Jaws closing for good on Jan 2

100% BS!!! Get rid of Twister already! Nothing like giving a sufficient notice Universal. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::headache::headache:

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
Just saw this posted on Universal's facebook page. :(

https://www.facebook.com/UniversalOrlandoResort

That stinks, my entire family loves Jaws, it's so much fun. Anyone know what the new attraction is going be?

The biggest rumors were surrounding removing Jaws and Amity to add...the other part of the Wizarding World...like the train station, etc...then you could take an ACTUAL "Hogwarts Express" train ride over to IOA.

The biggest rumors were surrounding removing Jaws and Amity to add...the other part of the Wizarding World...like the train station, etc...then you could take an ACTUAL "Hogwarts Express" train ride over to IOA.

Highly unlikely because HP is in IOA...although it would be very cool!

Get rid of Fear Factor! I mean really Jaws over Fear Factor or even Twister? UGH!:sad2:

100% BS!!! Get rid of Twister already! Nothing like giving a sufficient notice Universal. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::headache::headache:

I'm most upset that I won't have the opportunity to ride one last time. I agree a bit more notice would have been nice.

Highly unlikely because HP is in IOA...although it would be very cool!

Yes, I agreed at first when I heard of this rumor a few months ago...but now that this has been announced...it must be something big, because that takes up a lot of land.

There's also rumors that Fear Factor is also going to be removed (no loss there)

I am actually gutted... no. Gutted is an understatement.

Unless they build something ASTOUNDING, I don't think I have a reason to go back to Universal Studios next time I go to Florida.

:sad2:

Tomorrow will be my last ride on JAWS. R.I.P. Now I highly doubt it will be a train ride to IOA, as Jaws and WWOHP are VERY far apart. That whole back area is for Cast Members. JAWS and AMITY are about the size of 2 lands. This means something big will come, and it won't be Transformers, as Universal says NEW. For all it's worth, I'm hoping for a World Expo Fox Animation DOmination expansion or a Nintendo land.

This makes me so sad! The only reason we go to Universal is to ride Jaws! I hope they have amazing plans because right now I am not happy.

We were supposed to be down there this weekend for our anniversary but I hurt my back and can't walk. Now I'm really bummed we had to cancel our trip. We won't be able to get down there again before it closes and DH really liked that area. I wonder if they're going to close the games area as well or just that one little section.

Also, any word on how we can get around construction when Jaws closes?

Good Question...the attraction itself is easy enough for them to clear, but the rest of Amity....Maybe they'll put a bridge over the lagoon toward the Simpsons?

Wow. Universal is going to have a lot of unhappy people over this one.

This is worse than Disney closing Mr. Toads Wild Ride.

Way overdue. They should get rid of Disaster and Fear Factor and remake that entire side of the park.

I don't think there's a chance in the world that you'll see Potter in the Jaws zone, though -- way too impractical, especially when you consider that have plenty of room to expand it right there at IOA, both by ditching the Lost World and by rearranging the backstage space.

Spielberg said earlier this year that Universal Orlando would get Transformers -- so that'll be my guess for Jaws.

NOOOOOOOOO...I am going down for the 1st time the end of JAN and this was the ONE ride at US I was looking forward to..I am so beyond verklempt right now..:sad1:

Guessing it's Transformers. Really bad decision though, Jaws is a CLASSIC, Universal are getting a reputation for tearing out classics to make way for new attractions now, ther's a big plot of land behind Simpsons why not just use that and add to the parks attraction count!

This is just one of the things that stops them from seriously competing with Disney, the lack of consistent classic attractions that remain, from opening day to now; attractions that visitors remember on their first time, and then re-live when taking their children and grandchildren in the future. Uni execs are dumb.

I am so upset about this news. I got engaged on that ride (as an homage to Mallrats, for those of you who have seen the film), and like the others have said think it is incredibly disappointing that they are only giving one month notice. I think there are plenty of people who would have made a trip to Universal in order to ride Jaws one last time, but not when it's such an expensive time of the year to travel and money is tight for many with the holidays. Poor planning Universal.

I am really bummed about this too. I was there for the final day of Kong, and it was so bittersweet. My DH stated that Jaws is the most expensive ride they have to maintain, so its not surprising to see it going.

I also do not think it will have anything to do with Potter. I am thinking Transformers.

I want to hear what's planned as a replacement before I render judgement. Jaws was fun but I'm not going to up in arms about it closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter