Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Thanks. I edited my post maybe about the same time you were replying. We're going in late July... not long after re-opening.

What's the possibility that Jambo House and pool may not even be open? (IOW, no point to even walking to Jambo)
We are at Jambo late July in DVC. The Jambo DVC rooms open July 10, with the warning that restaurants and merch may not be available. No announcements when the Jambo hotel side will open -- but some hints from CMs that it might open sometime this year, but who knows.

I would think walking to Jambo would be nice since they told me that all the savannahs would be open and Jambo has a nice viewing area. They also told me the internal shuttle would be running, but I am not sure how well that will work. Even elevators are "one party or maximum of 4" at resorts.

So if there will be Jambo DVC guests there.... it would imply that the main Jambo House lobby would be open? Would they allow some hanging out there within reasonable social distancing restrictions?

And might the Jambo pool be open for those Jambo DVC guests?

So if there will be Jambo DVC guests there.... it would imply that the main Jambo House lobby would be open? Would they allow some hanging out there within reasonable social distancing restrictions?

And might the Jambo pool be open for those Jambo DVC guests?
We don't know how much of Jambo will be open when it is just the DVC guests, which is a fraction of the rooms. I have sent in an email with questions to DVC, I will post when I hear back.

Groceries at DVC resorts are basic and expensive. Not sure if they will allow grocery delivery to bell services like they have in the past, or if you can even have it delivered and meet the driver. Restaurants are limited during this Initial Reopening Period -- only Sanaa at Kidani, and it will be at reduced capacity. Limited QS at Maji Pool Bar and Sanaa Lounge. I am hoping they kick it up until Jambo's restaurants are open -- just bring in a food truck, LOL !

FYI, both Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin grocery delivery services have reported on their social media accounts that they have resumed deliveries to WDW resorts.

No idea if any other services [eg Amazon Prime Now, Instacart] have resumed / are allowed to resume deliveries to the resorts. Hopefully as more people stay there will be reports about those types of services.

SW

FYI, both Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin grocery delivery services have reported on their social media accounts that they have resumed deliveries to WDW resorts.

No idea if any other services [eg Amazon Prime Now, Instacart] have resumed / are allowed to resume deliveries to the resorts. Hopefully as more people stay there will be reports about those types of services.

SW
Have they said whether they can deliver to Bell Services, or if you have to meet them yourself?

Have they said whether they can deliver to Bell Services, or if you have to meet them yourself?

Dizzy Dolphin and Garden Grocer can both deliver to Bell Services. I would suggest confirming that with them when/before you place your order in case things change.

SW

@dgbg100106 Because of the uncertainty of the regular rooms at Jambo will be closed for Nov., I switched yesterday to BC and saved money too! Easier to just walk to Epcot and not stress about transportation.

Hopefully, I can get back to AKL in 2021.
Sorry if I'm reading incorrectly but are you saying standard rooms at Jambo house are closed until November?

Sorry if I'm reading incorrectly but are you saying standard rooms at Jambo house are closed until November?
We were booked in a standard Savanna room at Jambo. Called yesterday and moved to BC GV in case other resorts get booked up. As it stands right now, only DVC rooms are booked. The resort could open later in the year, no guarantee. Most of the staff are international. No sign of Jiko or Boma being open yet.

We were booked in a standard Savanna room at Jambo. Called yesterday and moved to BC GV in case other resorts get booked up. As it stands right now, only DVC rooms are booked. The resort could open later in the year, no guarantee. Most of the staff are international. No sign of Jiko or Boma being open yet.
Aaah, I knew only the dvc part was open by now but as your trip isn't until November, I didn't they'd allow a swap yet due to the unknown on whether Jambo will open or not so that's interesting. Can I ask if you just rang the generic hotel reservation number as I'm wondering if I should ring as I go this Oct?

They have opened up 2021 reservations and I can't get any room in May or December. Is there any reason it would be closed next year?

They have opened up 2021 reservations and I can't get any room in May or December. Is there any reason it would be closed next year?

It’s anybody’s guess, but I think Disney will keep some properties closed until they feel like there’s enough demand. This could of course change over the coming months, but this seems like an intentional move by Disney.

It’s anybody’s guess, but I think Disney will keep some properties closed until they feel like there’s enough demand. This could of course change over the coming months, but this seems like an intentional move by Disney.
Could be, but all resorts were available except AKL and All Stars though today. We booked Yacht Club, but willing to change in a heartbeat.

Aaah, I knew only the dvc part was open by now but as your trip isn't until November, I didn't they'd allow a swap yet due to the unknown on whether Jambo will open or not so that's interesting. Can I ask if you just rang the generic hotel reservation number as I'm wondering if I should ring as I go this Oct?
I had to call reservations yesterday and they transferred me over to guest services....after a 4+ hour hold. I would try to call a get them to find you another resort.

With those that have AKL Jambo resort room reservations, if the non DVC part is not opened in September what happens to those guests that?? I have my reservation for September. Will they just move me to one of the other rooms that will be opened or do I have to pay the difference and go to another resort???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter