• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Nothing for me! We are booked at POFQ 2/7-2/13 and was willing to move resorts, but nothing is a good enough deal to make it worthwhile. I can't find anything to save us money, and no deluxe deals that seem appealing enough. Oh well, looking forward to our first stay at POFQ!

HERE'S WHAT I JUST LEARNED!

When you call the WDW reservation line, say you want a NEW reservation, instead of modifying an existing one. When I called to modify, it said a 45 min wait. When I called for new, 2 minute wait.

While on hold, I used my mobile phone to call for a "new" reservation, and got right to a cast member. I took care of the whole call, and the first call was still on hold!

When you call the WDW reservation line, say you want a NEW reservation, instead of modifying an existing one. When I called to modify, it said a 45 min wait. When I called for new, 2 minute wait.

While on hold, I used my mobile phone to call for a "new" reservation, and got right to a cast member. I took care of the whole call, and the first call was still on hold!

FYI, I was told that the Fort Wilderness cabins are the same deal online as with the Visa discount.

I was just able to book AoA suites with the gift of magic discount. Ended up being 70.00 a night in savings...still more expensive then staying at WBC like we were planning but alot more convenient in terms of transportation and there's something magical about staying onsite.

I was originally hoping for 2 rooms at Pop but its showing absolutely no availability..I am going to keep checking periodically as I am at work as well.

I hope everyone is able to get the discount/room they want!!!

I'm super confused about what the better deal is for us. I've looked at Disney's website for the room only regular rates and it would be $1959 for 10 nights at Caribbean in January and for the same dates with the "20%" off room only it would be $1654. I don't know how Disney does their math but 20% off $1959 should be $1568 not $1654. Where does that extra $86 come from? I did them for the exact same dates for both of them.

I'm super confused about what the better deal is for us. I've looked at Disney's website for the room only regular rates and it would be $1959 for 10 nights at Caribbean in January and for the same dates with the "20%" off room only it would be $1654. I don't know how Disney does their math but 20% off $1959 should be $1568 not $1654. Where does that extra $86 come from? I did them for the exact same dates for both of them.

Most likely because the $1959 is for a standard room and the $1654 is 20% off a different room type like pool view, preferred, king etc. At least that's what I've been finding in all my searches (can't believe I've been at this for 2 hours)

I saved $42.30, but had to upgrade to a garden view at POR (which admittedly is an upgrade so it adds value and was less $$) whic his a savings of $7.05 a night. *shrug* nowhere near what i was hoping for. The discount we had last january was fantastic. I'm hoping they come out with a passholder discount that is better.

How? I called twice this morning and was told that Royals weren't included/or no availability for either offer. I have standard rate for this. Then I tried to just add TS dining to my existing ressie and again cant do it. I asked about the ticketless pkg and "Corbin" said it was annual passholders only. At work at the moment so will call AGAIN at lunch. Not holding out much hope by then.
My dates are 1/27-2/3. I just looked online, and SPD is still available for my dates for Garden View Royal rooms...

this is exactly what I did, but because that's how I thought i had to do it that way. LOL

The CM wasn't annoyed or anything, so I would do it that way for sure!

I just priced Saratoga Springs for four nights with a four day park hopper and it's $200 cheaper than booking it with the Family Gift of Magic. How does that work???

It's 230am here in Australia. Just booked part of a split stay for us. At this stage I have no idea if it's an actual deal ( but I need sleep), and I'll deal with that tomorrow.

Sunday 4th Feb - Thursday 8th Feb
Stay Play Dine
POR -Standard View
7 day hopper
$2200

Will look into booking the room only discount at AK for the rest of our stay. We currently have room only booked at POR Feb 4th - Feb 12th for $1950.

We have a reservation at POR for a garden view room 2/23/18 - 3/4/18. Only discount available was upgrade to water view with $110.00 savings. Would rather of had discount on garden view, being by pool that time of year is no big deal. Only other moderate resort discount for our stay was CBR, but with all of the construction our TA advises against it.

SPD is terrible for my situation. My room discount + tickets + *deluxe* dp a la carte is about the same price as same room with SPD with *regular* dp.

Last edited:
Temporarily booked at CSR for now. March 4-8 (didn't see a March thread?) Really wanted POR but it's more expensive to do 3 nights there than the 4 nights at CSR. I hope the construction isn't too bad.... Still need to call about visa discount after work to maybe swing POR after all. Either way I'm just excited to have a Disney trip in the books again :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter