Jan 3, 2004 Magic Cruise

sandiedvc,
I travel with two teenaged girls - you will appreciate the extra bathroom! I swear by the over the door shoeholder while traveling. It frees up counter space and doesn't slide if the ship gets rocking.
All of the public spaces are very air conditioned. Sweaters or shawls come in handy during dinner or at the shows.
We're almost at the twenty week countdown. Once Labor Day comes and goes, life seems to enter warp speed. January will be here before we know it.

Dawn

Thanks for the tip about the door hanger for bathroom supplies. I'll try to find one.

We are beginning to get excited about the cruise. It's all I think about. I have several port cams bookmarked to see the Magic when it is in port.:earsboy: :earsgirl:

Hello All,
I had to drive my daughter Meagan to MCO this morning - she's moving into her dorm at Western Colorado State. On my way back to Melbourne I drove by our beloved Magic and realized that we are now 20 weeks away from sailing! Twenty weeks from this evening we will be dressing for dinner, hoping for interesting dining companions and being grateful that it is our turn.

Dawn

Hello fellow cruisers. I'm posting for two reasons. One is to bump this thread back to the top! I found it deep into the other threads. The second is to tell you about a website by someone on this board. His name is Veranda Man. He is going on a cruise this week and has done a lot of work to get others who have posted on this board to meet up on the cruise. It is way cool. Check out the web site and see if you are interested in doing something similiar for our cruise.

http://verandahman.com/82303cruiselist.htm

Hey Brack!

Yep, Captain Verandah Commandah Underpants is a good friend of mine!! He and his family are the greatest.

Wow verandahman certainly has done a lot of work!! But what a neat idea to get everyone's pictures so you can see what everyone looks like!!

I am getting so excited. Started collecting "things" for the cruise--lots of new clothes!

I am more excited than the kids! :earsgirl:

Hello,
As the time draws nearer we should difinitely plan some type of meet. I have participated in get togethers at the Radisson the night prior, at a designated point in between the drill and sailaway party. Brunch at Palo could be fun....
Verandah Man is an amazing individual. If anyone would like to volunteer to keep track of everyone, please step up. I wouldn't mind making name tags for the group.
Have a splendid weekend,
Dawn Hope

:cool: Me and my DMom in law are doing her second, my third DCL with you all. I have never done the Western Caribbean, have heard the Eastern is better but still looking forward with excitement. I am still hoping that Dueling Piano's and Fidelio will be with us again on this cruise, it just won't be the same without him. I got my MIL hooked on him last cruise.

Bon Voyage Everyone &
have a Disney Day :earsgirl: :wave: :earsboy:

I am looking at a place to park a webpage and have pulled out my Frontpage manual to see what I can work up. Don't hold your breath but I'm going to at least explore it. I think it would be cool. If I do make it happen then I'll post the address for you to check it out before we start inhabiting it with pictures and stuff.:smooth:

http://earth.prohosting.com/brackjr/

OK I have started it. It is not pretty but I have at least started it. There is still much to learn about how to use their program but it is my favorite price ... FREE!

If you want to have name, email, city or whatever send it to my e-mail address MICanMIN@aol.com . Also, any pictures have to be less than 2mb's. Smaller would be better (1mb or less)

Let me know. I am going to spend more time on it this weekend before I go out of town for a few days.

looks like a great start Brack.... I'm sure Andy will be able to help with things if he comes back next week... I think he's going to hide out on the ship and never leave!!

This is just to bump this thread up. Don't want it to get too far down the list.:smooth:

Just back from Labor day retreat. Found this WAY BACK! so here is a bump

OK...here goes my intro:cool:

I (35) will be cruising with my DH (37), DD (10) and DS (9). It will be our first 7-day cruise. We have done four shorter cruises (2 on the Wonder). We are bring DH Dad and Step Mom with. We currently have reservations to stay at Poly Concierge 12-31 thru 1-3. I live for Disney and can't wait to go on a 7-day cruise. We are staying in cabin 8032 with Grandparents on Deck 7 (couldn't justify spending the extra ??? to put 2 people in a Cat 4;) ). We had a verandah on our November cruise and are looking forward to being in a Cat 3. We toured our room before leaving the ship on our 11-02 cruise....WOW...I can't wait. We are so close to a double digit countdown to the cruise!!!

LVTravel...
I went to Brack's web page and saw your granddaughter is 11. My DD will be 10 (almost 11) at cruise time.

I think it would be fun to meet up with a DIS group at some point. My family believes I am Disney obsessed. We traveled with another family in 1999 and I had all of our day planned, PS made and typed out for us before the trip. There is just so much to do I don't want to miss a thing! However, on our July trip I was there on business and did not make a single PS ahead of time:eek: We actually went at a very relaxed pace (it was sooooo hot) and were able to go to Typhoon Lagoon for the first time.

Anyways back to the cruise. Has anyone done the Western itinerary before. What are the must dos, any tips for planning ahead? I'm planning on letting the concierge do our on-board ressies.

See you all soon:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Amy

Amy if you want a picture of your family on the webpage just send it to micanmin@aol.com. I hope to update it this week.

OK I'm really worried about this thread! I keep finding it way back in the list of threads. Is no one as excited as I am about this cruise? I have been listening to only Jimmy Buffet for weeks now. I have can't wait to get on that ship!

I'm still excited, just too busy working late this week... my "kids" are back at school... I work in a college athletic department, so preseason was in full swing last week, and classes began this past Tuesday,,, so I've been busy getting rosters, eligibility forms, etc ready... if I worked 18 hours a day, it still wouldn't be enough.

But in my spare time, I've been busy putting packing lists together... got my birth certificate and putting my info book together, plus buyng memory pages for scrapbooking kit!!!

All of us in my group are excited about going but unfortunately we are sooo busy. Wife working hard every day so we can afford to go and I am doing a lot of instate travelling on one of my jobs so I get to the computer about once a week.

DW & I are also getting ready to go to Las Vegas on a working vacation in less than two weeks. I work while she vacations. I'm going to an EMS conference and she wants to go along for one of her weeks of vacation. (I get to do the same to her in April when she goes to Reno for a conference and I get to do the vacation thing.)

AmyM, I do hope that Meghan & your DD will become friends on the cruise. She didn't want to use the private club for her age group last cruise and wanted to stay with us. I think 11 is about the right age to start giving some independance to a child, especially when they are in a controlled atmosphere like the Oceaneer club and Oceaneer Lab. DCL has some of the greatest child counselors I have ever seen.

Less than 4 months..... Yeah!

Hello All,
I haven't been "visiting" the threads much lately. Due to DD Meagan's schedule, she will have to return to Colorado on Friday the 9th (our Castaway Cay day). Because I love her more than DCL, I have had to cancel (postpone) our voyage. I am not willing to give up the week prior to her return to classes for DCL - as difficult as that is - and the sailing before January 3rd is too cost prohibitive for my family. If DD Erin and I can rebook guilt free (okay, I'm the only one having an issue with this), the two of us will sail sans Meagan in February.
Have a Konch Kooler for me,
Dawn Hope

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter