Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hi there! We are staying at Kidani Village in November. Are there laundry facilities? I didn't see any indicated on the map on the first few pages... :laundy:
Yes there are laundry facilities. It is on the 2nd floor by the arcade

So... my husband and I were talking to Don from concierge (love him) and he says the thermostats don’t have motion sensors. :confused3 He was telling another club CM that there must’ve been something wrong with our thermostat since our room was so stuffy. Don has been with the lodge since the beginning and is considered very knowledgeable. If anyone would know the thermostat situation, it would be him. Although, I’m not sure if I trust him. Anyway, despite him believing there was something wrong with our room, and knowing all the time it took to correct it and the many plans we had to cancel because of it, he still didn’t offer any compensation, at all. Is that weird? Should I have asked?

We have stayed at jambo previously but are staying at kidani in August. I was wondering when getting off the magical express, do they make a second stop at kidani village after dropping people off at jambo? Also, we are staying in a standard 1 bedroom. What kind of room requests should I make? We had a standard room at jambo and I requested partial savanna view and it was amazing!

Thanks!

So... my husband and I were talking to Don from concierge (love him) and he says the thermostats don’t have motion sensors. :confused3 He was telling another club CM that there must’ve been something wrong with our thermostat since our room was so stuffy. Don has been with the lodge since the beginning and is considered very knowledgeable. If anyone would know the thermostat situation, it would be him. Although, I’m not sure if I trust him. Anyway, despite him believing there was something wrong with our room, and knowing all the time it took to correct it and the many plans we had to cancel because of it, he still didn’t offer any compensation, at all. Is that weird? Should I have asked?

Update: AKL concierge offered us a future 2 night stay at any deluxe for compensation. We’re happy with that.

Concerned about pool closure time...Does anyone know 'for sure' -ish what time in early September the pools will be open until? I saw one website that said open 24hrs but I'm pretty sure that's outdated. Are there quiet pools, like at POR, that are not 'closed'? TIA!

I'm curious about the pools, too. Also, do the hot tubs get closed at the same time? Because I have mild arthritis and there is nothing like a hot tub at the end of a long park day.

Concerned about pool closure time...Does anyone know 'for sure' -ish what time in early September the pools will be open until? I saw one website that said open 24hrs but I'm pretty sure that's outdated. Are there quiet pools, like at POR, that are not 'closed'? TIA!

Should be open until 11PM at that time of year.

We have stayed at jambo previously but are staying at kidani in August. I was wondering when getting off the magical express, do they make a second stop at kidani village after dropping people off at jambo? Also, we are staying in a standard 1 bedroom. What kind of room requests should I make? We had a standard room at jambo and I requested partial savanna view and it was amazing!

Thanks!
DME will stop at both Jambo and Kidani. When the driver asks where you’re going make sure you tell him AKL Kidani.

Just returned Saturday night after a week at ALK Jambo. We booked a standard room. We got a Savannah view! The room is 3112. The room to our left was a Savannah room. We had the exact same view in a standard room. Giraffes, Zebras, Antelopes, all in my back yard.
....loving the pix....thanks for sharing.

I'm curious about the pools, too. Also, do the hot tubs get closed at the same time? Because I have mild arthritis and there is nothing like a hot tub at the end of a long park day.
We were there last week, and the pools closed at 8 but hot tubs were open till midnight. Idk if it will work the same later...

The compensation (from your other post) definitely sounds fair. The part about the no motion detector is definitely crap. You can see it on the unit!! It’s the white hump in the lower right hand corner of the face. Though it does sound like something is wrong with your unit besides that. Our room is stuffy when we get back from the parks, but once we’re in and moving around it starts to work. Also I think the ceiling fan is keeping the detector active overnight, so it’s not too bad.

We didn’t ask for one on this trip, but at other resorts we’ve asked for a box fan from housekeeping and they’ve brought one. They should have offered you that as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter