Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I'm seeking advice on non-resort days during upcoming December trip. My trip is December 13-22. My husband and I are arriving December 13 to MCO around 3:00 pm. We just plan on checking into our room, exploring the hotel, and eating a quick service dinner at The Mara on our arrival day. However, my daughter and her friend are joining us after their college finals and will arrive after midnight on December 15. We currently are only planning on doing 3 park days (we have the park hoppers because we are booked under free dining). Additionally, we will be going to the Christmas party one evening.

We have visited AKL for dinner at Boma twice before, but never stayed there. Our last two holiday trips have been at the Wilderness Lodge. Because AKL has the animal viewing areas and is such a nice resort, I thought it was important to schedule some resort time into our stay. However, my husband and I will end up with a bit more resort time than my daughter and her friend since our arrival days differ. We don't plan on starting our park days until around 11:00 am-12:00 pm on December 16 (to give daughter and friend plenty of rest after their late arrival), and we are not planning on any park time on our departure day. My husband and I will have the evening of the 13th, and the entire day on the 14th and 15th to explore the resort, shop at Disney Springs, and check out holiday decor at other resorts. We were also planning on two whole resort days with my daughter and her friend, in addition to the morning/afternoon of the Christmas party. Is this too much resort time? Would one whole resort day plus the morning of the Christmas party be plenty? Also, any suggestions on how much time should be reserved for Disney Springs, checking out holiday decor at other resorts, and any other suggestions of things for my husband and I to do until my daughter and her friend arrive would be appreciated. My husband and I are planning on eating at Jiko one night and we plan on seeing La Nouba one night with daughter and her friend.

Thanks in advance for suggestions. I'm really struggling with how much time to reserve for the resort because I have read there is so much to do and see at AKL, but I'm not sure if that pertains to adults or children's activities. Plus, this will be the first trip for my daughter's friend.
December

Jmsaj, 1st - 5th, AKV

Monica9, 1st - 7th, AKL

Beedee12, 1st - 10th, AKL

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Disdadd14, 2nd - 9th, Jambo House

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Lumee23, 2nd - 9th, Kidani

Somnia, 6th - 15th Jambo CL

JoJoGirl, 8th - 12th, AKL

Disraavenlaur, 8th - 16th, AKL

Sunset7132, 8th - 17th, AKL

New Hamp, 9th - 12th, AKL

MarcV, 9th - 16th, Kidani

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

CrazzzyforDisney83, 10th - 16th, AKL

LvsTnk, 10th -19th, Kidani

Akess, 13th - 22nd, AKL

Dtkids, 16th - 22nd, AKL

Mlunsford, 21st - 26th, AKL

Jeremeyp, 21st - 27th, Jambo

BaseballMoM2007, 21st - 30th, AKL

Brandyleeann, 30th - Jan 1st, AKL

DW and I are on our last day of a 14-days trip at the AKL, in CL. We spent so many days in the resort that we would not say that 2 are too much! it always depends if you are more park persons or resort persons, though in the AKL there is always plenty of things to do, be it go to the savanaah overlooks (you didn't say if you have a savannah-view room), enjoy the pool or a drink. As far as we were concerned, two weeks were not even enough to go check the Kidani Village, though if we come back tot his resort, I'm sure we will try to walk/bus hop to there!
I agree! We just got back and wish I scheduled 2 full resort days. We only scheduled 3/4 of one day and an evening (different day). Not enough time to fully appreciate this beautiful resort. We never made it over to Kidani to use the pool and never did made it to the nighttime animal viewing. 2 full resort days/evenings would be ideal.

Im staying AKL in November in a Savannah view room. Have never stayed there before and Animal Kingdom is my least favorite park (although Pandora looks cool). The last 3 trips I was booked here but changed it. Once to POFQ and once to Contemporary. I like to try new resorts. That being said Im still searching for some other resort besides this one. Family doesnt seemed that thrilled with the theme. Can anyone convince me I made right choice? :)
Just my opinion - if you're not crazy about AK and your family doesn't seem thrilled with theme, I'd say look elsewhere. We loved AKL but my family adored the theme, animals, restaurants, etc. We really liked hanging out on our balcony during afternoon breaks to watch the animals. We all also love AK. It's a quick and easy trip to AK and we went multiple times. The other parks are more of a hike and sometimes our buses were delayed. Once it took about 45-50 min to get to MK bc our bus was held up. If you think transportation from AKL might bother you and you'd rather be closer to other parks, maybe AKL isn't the best choice for you.

Just my opinion - if you're not crazy about AK and your family doesn't seem thrilled with theme, I'd say look elsewhere. We loved AKL but my family adored the theme, animals, restaurants, etc. We really liked hanging out on our balcony during afternoon breaks to watch the animals. We all also love AK. It's a quick and easy trip to AK and we went multiple times. The other parks are more of a hike and sometimes our buses were delayed. Once it took about 45-50 min to get to MK bc our bus was held up. If you think transportation from AKL might bother you and you'd rather be closer to other parks, maybe AKL isn't the best choice for you.

This trip Im only doing 2.5 park days. Doing Mickey's Merry XMAS party but will be at YC during that. My resort days at AKL will be going to EPCOT once and AK the other to check out Pandora (FoP) etc.

This trip Im only doing 2.5 park days. Doing Mickey's Merry XMAS party but will be at YC during that. My resort days at AKL will be going to EPCOT once and AK the other to check out Pandora (FoP) etc.
Then that may work for you. AK is only 5 minutes away and it seemed like there was an abundance of buses. It is a beautiful resort and I would definitely go back. Good luck!

Hello!

We will be on our first Disney trip staying at AKL next week! I am looking into grocery delivery. I am trying to decide between prime pantry, Prime Now, or Garden Grocer. Has anyone had any luck with these services at AKL? I noticed that Prime Pantry says 4-5 Days for delivery, so I will need to order early. If our package arrives before we do will they hold it for us? If GG delivers, should you be there for their delivery time? We are getting there pretty late on Friday evening. I see they deliver until 9:00pm and our plane lands around 7pm, so that would be cutting it close! Their website says resorts will hold the items and you don't have to be there but....GG isn't Disney so I wanted to check!)

One last question, how big are the refrigerators? Could I fit a half gallon of milk in one? Thank you everyone!!

....I'm sooooooo bummed.....I don't remember if I had mentioned back in December of 2015 I attended a Tricky Tray event at our local church and WON 4 1-DAY PARK-HOPPER PASSES!!! Unbeknownst to me, they apparently have an expiration date of 2 years - October 22, which is only 5 DAYS BEFORE OUR ARRIVAL DATE OF OCTOBER 27.....just. my. luck. :badpc:

....I'm sooooooo bummed.....I don't remember if I had mentioned back in December of 2015 I attended a Tricky Tray event at our local church and WON 4 1-DAY PARK-HOPPER PASSES!!! Unbeknownst to me, they apparently have an expiration date of 2 years - October 22, which is only 5 DAYS BEFORE OUR ARRIVAL DATE OF OCTOBER 27.....just. my. luck. :badpc:
oh no......

change dates?

....can't.....my DS's GF is a manager and the schedule was set over 5 months ago.....plus, I've already paid for MNSSHP and a wine seminar tix....really? Five days? I sent an email to guest services and I really hope that they'll pull through....

...and, when you think about it, technically, I lost 2 months, because I won those passes in December of 2015 and they were issued to that church in October of 2015....

Hello!

We will be on our first Disney trip staying at AKL next week! I am looking into grocery delivery. I am trying to decide between prime pantry, Prime Now, or Garden Grocer. Has anyone had any luck with these services at AKL? I noticed that Prime Pantry says 4-5 Days for delivery, so I will need to order early. If our package arrives before we do will they hold it for us? If GG delivers, should you be there for their delivery time? We are getting there pretty late on Friday evening. I see they deliver until 9:00pm and our plane lands around 7pm, so that would be cutting it close! Their website says resorts will hold the items and you don't have to be there but....GG isn't Disney so I wanted to check!)

One last question, how big are the refrigerators? Could I fit a half gallon of milk in one? Thank you everyone!!
Check out Instacart. They deliver to WDW resorts. Go to www.publix.com and click on the Instacart link. They have been giving free delivery. They shop local and will work with you for the delivery. Have fun.

Are those newer Magic Bands (MB2's) any better than the original ones? Do the old ones still work?

I think they are better. The part holding the chip is slimmer and transferable to other items. Yes, the old MBs still work.

Call Disney and explain it to them. Hopefully, they can sprinkle pixie dust and resolve the problem.

Call Disney and explain it to them. Hopefully, they can sprinkle pixie dust and resolve the problem.
....I emailed a letter to them detailing EVERYTHING......the CM in Ticket Sales wouldn't even give me a phone number to call....she only provided an address.....I sure hope it works.

....I emailed a letter to them detailing EVERYTHING......the CM in Ticket Sales wouldn't even give me a phone number to call....she only provided an address.....I sure hope it works.
Can't you upgrade the tickets now?:confused3

Can't you upgrade the tickets now?:confused3
....it says that they cannot be upgraded and they are not transferrable....I don't want any monetary compensation - I just want to use them as face value, for the one day and to be able to park-hop....I'll even forego the hopping part. I was really depending on using them and not have to fork out over $500 more for park tickets.

....it says that they cannot be upgraded and they are not transferrable....I don't want any monetary compensation - I just want to use them as face value, for the one day and to be able to park-hop....I'll even forego the hopping part. I was really depending on using them and not have to fork out over $500 more for park tickets.
What are you doing for the other days your there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter