Jay Flight now departing---this is your Captain...

Add me to the list of folks saying thank you for the trip report and the pictures, 4077.

ED

PS - now if we could only get you to break off from the family unit and head over to the Fort for some pix and reporting :scratchin

Went to BLT today to check out the model rooms (haven’t stayed at that DVC yet) and saw the rental (not charter fishing) pontoon boats lined up on dock, but rental office not yet open, BLT DVC guide said they have been told re-opening but no date.

6A9B0E3B-17BC-4CC6-B5CD-35CE1301E5F2.jpeg

Today is relax at pool day…

8314DD37-93B1-463E-9B5E-B7298CCF832F.jpeg

Many furloughed CM’s have/had taken on other self employment type jobs during this whole thing…many were on a Facebook group called “Ear for each other”. Some people were doing airport runs, others, like one lady calling herself/business Blondie Bar was making huge cookies of her own! Found out about her, saw a lot of rave reviews. We communicated with her and she was very good at explaining about how she delivers to all resorts, options, etc. We ordered 7 cookies for $35. Paid with Venmo. She delivered to desk and when we got home yesterday, these were in our room. BETTER than Gideon’s IMO. We ordered Sunday, I think… a few days lead time is preferable, but I think she said she could do within 24 hours IF absolutely necessary. Anyway, I would get these again (and again and again….). We have all ready been enjoying as you see…

C5F4B4CC-1FE7-41E1-84A5-2A0E81C941A6.jpeg

Okay guys… got the whole fam headed to FW… gonna take bus to the back and ride boat to MK and back. Will get some pics and intel while there….

So we drove over to Fort and parked… overflow lot was quite empty today…

707E6C3B-300F-4A2E-A03D-4CD36DE3D5E6.jpeg

D798B45F-8066-4A0B-9A58-86CEEED05BD4.jpeg
Past the stables to the busses

FF93152A-60BC-4355-9329-FF2A9A513938.jpeg

…and rode up to the Settlement

880586E6-6096-4185-AE5A-B9CE552158FE.jpeg

0671CDB8-CA76-4E09-AF04-CFF45B918445.jpeg

Saw this Musket Mickey dressed golf cart.. the coon skin hat had a tail hanging down behind the roof..

58E55200-37E8-476F-9D6A-E5EF8365FDD6.jpeg

Deer in the same golf cart lot as Mickey..
C651CC6B-E65D-420F-9790-D6330454F956.jpeg

Hopped on the boat to MK. Pic of the lovely River Country and the Contemporary…

91859F80-F17B-424E-BBCD-2631FCED9B11.jpeg

C1892953-BDD2-4CA4-908B-319BCEE17186.jpeg

continuing next post…

On the boat as we begin our return from the MK dock area..
FB250572-7892-405F-A09F-E37B00AAEA39.jpeg

“Kickin’ it” on the Fort boat? (yes? no? … ok not quite the same) My younger son was giving my leg pic a hard time… said he was going to name this hairy leg sailer.
433682BF-F2DF-477F-8204-FD8BA9BE22BD.jpeg

When we got back, that young son did take pic with me
D110CA58-1B09-49D8-9AE3-E167CD3F887E.jpeg

…and Mr. naming me hairy leg also wanted this pic silly…(I must say I am quite disturbed by my facial expression in this)
001C3A80-2F1D-43DB-B336-40FDA500B079.jpeg

Found one of the rockers empty upon our return, so got the official correct pic (which I will post over there later)

D6CFC763-65B8-454F-A4F2-D6165C6697A8.jpeg

Few empty sites in 100 loop (I think one of these is the one Ed was in few years ago.. backed up to walkway to Settlement)
673418D8-B187-4611-82AB-75AD536D0F52.jpeg

After that we bussed back up front and went off to dinner. Wasn’t too busy in Settlement area during our visit. Store up there only open 11-5, so didn’t get in to see what was new. Only charter/CM patrol boats parked at Marina. Few parties waiting outside for TE as we left the area around 6:30. Was a nice visit. Will tell story about our boat ride another post sometime. Need to get to bed. Older son’s 15 birthday tomorrow. His choice for the day was Hollywood Studios, hop to EPCOT and the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream… not eating much tomorrow before that!

This morning we got up for our second Studios day in time to try for another ROTR boarding group.. got 14!!! However, ON the ride today, we broke down 3 times!! 😫

We spent a few hours between 2 down times waiting for it to come back online and then used our “recovery” fastpass to try again. That was actually cool as you skipped the boarding group return line and went through a queue directly to the preshow entrance. However, after our third mid ride breakdown we gave up and used the “recovery” fastpass on another ride on the Runaway Railway before we hop to EPCOT.

Good news is at least we got the entire ride in on our first Studios day… feel bad for those who are trying today.

So we drove over to Fort and parked… overflow lot was quite empty today…

Wow! All we had to do was to ASK? Awesome!

“Kickin’ it” on the Fort boat? (yes? no? … ok not quite the same) My younger son was giving my leg pic a hard time… said he was going to name this hairy leg sailer.
433682BF-F2DF-477F-8204-FD8BA9BE22BD.jpeg

Uhhh ..... big NOPE on a boat kickin' it qualifying for the OFFICIAL Kickin It thread in my book, 4077. :sad2: But my opinion is worth what you paid for it.

And remind DS#2 that since he's got your genes (he ate the foot long with no problem like his dad later did), his legs will prolly be like yours when he is 40 or so.

You are certainly getting around lots of parks and places on this stay.

Ed

Last edited:
I could never bring myself/us'ns to do a Kitchen Sink, 4077.

We were at Beaches & Cream back in October 2020.

I got the Reuben Sandwich as I often do.

For your family's stamina and appetite to be able eat a big dessert, I salute you.

giphy.gif

The ability of your boys to eat (and I assume they did most of the work on the Sink) is aMAZing. :banana:

Ed

PS - if you think I'm replying too often to your TR posts, PM me and I'll shut up.....

Oh and your older DS is turning 15yo IIRC?

He's gonna be getting his Learner's Permit Driver License soon. One night the phone will ring ....

We've all been there.

Many of us have been through it. We'll be here for you. :grouphug:

It's your turn in the barrel. They're only young once.

ED

PS - it will be a multi-year period for him and then his Dear Brother will follow behind. I've been there and got the scars to show for it...

PS - and insurance bills. My home/car insurance agent happens to be an SEC official for Saturday football games (the white hat but he can't do Bama games since that's where he went to school) and he sent his kids to Vanderbilt (they're about the same age but Vandy is a private screwel with an expensive tuition).

He was always happy to take my calls for some reason .... :scratchin :confused3 There was LOTS of calls at odd hours over the years ....

Last edited:
PS - if you think I'm replying too often to your TR posts, PM me and I'll shut up.....

Never never never something i would think!!! I’m glad to be worthy of replies 👍

…and I LOVE the bit of color and such that it adds to the whole thing (ie: your last 2 posts).

There was LOTS of calls at odd hours over the years ....

Oh boy…. 😐😦

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter