*** January 2019 Thread ***

Magic bands came Sat. and DS2 hid them in his closet. When DH was in our room last night (with the door closed cuz these fans they've got going to dry up the walls are loud!) he was able to give them to me. We opened them and put in the $100 Mickey/Minnie gift card, and the card that has park tickets on them. DS suggested putting a then and now picture of us in there so he knows it's for our anniversary trip. I'm going to try to print a copy at work and sneak it in tonight. Only 1 more day to keep the secret!

Finally made some plans last night! Just for our first day lol, when it's just DH and I we plan much less than when the kids come. So the 20th we arrive at 9:15 and will go to Epcot for the festival, then dinner at his favorite signature/my 2nd fave, Citricos at 6:45. There were actually plenty of FP's for TT, Soarin and FEA so I went with FEA since DH doesn't like Soarin, we rode last month with the kids, and we can both skip TT and be fine. The boys won't do FEA either so I can only ride when I'm with DH or friends anyway :)

After seeing some pictures people are posting this week on Reddit, I'm very glad we decided to go in January instead of late-December! My anxiety is triggered just looking at it!

u04vmvxdj5621.jpg

9m97ydttjx521.jpg

Hello my January family! I wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
merry christmas disney.jpg

I'm here about to give up on finding a better 'Ohana reservation for dinner on 1/27. I've looked every day this month and have alerts set up from Mouse Dining and Touring Plans. Currently we have one at 3:55pm and who eats dinner that early?!

Checking the weather every day for departure day, despite being too far out for any accuracy. Anyone else? :rotfl2: :figment:
Yes! I’m 25 days out and I keep looking at the weather like something is going to magically appear. I’m nervous about a snowstorm on the day we fly out. I’m even more nervous that Florida will be too cold to swim!! My kids would be bummed!

Hello my January family! I wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
I'm here about to give up on finding a better 'Ohana reservation for dinner on 1/27. I've looked every day this month and have alerts set up from Mouse Dining and Touring Plans. Currently we have one at 3:55pm and who eats dinner that early?!

While I realize it really isn't that optimal, eating a late breakfast then an early dinner followed by a snack/dessert someplace isn't that bad/hard to do at Disney at all.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all enjoyed it!
I finally got to surprise DH with the news that we're going to Disney for our anniversary! He was definitely not expecting it, but after all the mess going on with the house he said he's really looking forward to it. He wanted to know the basic plans but said he is more than happy just going with the flow. He liked the choice of resort too. We both got new really nice hoodies from his mom that I can't wait to wear on the trip. Now I gotta get to painting the magic bands!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Ok, the news is out! My kids loved their Christmas scavenger hunt reveal❤️. I’m so happy the secret is out! Phew..

Now..25 days till Disney! Woot!

I'm glad they had fun finding their Christmas surprise! I'm with you on the not having to keep a secret anymore.

Merry Christmas! Today marks 10 days till we leave! I got a new Fitbit to track steps and a bit of cash to push us to the final mark of our goal savings!

The Fitbit is definitely fun to use in Disney! The most I've done at WDW in one day since I got mine is over 22,000 but I'm sure others can do a lot more. Great job getting to your savings goal too- feels wonderful to have a trip paid for so you can just go and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter