Jane E.'s Fitness Journal

Great job on your eating and working out! I will have to try red pepper strips with my hummus. I have been buying the red peppers (and hummus) from Costco and have to put them in EVERYTHING to use all 6 before they go bad...

I saw our grocery store has Contessa on sale. I will have to pick up a couple bags and try it out. I am assuming there are no "bad" ingredients in it (corn starch, etc)... I have been noticing all the sugar that is in the stuff I buy for the kids. I have told the kids they are not going to be having a lot of their fave stuff after it's gone. Like those cinnamon applesauce cups have 23g of sugar! And a Capri Sun has 27g of sugar! They will be getting the peach or strawberry No Sugar Added applesauce cups and Kool-Aid 10 (sweetened with Splenda) juice boxes from now on! And they will also be eating Quaker Weight Control oatmeal instead of Dinosaur oatmeal (1g of sugar compared to 19g, and they eat 2 packs!). It's amazing how much sugar is out there!

Keep it up, those 12's will be your friends again really soon. :thumbsup2

Today I did 45 minutes of circuit training. :teeth:

Yesterday I also had watermelon, 6 pretzels & 2 LC.

Today:
oatmeal, apples, raisins,nf milk 1.25, 150
Contessa beef meal for lunch 3, 350
1/4 of a ham/turkey sandwich 2.0, 100
Contessa shrimp stir fry 2.5 250

8.75, 850

I was bummed out when I went to the grocery store. They were all out of my favorite, The Chicken Stir Fry.

Amy, I'm not sure if there's bad stuff in the Contessa bags or not. I just looked at the fat grams & calories and decided to try them when they were two for one at the grocery store. They are expensive. Dh can eat a whole bag himself. I think you'd need at least 2 bags to feed a family of four. Thats if you're having veggies and dip or something else with it. It says there are 3 servings in one bag but I usually eat half the bag for my dinner.

Those Capri drinks are terrible. I never liked them anyway, but I did used to buy them for the kids sometimes. I can't believe how much sugar is in them. You're right sugar seems to be in everything nowadays. :sad2:

Yay on the workout! :cheer2: :banana: :cool1:

I really love that oatmeal recipe. Of course I eat about 5x as much as you do... :rolleyes1 But it is going to be one of my favorite weekend breakfasts! I wish I could chop up the apples beforehand, but they'd get brown and gross.

I don't think the kids would like the Contessa meals. I'd have to make it when they are at their dad's. But I want to try them while they are on sale! I will have to get one of each.

Sometimes I can't believe how dense people can be. I went to the store & bought a box of FlavR Ice. The box contained 100 FlavR Ice packets. The price was $3.99. The cashier rang up my order and charged me $39 without blinking an eye. I said to him, "$39 for FlavR Ice?!?! He told me "yes" quite matter of factly. I had to get the price off of the shelf before he'd change it! :crazy: It takes all kinds, I guess.

20 minutes of cardio
Weigh in was 159.8. :banana: I'm back in the 150's!

Today I had 2 slices of pb&j toast for breakfast, 1 banana
(I know not so good.)
#2 & #3 were a bowl of veggie beef soup each

Amy, the Chicken Stir Fry is my favorite. It has lots of veggies besides the chicken. It must be everyone else's fave too because the grocery store was out of it. Some of the dishes don't have as many veggies, now that I know I'm going to try to stick with the healthier ones.

I can't believe your tickers. You sure are travelling alot! Have a great time. Be careful, I'm reading Natalie Holloway's Dad's book now & its kind of scary. :scared1:

$39????? :rotfl2: At least that guy isn't a pilot or doctor! ;)

Yay for the 50's!!! You're on a roll! I hope to join you one day! Have a great weekend!

That's great that you have left the 160's behind! :cheer2: All that working out and extra veggies is paying off!

Do you have any exciting plans for this weekend?

I'm still in the 150's! Same weight as yesterday. I'm taking that as a positive change.

Today I did my workout to The Biggest Loser. I love that show. Does anyone know what happened to Jillian? I like the new trainer too - they're both good. I was just curious why she wasn't on anymore. I did 30 minutes of circuit training.

#1 veggie burger, bun, 1 wedge lf LC cheese, 1 scoop of icecream

Thats all I've eaten. :guilty: Dh and I are going out for dinner tonight. I guess I saved up my calories.

Thanks CJK! I've just got to hang onto it this time. :teeth:

Amy, nothing exciting. Dh & I are going out for dinner tonight. Tomorrow night we're having friends over for dinner & cards. Sunday is football day! But I don't know why - The Bucs are doing awful. :sad2:

I am going to have to try Laughing Cow on bread. I bet it is great! I got this flourless 7 grain bread and it can use all the help it can get.. :rolleyes:

Where did you go for dinner? I think DH and I will go out next weekend while the kids are gone. I am a little nervous about him being with the kids alone all week. I have a feeling they will be eating a lot of PB&J, pizza and cereal for dinner!

You seem to be back in a really positive mindset, I know you won't stray and get yourself back into the 160's. You've put on this last couple lbs pretty quickly, I am guessing it will come off pretty quickly too. YOU CAN DO IT! :banana: :cool1: :yay:

Jane, great job on the loss!! :cheer2:

Hope you have a good week. Keep dong what you're doing! :sunny:

It looks like the Bucs are off to a bad start. I feel bad for our quarterback. He kept trying to play & ended up in the hospital having spleen surgery.

Friday night dh & I went out and split two appetizers. Chicken quesadillas & crabcakes. I also had to Cosmopolitans.

Saturday I had cereal w/fruit & nf milk for breakfast. I had lots of work to do scrubbing down our patio so I grabbed a hotdog for lunch.

For dinner we had friends over so we grilled out - chicken & hotdogs. I had a chili cheese dog, veggies, guacamole & potato salad. I had tons of toppings for the hotdogs: saurkraut, chili, cheese, onions, pickles besides the regular stuff. For dessert I had peanut M&Ms. We also had Macadamia Nut Cookies but I didn't eat any. Also one Lime Coke.

For breakfast dh & I did one of our favorites: our McD's home brunch. Dh went to McD's and picked us each up a burrito & cinamon roll. I made mimosas. We sat in bed & watched Sunday Morning on CBS while eating.

I made a homemade pizza for lunch/dinner so everyone could eat whenever they wanted since they were watching the football game. I got this idea from the Food Network. I used one of those homemade roll out crusts, for the sauce I used Alfredo sauce, then added the leftover grilled chicken, artichokes, sweet white onions, garlic & Italian seasoning. I liked it. I had one slice at 4pm and one slice at 7pm. Also a handful of peanut M&Ms but no chips or dip.

Today I took the dog on a 35 minute trail walk and then took myself on a 35 minute bike ride. :dogdance: After coming home & doing some housework I fell fast asleep from 11am to 1pm. I needed to really work myself out like that. I just haven't been doing enough. I still feel exhauted. After watching the people on the Biggest Loser workout I realize I need to upgrade my workout.

After all of the salty, rich & high fattening foods from this weekend I decided to take a day off and fast. Its been lots of water & lemon water. I ate so darn much this weekend that I still don't feel hungry yet.

Amy for dinner we went to the Stonewood Grill. Its only in Florida. They have delicious food. I especially love the sauces they uses - and their grouper is the best I've ever had. I don't blame you for being nervous when you're not home, but I bet things will go well. You're right, I'm going to hang in there even after this damaging weekend! I really don't have any other alternatives! I'm just going to keep hanging on! :dance3:

Kate, thanks for the encouragement! :goodvibes Phew! Its almost like starting all over again. How did you fare this weekend with all of those horrible storms?

My meals for today kind of wavered.
#1 1/2 pear and raspberries
#2 chili cheese dog (My neighbor came over & we tore into these.)
#3 chili cheese dog

We're going out for dinner later tonight. :teeth:

No workout today. I was trying to talk dh into going to the State Park to bike ride but he doesn't want to. I'm going to have to get a bike holder for my car. I'd really like to do this. He doesn't understand that I need motivation to workout. He just wants me to workout. I love getting out in nature, but I don't think he does.

Wow, a chili cheese dog diet! :rotfl: What did you have for dinner?

Maybe you can compromise with DH. Agree to go on one nature outing every week or every other week or something. I bet once he gets out there he will start to enjoy it more. And if not, find a buddy to go with you!

You are doing really good getting all your exercise in. I have been happy with getting to the gym 3x a week. We are just TOO BUSY with all the kid's activities. So 3x a week is pretty good right now! Now if I could just get my eating under control, I think I'd get off this plateau... :rolleyes1

lovinaz said:
Wow, a chili cheese dog diet! :rotfl: What did you have for dinner?

Amy, you're not picking on me, are you? Ok, I know I deserve it. I love junk food. I will continue to increase my workouts - I have to if I'm going to deal with all the junk food I eat. You're right about getting a walking buddy. One of my neighbors and my daughter in law have both said that they'd love to go beach walking with me. I'm sure they'd probably enjoy trail walking too.

I managed to get in a fifteen minute walk last evening. We walked to where the creek meets the bay. I was so excited because I saw an otter and pointed it out to everyone. I felt so stupid when they pointed out to me what I thought was an otter's head was a manatee's NOSE! :confused3 :confused3

Yesterday was 1/2 nacho appetizer and 2 LI iced teas.

I also got in fifteen minutes of cardio today.

#1 banana

#2 Pnut butter on sourdough toast - 2 slices

#2 a homemade chocolate chip cookie - we baked them at work with the residents -soooo good.

#3 grilled chicken w/BBQ sauce & 2 slices of sourdough toast w/pnut butter

I have to get off of my junk food diet AGAIN. I also managed to buy 2 packages of Stir Fry Chicken. I'm just not into shrimp that much.

Of course I am picking on you! :teeth:

Wow, I think I would have been more excited about seeing a manatee than an otter! That reminds me of a couple months ago when I was walking with DS and he said "Mom, look, a monkey in that tree!" and in this huge palo verde tree, there was a palm husk that was stuck way up in the top branches. I was cracking up and told him that I didn't think monkeys lived in the wild in AZ... :lmao:

GET YOUR PROTEIN IN!!!!!!! For cryin' out loud, do I have to stop by on my way to Miami in Nov to cram some chicken down your gullet? You need to buy that Contessa by the pallet and stick with it! :thumbsup2

lovinaz said:
"Mom, look, a monkey in that tree!"
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Thats cute!

Amy, you're right. I'm craving my junk food stuff because I haven't been eating as much protein. I know what to do and I'm not doing it. :confused3

Today I did 30 minutes of cardio.
#1 toast w/pnut butter
#2 toast w/pnut butter and 1/4C concord grapes
#3 pizza - my neighbor and I ordered in pizza

I had to work tonight to help out with a party. I was offered all kinds of bad foods and managed to resist.

Everyone at work is so thin and in awesome shape. I felt awful tonight.

Great job resisting all the goodies at work! :cheer2: Who cares what your co-workers look like, they might have something not so desirable going on in other aspects of their life. You have a wonderful hubby and two great sons! And you are definitely in shape with all the workouts you do! Once you get that eating back in control, those lbs will come flying off and you will be back in those Size 10's and loving your body! :thumbsup2

We are going out to eat tonight. I need some :wizard: to behave!

I've never been so worn out! My mother is literally going to KILL me with her depression era economics! I was leisurely relaxing in bed on my day off when my brother - a little panicky - phoned me from work. Mom has a tree that needs to be taken down. Yesterday, a guy offered to take it down for $800 - she refused. Then 30 minutes later another guy offered to take it down for $400. Both Mom and my brother agreed. (WHat was my brother thinking?)Once at work he had second thoughts about mom being home alone - he was afraid it might be a scam so he phoned me.

THen I ran over to Mom's. While there, another guy, who had done tree work for her last year showed up. Mom told him she was having someone else do the work for $400. He got upset and said the work could not be legally done for $400 & that he would watch for the worker & report him for no license, workers comp, insurance etc. He said he'd come back in the afternoon with a bucket and do the job. I told him "no" that we'd phone him if we wanted him back. He agreed. As he was leaving Mom said "what time are you coming back today?" :furious:

Meanwhile....I wait for the other guy with the $400 bid. The worker showed up ALONE! (Can you imagine taking down a big tree alone?) I tried to explain the situation but he had trouble understanding. Finally, he used my cell phone and called his boss. Within 5 minutes his boss showed up. I then explained the situation to his boss. Then his boss angrily turned to the worker and said, "you didn't bid this job for $400, did you?" The other guy didn't answer. I asked if the guy worked for him and he replied disgustedly, "I don't know if he works for me or not". Then I replied that he was welcome to put in an estimate if he wanted to. He said it would be over $1000 but it was a big job and he didn't think he'd want it.

Cut to a couple hours later. The guy who had previously worked for Mom showed up. As he's writing out his estimate mom told him to "be careful there's a guy running around who is going to report everyone". I told her "Mom that's this guy." :rotfl: She did look a bit embarrassed after that. Since he did work for her last year that she was pleased with I thought we may as well use him again. I hope I made the right decision.

I can't believe what my brother and mother put me thru. I lectured my brother on using someone who does not have workers comp, insurance etc etc etc etc just to save a few bucks. He knew darn well that this guy couldn't be on the up and up. At least Mom doesn't understand - she thinks everything should cost what it cost in 1970. Whats so darn hard about getting out the yellow pages & getting 3 estimates. Sure they may be more expensive in the long run but I lost a whole day dealing with this and worrying about my mom.

:rotfl2: Younger ds is always popping out & scaring me. I've been wanting to get revenge. Today he was sitting in the pickup truck with the engine on and the door ajar writing something. I got down low, snuck around to his side & SCREAMED! He totally freaked - almost stabbed me with the pen. THen he was mad at me because he almost accidentally got me. I was just glad that I finally got him back! :rotfl2:

I did get in 20 minutes of walking.

#1 oatmeal, apple, nf milk
#2 sloppy joe (I was stuck at MOm's house.) fudgesicle

Amy, I talked with dh and hopefully next week he's going to start exercising with me about twice a week. We're hoping to do bike rides first thing in the morning. Once I get my workouts squared away my eating should fall right into place.

Just catching up on journals ...

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Love the story about getting your DS!! :rotfl2: You are a fun mom. Sorry you had to spend the day with your mom and the tree, but it sounds like you got it all handled well.

Great job resisting at the work party, and Amy is right. Don't even think aobut what the others look like. You are healthy. you exercise tons, and you know how to eat right. I can tell you want to get back to good eating. Stock up the fridge and pantry with only healthy stuff, and you'll get there. If there isn't bad stuff available to snack on, then it is a whole lot harder to cheat. :teeth:

I will have to look for the Contessa stuff at the store. Sounds like a good quick meal option.

Take care Jane and Start Over begins tomorrow with the 1st of October , ok?

What the heck was your brother thinking? I would rather pay a little more for the guy who you already know does good work. How stressful!

I'm glad you got DS back. I bet he didn't think it was so funny when the shoe was on the other foot, huh?!? What ever came out of your older DS's tests? I hope everything is OK with him, please update us!

Today starts a new month. You can get your eating back in check, starting now! You are doing awesome on the exercising (I'm so glad DH will be going with you, how fun!) and the eating is bound to follow.

Have a great week, I will check in if I have time!

:charac2:

Unfortunately, the tree story did not end at 310pm on Sunday! :sad:
I was glad that we got someone to cut down the tree that Mom knew. I knew she'd been happy with his work. However, he wasn't sure what day he'd be able to do the job & Mom didn't want to wait a couple of weeks, so I said if it wasn't done in a timely manner we may get someone else to do the job. He assured me it would be sometime that week.

Later, he phoned me to let me know he would be able to get the job done on Saturday, the very next day. I thanked him & breathed a sigh of relief. Just as I was destressing over the day's events the phone rang at 4:15pm. It was my mother! :mad: Apparently she had just phoned the county. She told me excitedly to cancel the guy we had just hired. The county would come out within the next few weeks to assess her tree to see if it was elgible to be cut down for FREE. :mad:

As the color drained from my face. I asked her why she had accepted all these bids, had me over to house to help negotiate, hired someone to cut her tree down, and had specified she wanted the work done as soon as possible only to decide to phone the county & undo all of the work we'd done???- I then said - "I won't cancel anything, you need to discuss this with my brother or handle it yourself - I'm DONE!!!" I was almost in tears. Then she felt bad and said "I don't blame you." I was so upset I hung up the phone & just about dissolved in tears. :sad:

Later that night my brother came over, told me he had refused to allow her to cancel & agreed with me that the county does not cut down trees for free. I later found out that my mother had phoned the county, told them a tree on county property had been struck by lightening, was dying & in danger of toppling over. Thankfully, some other neighbors convinced her that just because she's in the county doesn't mean her yard is the county's obligation.

Another neighbor told me that the week before she had told him that she'd found someone to cut down her tree for $80. :confused3

The tree is now down! party:

:charac2: I also got my permanent crown in today. The assistant who normally works with the dentist was out sick so his fiance was "helping". I was frightened to death when she told me she always had a hard time getting temporary crowns out. Then she proceeded to wiggle the darn thing back and forth like she was pulling a tooth. It was painful.

I almost yelled when she signalled to another of the dentist's assistants for help. She came over, watched the fiance for about 2 seconds, reached into my pain infected mouth & pulled the crown out. I wanted her to stay but the fiance did the fitting & filing. She told me it looked perfect but to me it didn't feel right. After she left the other assistant came back in & refitted the crown and it felt much better. I wanted to throw myself at her feet & beg her not to leave. Unfortunately, the fiance did the follow up work after the dentist put the crown in. She has as much business doing dental work as I do! I hope she's kept so busy at home that she doesn't have time to ever step foot in there. I hate to say that because she's very upbeat, nice & friendly but I was terrorized. I had visions of Steve Martin in The Little Shop of Horrors.

Friday night dh took me out for two Long Island Iced teas & we split nachos.

Saturday - 15 minutes of cardio
#1 chicken fajitas (from work) w/sour cream & salsa, corn & spanish rice
#2 brownie, apple juice
#3 dh again took me out for dinner

We split two appetizers - bruchetta - so delicious & chicken quesadillas. I love all of the food at this restaurant. I also had two cosmopolitans.

Later that night, I had chips & salsa while visiting with friends.

Today:
45 minutes of walking & 15 minutes of weights.

#1 protein drink (its about time) oatmeal, 1 apple, raisins & nf milk
#2 veggie burger, bun, lf cheese
#3 5 mini ww pitas, hummus & lf cheese, GFI coffee drink

Anna, welcome back! :bounce: The bad thing about the party is everyone was wearing really cute dresses and they all looked super good. Our administrator was wearing her 14 year old daughter's dress & it FIT!!!! This has got to motivate me to get going. Its all in the choices I make.

Amy, ds told me that all of the tests came out fine. I don't think he even took the MRI. However, he said that his doctor told him that the tests came out ok & don't show any problems. Right now, he doesn't want to deal with it because his symptoms have gone away, so he doesn't care - Out of sight - out of mind. I'm not so easily persuaded.

I'm looking for other causes since its obviously not tumor etc. Did you see the HomeMakeover show on ABC Sunday night? A man died because of an allergic reaction to mold while he was redoing his house. Now, ds has always been highly allergic, asthmatic etc. I'm wondering if it could be an allergy to something in the apartment building that they live in. Its like he doesn't even want to discuss it now that he's not having any problems. :mad:

I'm back on track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter