/15 PBH, Portofino Suite, SMSM & plat upgrade), so need to add another $100 a night to our previously posted rate.

Even though 90% of our stay is in January... (Checking in New Years Eve), I'm too embarrassed to post up the ridiculous rates I'm paying this year. :scared1:

Suffice to "say", I could've get a REAL nice crown for the HRH drive out! :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter