Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I made a payment for our May trip and thought I might as well check dates in Nov. for military discount. Got an awesome CM and got the dates we wanted with discount. :banana: Please add us for 11/1- 11/6. AKL Jambo. Thank you!!
November
11/1 - 11/6 P'colaBeachBum - AKL
11/4 - 11/10 goodeats - AKL Kidani
11/14 - 11/21 melissa723 - AKV CL
11/15 - 11/20 tinabina919 - AKL Jambo
11/21 - 11/28 #1eeyoregirl - AKL Jambo
11/28 - 12/6 Eeyore daily - AKV Jambo

We’re at Jambo House right now. It’s been such a glorious trip. The resort is beautiful! Sitting by the pool listening to the music is so peaceful. I wish we didn’t have to go home.

Buses have been fine. We had one driver seen lost. We sat at the red light through 6 cycles, and then he drove around in a big circle. All the others have been great.

Giraffe trail is under refurbishment. The rooms seem closed because workers are moving up and down the halls. It didn’t bother us at the pool at all. They were very quiet.

We got pixie dust and moved to a Savannah view room on Zebra Trail when we booked standard. It was so beautiful. Giraffes, the large cattle and many kinds of antelope and birds.

We ate at the Mara for breakfast and it was very good. I liked the pastry selection.

I wish we could stay longer. It’s been amazing.

3 weeks from today we leave for a split UOR/WDW stay and we are so excited for our first stay at AKL! Does Mara have a toaster or toaster oven for guest use? Trying to plan the food we take for breakfast based on what is available in the quick service location.

Just back from a week at AKL Jambo and took some pics of the coffee maker for those who are curious. We rented DVC points so this is what is in the DVC rooms on the 5th floor. We had a standard view studio room.

And inside the coffee packet is this:

The coffee and filter are all in one. It's a 12 cup coffee maker but the instructions on the coffee packet say to use 8 cups of water. It was perfectly good coffee to add Baileys to!

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_0914207.jpg
    IMG_20200209_0914207.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Also want to share some pics of the construction at AKL Jambo. We had a standard view room on the 5th floor and asked to be close to the lobby. We were assigned room 5206 which overlooks the lobby (perfect location) but this was our view of the Sunset Savannah (that's Kidani off in the distance):

Not the prettiest sight. There was construction in the area on the left all week. We saw ostriches every day and some other large bird perched on the log over the pond to sleep every night. We were told the giraffes drink from this watering hole through the day but we were never in the room mid-day.

Other construction:

This was taken standing outside the fitness centre looking toward the Mara

And this is the same construction from a different angle - we were standing by the pool bar on the other side of the pool from the fitness centre looking toward it:

Overall, the construction did not interfere with our enjoyment of the resort other than a bit of confusion trying to find the fitness centre the first day.

Just back from a week at AKL Jambo and took some pics of the coffee maker for those who are curious. .........

The coffee and filter are all in one. It's a 12 cup coffee maker but the instructions on the coffee packet say to use 8 cups of water. It was perfectly good coffee to add Baileys to!

Does anyone know if you can get decaf packets/if they supply them or are available for purchase? Trying to figure out if I need to bring my own.

We arrive Sunday for my nephews first visit, and all of our first times at AKL! So excited, 2 bedroom villa Savannah view!
TIA and Cant wait!!

Does anyone know if you can get decaf packets/if they supply them or are available for purchase? Trying to figure out if I need to bring my own.

We arrive Sunday for my nephews first visit, and all of our first times at AKL! So excited, 2 bedroom villa Savannah view!
TIA and Cant wait!!

We have always been supplied both regular and decaf coffee in all our DVC stays. Have fun!!!!!

TIA and Cant wait!!
Yes, there was a decaf packet there and you can ask for more no charge

Just back from a week at AKL Jambo and took some pics of the coffee maker for those who are curious. We rented DVC points so this is what is in the DVC rooms on the 5th floor. We had a standard view studio room.

View attachment 473663

And inside the coffee packet is this:

View attachment 473666

Did the coffee maker have a standard filter basket? We are wanting to bring our own coffee and filters.

I've browsed the last few pages and see that refurb info is spotty and confusing, but I'm going to ask, anyway! Considering a switch to AKL (Jambo, standard view, non-DVC) for an early July trip - I usually request one of the standard rooms that actually have a partial savanna view on Kudu. It sounds like those ought to be done by July, no?
I'm glad you are asking because I am debating the same for a mid-August trip. Currently booked at Coronado Springs, but wondering if it's worth checking out the pricing on AKL (I'm using a military discount so I have to call to find out exact pricing/availability.)

I'm glad you are asking because I am debating the same for a mid-August trip. Currently booked at Coronado Springs, but wondering if it's worth checking out the pricing on AKL (I'm using a military discount so I have to call to find out exact pricing/availability.)

Kudu and Zebra trails are both finished in their refurbishments. We stayed in a refurbished standard view with partial savanna view room in December, all work was already done on Kudu trail at that time.

Giraffe and Ostrich trails are left and underway.

SW

Kudu and Zebra trails are both finished in their refurbishments. We stayed in a refurbished standard view with partial savanna view room in December, all work was already done on Kudu trail at that time.

Giraffe and Ostrich trails are left and underway.

SW
Awesome! A few years ago we stayed in a room on the Kudu trail that was "standard view" but had a fabulous view of the animals! I would love to get that same room again.

If you switch I hope you can get the military discount. They usually only have small availability during certain dates. I've lucked out calling and getting a discount reservation during times when there are not other discounts going on.

4 weeks until our AKL stay!😎:dancer:. March 14-22.
March
3/1 - 3/6 shakes - AKL
3/4 - 3/14 VicarJT - AKL
3/7 - 3/14 nllmncsu - AKL
3/10 - 3/15 Sandi - AKL
3/14 - 3/22 Gus V. - AKL
3/15 - 3/21 Grumpy by Birth - AKV Jambo
3/18 - flangel813 - AKL
3/19 - 3/20 flangel813 - AKL CL
3/20 - 3/27 yellow- AKL
3/21 - 3/17 LaLiinda - AKL
3/22 - 3/26 jennf - AKL Jambo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter