Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Got back last night - 7 nights at my happy place. WONDERFUL stay.

Busses - we had a million bus rides, and only 2 of them had waits of over 5 minutes. 99% of the time, the bus was there, or showed up just after we did. It was AWESOME!!

Food - Mara, Boma 2x (B and D), Victoria Falls, Uzima Springs. Loved them all. Trevor at Victoria Falls was the best!! We sat and talked to him for an hour on Monday night. Kim and Laura at Uzima Springs were fantastic, too. So personable!!

Room - we had a standard room and ended up with Savannah View (ok, now that I look at a room map, it is probably more categorized as a partial savannah/standard...but it was exactly what I wanted). It was room 4526, on the Zebra Trail. Loved sitting out there at all times of the day, taking it all in!

Pools - I will say, I think this is where Jambo lacks. The pool is BORING. The slide is so short and uninspired. We ended up at Kidani one day because it is so much better there.

Mousekeeping - perfect. Can't say enough!

CM's - everyone we ran into was very kind and happy to be there. Not a bad one in the bunch!

I am sad it is over, but looking forward to planning my next one :)

Giraffe trail is actually ideal... Shortcut to the pool, and to and from the buses..
AKL being further is a huge plus in my eyes...When you do get back after a day at the parks, it feels like a vacation from a vacation!!!

Enjoy your trip:thumbsup2

I will request Giraffe next time we go. We used the shortcut to just get indoors after the busses and I marveled at how wonderful it would have been to have just been in that wing!!

Got back last night - 7 nights at my happy place. WONDERFUL stay.

Busses - we had a million bus rides, and only 2 of them had waits of over 5 minutes. 99% of the time, the bus was there, or showed up just after we did. It was AWESOME!!

Food - Mara, Boma 2x (B and D), Victoria Falls, Uzima Springs. Loved them all. Trevor at Victoria Falls was the best!! We sat and talked to him for an hour on Monday night. Kim and Laura at Uzima Springs were fantastic, too. So personable!!

Room - we had a standard room and ended up with Savannah View (ok, now that I look at a room map, it is probably more categorized as a partial savannah/standard...but it was exactly what I wanted). It was room 4526, on the Zebra Trail. Loved sitting out there at all times of the day, taking it all in!

Pools - I will say, I think this is where Jambo lacks. The pool is BORING. The slide is so short and uninspired. We ended up at Kidani one day because it is so much better there.

Mousekeeping - perfect. Can't say enough!

CM's - everyone we ran into was very kind and happy to be there. Not a bad one in the bunch!

I am sad it is over, but looking forward to planning my next one :)
So glad you had a blast! 112 more days for us!
How far would you say the walk was from your room to the busses? We have a 13 month old so still trying to strategically find the right standard area for us not too far from busses but with a partial savannah view. Did you put down preferences?
Thanks!

We'll be at AKL in one week! First time and very excited. Touring plans will fax our room request in two days. Staying in a standard room, but hoping for a partial savannah view.

Does anyone know why the deluxe studio villa savanna view is cheaper than a regular room?
From what I can tell the studio is bigger. It's just DH and DD1. I booked it, but DH asked why it was cheaper thinking something must be "wrong" with it. We aren't staying until April so I'm hoping sales come out and if it changes back to the regular room being cheaper I will switch. Lol

Also if we want to see giraffes what savannah should I request? Last time we had a savannah view we had vultures and kudus (sunset I think).

Thanks!

Currently at AKL, actually typing this from my resort room. I love this resort! We have been here since Aug 4 and have had nothing but a great time. The cast members have been so nice and they go above and beyond. The bus service has been really good for us. Actually too good, every time we leave the park the bus has already arrived so we have to run to catch it..LoL. At the resort, we have not waited over 15 mins for a bus. Overall, we are loving our stay at our "home resort."

So glad you had a blast! 112 more days for us!
How far would you say the walk was from your room to the busses? We have a 13 month old so still trying to strategically find the right standard area for us not too far from busses but with a partial savannah view. Did you put down preferences?
Thanks!

It was longer-ish. Our park days we did 3+ parks/day, going from open - midnight (AK). So, the walk back to the room felt even longer. I would say it is a 2 minute walk, at most, up to the lobby, and then 2 - 3 back to the room. We were down the zebra trail, the second to last room before the last wing. However, going to Mara/Pool/Laundry/Arcade, we were just about 8 rooms from the elevator that took you right to them. So, that was fantastic!

I'm guessing there is a hair dryer in the room? I don't really want to bring it if I don't have to. I take it most of the time since we are there for two weeks. But we are only going for a week. So I can deal with there so I don't need to pack it.

I'm guessing there is a hair dryer in the room? I don't really want to bring it if I don't have to. I take it most of the time since we are there for two weeks. But we are only going for a week. So I can deal with there so I don't need to pack it.

There is. They are in the closet hooked to the ironing board. At least ours was.

There is. They are in the closet hooked to the ironing board. At least ours was.
Thanks for the tip. I probably would have been looking everywhere for it. Last year at the Poly it was in a bag in the bathroom. But there bathroom set up is a pain. Hated it. Every time I was getting ready someone had to go! It wasn't my favorite resort that is for sure. Pool was ok we were in Hawaii facing the pool so that was good. Pool a the poly was so so crowded at the time. IT was less crowded at POP.

What's up with Mara? I saw a trip stay review(can't find it now!)
saying that the Mara was SO BAD
that they got their room bill credited!!!!
They said the food was COLD?!
AND that the Service was horrible!

We have always loved the Mara,
AND THIS seems unbelievable!
Please tell me what's up.
Thanks in advance.

This resort I have booked the last 3 times going to Disney and I always change it to something else. This time Im locked in with a split stay.

If I booked a Savannah room which room preferences should I make with online check in? From reading I believe I would like Zebra trail but its not listed as option.

What's up with Mara? I saw a trip stay review(can't find it now!)
saying that the Mara was SO BAD
that they got their room bill credited!!!!
They said the food was COLD?!
AND that the Service was horrible!

We have always loved the Mara,
AND THIS seems unbelievable!
Please tell me what's up.
Thanks in advance.

Ate at Mara 3 - 4 times last week (maybe more??), and not a bad moment. I had a HORRIBLE guest behind me in line, however, LOUDLY *****ing about the CM's and the other guests. It was obnoxious. That was the only thing I ran into that soured me on my trip.

Ate at Mara 3 - 4 times last week (maybe more??), and not a bad moment. I had a HORRIBLE guest behind me in line, however, LOUDLY *****ing about the CM's and the other guests. It was obnoxious. That was the only thing I ran into that soured me on my trip.

That cranky person that was behind you in line probably wrote the bad review AnnaKat asked about! hahaha I wish Disney would put up "attitude detectors" like metal detectors, and if someone's cranky they will not be allowed on Property!

Jambo fellow AKL lovers! What drinks would you recommend at Victoria Falls?

Also, if I have a dinner reservation for Boma at 9:00, is that too late? Will they stay past 9:30 or is that just the last time they seat people?

Have a standard view room booked and want to be close to the mara/pool/lobby/trans. What area/floor would you request.

Thanks.

We will be taking our first family trip to Disney and staying at AKL September 8-14th. (hoping to add one more night!) Add me to the list please. Thanks!
September

Tk0021, 1st - 5th, AKL

Jvattes, 1st - 5th, Jambo House

Rhody Red, 5th - 15th, AKL

Tonyz, 8th - 10th, AKL

Vintage princess, 8th - 14th, AKL

Shanethesaint88, 9th - 17th, AKL

Wdw4rfam, 10th - 18th, Kidani

Rlk0875, 13th - 17th, Jambo House

Mika02, 19th - 20th, AKL

Kenziesnow, 19th - 28th, AKL

SunnyDey, 23rd - 30th, Jambo

Patster734, 23rd - Oct 1st, AKL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter