January 2011 car rental

Staceyj2 .... when are you going? I'm going 1/22 to 1/29 and am getting $101. We need it from 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on return day so have an extra day. Any suggestions? I'd love to get it cheaper if possible. I'm using the 20% off id and the $40 coupon code.

That is the lowest I could get for ou also. Your time frame seems to have higher base rate than mine, which starts on the 28th.
$101 is still really good for 8 days!! Way lower than I have paid in recent years.

Staceyj2 .... when are you going? I'm going 1/22 to 1/29 and am getting $101. We need it from 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on return day so have an extra day. Any suggestions? I'd love to get it cheaper if possible. I'm using the 20% off id and the $40 coupon code.

Those are the same codes I am using. My dates are 2/2-2/8 so it must be a little cheaper then. $101 still very good rate.

Thanks for checking for me! I really appreciate it! I thought it was good too but it's always worth asking about!

Checked my rates this morning with National Emerald Aisle midsize 1/25/11- 2/8/11 for 15days. Rates have dropped really nicely. I went from $289.97 to $253.45 thats a $36.52 savings. :cool1: Hopefully I can squeeze a few more bucks savings before we leave.. :surfweb:

Checked my rates this morning with National Emerald Aisle midsize 1/25/11- 2/8/11 for 15days. Rates have dropped really nicely. I went from $289.97 to $253.45 thats a $36.52 savings. :cool1: Hopefully I can squeeze a few more bucks savings before we leave.. :surfweb:

Am not sure if you have your loyalty to National but I plugged in your dates to check Alamo with the 20% off ID and the $40 off coupon and I got $199.63 after taxes and fees. (I didn't know exact times for your rental so I made them the same pickup and return time)

i found both the 20% off Florida Rentals ID (7014667) and the $40 off coupon code (AD4027JDO) on the mousesavers site for alamo

Just booked Alamo on their website for 1/29 to 2/5 for a minivan with the code 7014667 and $40 coupon on mousesavers.
Total with taxes is $156.61!
Very happy with it, thanks for all the advice on here!

My rental dates went down to $139 or so. I tried modifying my existing reservation but it kept telling me I had to enter the CC verification code and I was unable to do that. So I just booked a new rate and canceled the old ressie. I checked again today and it was $138 but I won't change over unless it drops a little more. 1 week out!!! :banana:

MZOZZIETJ
Thanks for your efforts ! I tried your suggestions with Alamo and came up with $219.26 which is still a really nice savings from my $253.45 with National. I have rented from all of the Name rental companies, but with all of the perks National provides, we have gotten kinda of spoiled with using them. I like the idea of going right out to the garage and pick out the vehicle we want with out having to go to the desk or kisok. We have been really lucky getting Suv's for the past 3 rentals. So were willing to pay a few bucks more for what we want and not having to pay big bucks for the same thing with other companies. Thanks again for all of your help and if you find rates at National a little cheaper down the road let me know.. :cool1::hippie:

Just tried National Emerald Club one last time for week rental starting tomorrow.

Saved $40 for same car from last weeks price.

Now got a Compact for a week for less than $100.

If you going this week, I suggest everyone try one more time.

Whoaaa, I just used this code with the Mousesavers coupon code and got mine down to $69 INCLUDING taxes/fees for the week. What is this corporate code for? Just so I know if I need to use a specific type of credit card or something else when we get there?

Thanks for the code! I was able to rent a midsize for 5 days and it was actually cheaper than my original rental for a compact for 3 days!

Just tried National Emerald Club one last time for week rental starting tomorrow.

Saved $40 for same car from last weeks price.

Now got a Compact for a week for less than $100.

If you going this week, I suggest everyone try one more time.

What codes are you using? My rate at National for next Friday is still $29 higher than my Alamo rate for the same time.

I just checked national as well and its $60 more for my dates than Alamo. I like the idea of the Emerald Aisle though

I wish that we didn't need a minivan! Our dates are 2/8-2/16 and the rates I am seeing WITH the codes are still about $500. What am I doing wrong or is that just what it is going to cost? Should I hold out a little longer? :confused3

I just won a minivan on Priceline for 2/16-2/23 for $29 a day. That seems to be the best I could during President's Week...

Great idea to check. I just checked my Alamo rate for Tampa. Using the 40 coupon and the other rate for FL, price just dropped $35. We have a full size for 2 weeks. We are picking it up on Sat.

I checked again with the 20% off for FL and the $40 off coupon and it's down to $58.65 (including taxes/fees) for 6 days with Alamo for a mid-size... pretty soon they're gonna be paying me!

I checked again with the 20% off for FL and the $40 off coupon and it's down to $58.65 (including taxes/fees) for 6 days with Alamo for a mid-size... pretty soon they're gonna be paying me!

Insanity!! Mine is down $5 from last night, $71 for a full size!

Woohoo I reached my goal and I broke the $100 mark, 9 day midsize through Alamo for $94.88 including everything, if I could prepay it would be about $85. This is crazy, another reason why I always go during the "off" season. Leaving in two days, hope the rainy forecast changes.

Woohoo I reached my goal and I broke the $100 mark, 9 day midsize through Alamo for $94.88 including everything, if I could prepay it would be about $85. This is crazy, another reason why I always go during the "off" season. Leaving in two days, hope the rainy forecast changes.

CONGRATS! I hope the rain clears, but I'll still take rain over all this snow and sub zero temps we have lately in the northeast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter