• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Disney may have just lost money this year, I know they just did with me. I became a DVC a few years ago, but once every three years we take a trip that does not use points so we can take a bigger trip with all the family the next year. So in Jan was our off point vacation. Just my daughter and the new baby. We have always stayed at a deluxe hotel, at least for the past 10years. So I booked our jan, lowest price of the year at the poly and waited for the discount. Yesterday I called figuring I was going to save a lot, and I moved to the grand and saved $800, not bad but not what I wanted by any means, first I don't like the grand, second the savings which I thought would be closer to $1500 was mediocre. So I slept on it and weighed my options. This was to be a convenient for the 21 month old Tasmanian Devil we have, at the poly we would have the monorail and such. But as I talked to my daughter, things just sounded worse and worse, who knows if we can use to pool in the winter, not a huge bonus if it is to cold, plus the grand pool is nothing special like the poly pool. The food, yeah not happening at the grand when you have a Tasmanian devil, she won't sit still at a mcdonalds never mind to eat at one of the grands. The monorail is known not to run in the rain, so it may not even be an option for us. So DD say my best vacation of all times and the one I loved the most was at the POFQ try to get a room there, we will have a car so it won't be a problem for us.

So I just rebooked the vacation again, and now Disney owes me money because it is paid off, with just the deposits I originally made for a one night at the poly we have four nights times two at the POFQ, I had to originally book the poly in two different reservations to get what I wanted, so I kept it that way and we have the POFQ for four nights and then for four nights again. Total savings $3,594. No matter what we do, we can never spend that much with just two of us at Disney, so this deal that made everyone so frustrated that I assume Disney thought would make them money, has actually cost them money, at least for us because for the first time in 10 years we are going to moderate, and we will not be in any way be able to spend that amount of money in the parks.

I booked yesterday a room only at Pop with the gift of magic offer. I think it was $130/night (monday and tuesday of presidents weekend). So, I can't find any room only Visa offer - do I call Disney to try to get more off? I'm confused. LOL
Pop is not one of the 9 resorts offering additional Visa savings. The only two values on the list are Music & Sports.

As a reminder you can view the Disney Visa pricing at this link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/visa-room-booking/ (I'm not sure if this link was ever posted here, I posted it in the other Discounts thread I started yesterday)

2 Comments On This:
1) They are offering ADDITIONAL discounts over the Gift of Magic offer at these 9 resorts: Music, Sports, CBR, CSR, AKL, GF, Yacht, Old Key, Saratoga
2) Even if you are not at one of those 9 resorts they may have DIFFERENT room category and resort availability on the Visa Offer vs. gift of magic.

As a reminder you can view the Disney Visa pricing at this link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/visa-room-booking/ (I'm not sure if this link was ever posted here, I posted it in the other Discounts thread I started yesterday)

2 Comments On This:
1) They are offering ADDITIONAL discounts over the Gift of Magic offer at these 9 resorts: Music, Sports, CBR, CSR, AKL, GF, Yacht, Old Key, Saratoga
2) Even if you are not at one of those 9 resorts they may have DIFFERENT room category and resort availability on the Visa Offer vs. gift of magic.

Thank you so much for this link!!!

CAn anyone tell me, do the rates for disney visa holders usually mirror the rates for APH when the discounts come out? I'm at yacht club and carribean beach resort over a 14 day period, and each of those the visa rate is 10% better than the current rate. As a Canadian I cannot get a disney visa, but I've been thinking of getting an AP if the difference makes sense, and at 10% off of 4 rooms across those two resorts the savings would be an extra 680. Couple this with free memory maker and shopping discounts and it more than makes up for the annual pass.

I apologize if this was asked already, but there are so many posts to go through!

I booked a room at Pop for 2/21 - /2/26 a few weeks ago. At that time, It said there was no availability so I booked 2/20-2/26 but then was able to later edit the dates. I can't get any of the new discounts to show up as many have noted, but I just received a PIN code. The PIN code is doing the same thing, where it only shows availability for 2/20 - 2/26. With the extra night, this was still cheaper than before so I went ahead and booked it. If I try to go in and change the dates and won't give me the discounted price.

So...is this a glitch or just some weird algorithm for what's available with the discount? I would think the latter if it wasn't for the fact that I originally had the same issue when booking without a discount.

Edit: Oh and if I do online check in for 2/20 but don't actually show up until 2/21, will they know and/or care? I am not sure I can actually go a day earlier, but it saves money!

I switched from Beach Club to Yacht right before the promotions were released, assuming the discount would be greater for YC (as history has shown). I wanted BC, but am more interested in a. paying less and b. being in EPCOT area for the Princess Half. My assumption served me well this time, and the Gift of Magic room offer knocked almost $700 off of our package. Today I received a UOC. They've never worked out for me in the past, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to check it out. Glad I did...it knocked off another $200. I don't have a Disney Visa so those savings weren't an option for me. I've watched SPD and FD drop for the last several years and there is more and more frustration with the promos as the years go by. I will reiterate what others have said...the availability is constantly changing. The computer system will drive you mad if you let it. Just keep checking consistently if you can't find availability at the resort you want at the moment. Good luck to those still chasing the dream! ;)

CAn anyone tell me, do the rates for disney visa holders usually mirror the rates for APH when the discounts come out? I'm at yacht club and carribean beach resort over a 14 day period, and each of those the visa rate is 10% better than the current rate. As a Canadian I cannot get a disney visa, but I've been thinking of getting an AP if the difference makes sense, and at 10% off of 4 rooms across those two resorts the savings would be an extra 680. Couple this with free memory maker and shopping discounts and it more than makes up for the annual pass.
I would not assume the Visa discount would extend to annual pass. IT might, but there's also the risk that the availability on the annual pass discount doesn't include the right room category and dates for you. It would be a risk in my opinion...

It is always hard to tell for sure, but in general the discount is about 35% on a deluxe and 30% on a moderate for an annual discount. But you said four rooms across those two resorts, are you talking two rooms at one resort for 7 days, then two rooms at the other resort for 7 days, because an annual pass will only allow 3 rooms booked at a time, and for some unknown reason at WDW it has to be an adult pass, so if you need 4 hotel rooms at any one time you would need two passes. Hope that answers your question.

I just switched the reservation I made yesterday from Yacht to Boardwalk like I wanted. There's definitely still hope for those that are waiting for their preferred resort to open up.:thumbsup2

Hi, I have a couple of questions sorry I have never done this before and I have called twice from Australia and been on hold for over na hour each time!.

1>I changed my booking by phone yesterday. It's still not showing up in MDE and I have not received a confirmation email .. is this normal or is there a problem?

2. How do I make a split booking like you are all talking about, do I need to call and do it or can I do it on line (is it like making two bookings that I just join up on MDE)

Thanks!

I originally had booked at POR for 1/13 - 1/20 for standard view back in July anticipating the PSD. When I went online today right when the PSD was offered, I was not able to get anything better than a royal room -standard room. I saw your post and decided to play around a bit with the dates. I now get in a day early at POR (1/12-1/18) and end with two days at Beach Club (1/18-1/20) for same price as just staying at POR with PSD. I will have to pay out of pocket for extra day of dining but it's worth it for the amount Beach Club is offering their Gift of Magic room offer. Thanks!
I originally had booked at POR for 1/13 - 1/20 for standard view back in July anticipating the PSD. When I went online today right when the PSD was offered, I was not able to get anything better than a royal room -standard room. I saw your post and decided to play around a bit with the dates. I now get in a day early at POR (1/12-1/18) and end with two days at Beach Club (1/18-1/20) for same price as just staying at POR with PSD. I will have to pay out of pocket for extra day of dining but it's worth it for the amount Beach Club is offering their Gift of Magic room offer. Thanks!
We are similar POR 1/12-1/14 YC 1/14-1/21! Still trying to get that extra 10% disney visa applied to the YC portion of our stay! It still wasn't available this morning.

So for January after crunching the numbers I'm trying to decide between the following for me and my daughter:

Old Key West for 4 or 5 Nights

Contemporary for 4 Nights (This is the most expensive options)

Wilderness Lodge 4 or 5 Nights

Split visit option is

1 Night at Polynesian and the 3 or 4 nights at POFQ (least expensive option)

1 or 2 Nights at Pop and 3 Nights at Contemporary

The Old Key West is the next to least expensive option to the Poly/POFQ split but by 10 or 20 dollars and the Pop/Contemporary split is only a little more then both of those by about a $100.

I've never stayed at any of these so no clue what to choose..
I'd do
Wilderness Lodge. I've visited it, but always wanted to stay there. Such a lovely resort. Next pick would be contemporary/pop.

We are similar POR 1/12-1/14 YC 1/14-1/21! Still trying to get that extra 10% disney visa applied to the YC portion of our stay! It still wasn't available this morning.
I actually just switched us over from Beach Club to Yacht Club this afternoon, for our last two nights. Saved $63 and upgraded to a garden view. Good luck! I was able to get it online but I see it's been taken off again.

I actually just switched us over from Beach Club to Yacht Club this afternoon, for our last two nights. Saved $63 and upgraded to a garden view. Good luck! I was able to get it online but I see it's been taken off again.
We are garden view as well! Did you get the additional disney visa discount online?

Playing around online and seeing that I could upgrade from POP to AKL for $700. This is a lot but do able. I'm wondering opinions on who would do this for a first and maybe only trip.

Playing around online and seeing that I could upgrade from POP to AKL for $700. This is a lot but do able. I'm wondering opinions on who would do this for a first and maybe only trip.
If it is doable and likely your only trip, then I say go for it! We stayed there one trip and loved it. It is a beautiful resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter