• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Its Official....2014 Date and Rate Thread

Peel,

May I ask how you got extra % off of other promotional rate? I can only find one place to put on one promotion and when I chatted online with a rep, he said they will only do one promo at a time. If there's a trick, I'd sure like to know it.

Peel, May I ask how you got extra % off of other promotional rate? I can only find one place to put on one promotion and when I chatted online with a rep, he said they will only do one promo at a time. If there's a trick, I'd sure like to know it.

The SMSM promo automatically comes off when you book multiple nights. The 25 percent code is a cheaptickets promo that you enter for more savings. Right now it's 20 percent on that site.

Thanks much, I guess I did it as right as I could, lol.

Cabana bay - APH
08/16 119.00
08/17 1119.00

RPR - 20% off code
08/18 - 08/23 192.00

*had PBR 18th -22nd for 224.00 through loews, but kids and I chose RPR instead for bit of savings, theming, and proximity.

hpfan100 beat me to it. :) It isn't that Cheaptickets and Orbitz start at the SMSM rate, but if you look at the SMSM rates on the Loews or Universal websites and compare them with the base rates on Cheaptickets or Orbitz they're usually within a few dollars of each other. So the discounts they offer are not stacked on top of another discount, they're just applied to the base rate that happens to be close to the Loews discounted rate.

I know most people prefer to go direct with Loews, but for that much of a discount I'm okay with not getting the YouFirst perks. I've never had any problems with Cheaptickets (Orbitz is owned by the same company). It seems lately the Cheaptickets discounts have hovered around 20% while Orbitz stays at 15%. I was really lucky to jump on that limited time 25% Cheaptickets offer.

I still have my fingers crossed that an APH rate will be even lower, but I kind of doubt it. I did some research using October dates to compare APH rates with Cheaptickets +20% discount prices for each of the deluxes and Cheaptickets won out every time.
PBH = $269 APH vs $201 CT
HRH = $229 APH vs $188 CT
RPR = $174 APH vs $165 CT

After a long hiatus, just booked for January 2015

01/01/15 - 01/05/15
PBH
Garden View
$352
Stay More, Save More
goofy!

Loews First upgrades were not available yet, so hopefully will be able to upgrade that room soon.

I will update soon. Trying to get back into the swing if things.

After a long hiatus, just booked for January 2015

01/01/15 - 01/05/15
PBH
Garden View
$352
Stay More, Save More
goofy!

Loews First upgrades were not available yet, so hopefully will be able to upgrade that room soon.
Upgrades went through so now:

Portofino Suite
SMSM & Platinum upgrade

12/22-27
RPR
2 Queen Standard view
12/22-26 $174
APH
12/26 $374
Seasonal
mischief32

I could not get annual placeholder rate for 12/26 so I had to make 2 reservations which I hope to connect not have to check out and check back in. Saved us 1200 by changing to a standard room and having 2 reservations.

11/11-11/19
RPR
Std 2 Queen
$184.80 Avg daily rate
SMSM
ZooKeeper13

Finally a non-club, non-suite room available! Now to patiently wait for an APH rate!!

1/11/15 to 1/15/15
RPR standard room
stay more save more rate $187
Rags

waiting APH rate:thumbsup2

Going from Sunday 8/24 to Friday 8/29.
PBR -annual passholder rate of $194 per night.
So excited!!! Been saving two years for this trip with my little part time job, while the kids were in school. I like that I get to treat Hubby and kids to a fun trip.

After a "Fun-Filled, Max Stress" 13 nights at WDW POR & WL, it's off to the Promised Land of USO!!!

OK...

Although I've made a few booking "Adjustments" over the past few months, I think this will be final. :thumbsup2

Check In: Monday, December 29, 2014
Departure Date Monday, January 5, 2015
Room Type Standard 2 Queen Beds
Room Rate Per Night:
Dec 29 - Jan 3 $280.50
Jan 4 $163.80
Rate Description Stay More, Save More 7 Night Discount

Gave up the HRCL for 4 nights to add 3 more nights @ RPR to the trip.
Win-Win decision. I know we'll return home more tired than yesterday's news, but it won't be the first time that's happened!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter