• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jay Flight now departing---this is your Captain...

I think they missed out on a great casting opportunity, no?

View attachment 595383

Clearly, 4077, you're the body double for the lead guy Whathizname on the closeups! :scratchin

I've been meaning to see that movie .....

.... on Super Savings Seniors Tuesday at our local theater. :rotfl:

I don't want long soliloquys, character expositions, or plots twists - I just want to be entertained for a few hours.

Hope the weather is cooperating for you during your stay.

Ed

PS - no superheros or cartoon characters or comic book action figures either (unless their human names are Clark Kent or Peter Parker).

Ahh the good ole days of using the entire queue line with no fast passes.. (I would have been really impressed if we had used the original entrance right by the bridge).

D9B99429-743A-469B-903B-7A4BB443C4D2.jpeg

88900CC1-3C69-4E9C-8590-A5BB78ACA832.jpeg

For posterity…

6AC593AB-2B2F-49E6-B925-4696D7400D5A.jpeg

22DF4A2F-6B51-4FCB-961C-004039A2B757.jpeg

Also, all the people who made a DIS career of hating on fast pass+, I think they be like:

I guess (excepting the masks) I’ll call this the OG experience…. Now, where did I put my flash cubes to get more pics of this inside?

As a matter of interest….

At 11:13 AM, we have completed all the mountains. Park opening 9 AM…off of Space Mountain at 9:27.. Slash Mountain 45 minutes as shown… Thunder Mountain showed 30 mins but we did in less than that.

But, we are lucky we picked Splash first because as we just passed by after exiting Thunder, saw logs standing still at bottom of main drop and heard announcements that they are coming to get guests off the ride .

Ah, 4077, the good old days when there was no FP+ or paper FP.... :cloud9:

I get a little nostalgic about paper A-E tickets for the rides to but that would make me the old guy saying "get off my lawn".

Sounds like a great day! Eat a foot long hot dog at Casey's on Main Street for me.

Ed

Taking our early evening pounding… lots of HUGE simultaneous lightning/thunder as it strikes right here around TTC…not walking to car in this for a bit!!

A6621FB6-DD9B-47F9-90AA-2D73BEE23AC6.jpeg

Great Day = Yes it is!

As to point 2… it isn’t me ( it’s my youngest, Andrew (11)…) and it isn’t Casey’s… however, no too long ago at Cosmic Rays….

View attachment 595664

I bet it's the same dog as the one at Casey's. ::yes::

Am I not seeing something, or did someone forget to Plastic Cheese on that Dog.

Chili AND cheese would be what I would try for, Mike. (order chili dog -if you can - at the counter and see if I could add the plastic cheese at the condiments bar). The kid is too young to be worried yet about his cholesterol at his age. And look it his dad's genes fer cryin' out loud! Fast metabolism.

Taking our early evening pounding… lots of HUGE simultaneous lightning/thunder as it strikes right here around TTC…not walking to car in this for a bit!!

View attachment 595723

I sat in Cosmic Ray's on a trip once to wait out a storm. We had stopped in for a late lunch and I checked the weather radar while in line. (It was comin' our way). I dispatched DW and kids to grab a table to sit at and while I was condimenting our meals (the others holding our seats), the bottom fell out. So I know what you're doing, 4077.

Ed

PS - the rain sent everybody scurrying for the exits though so we had a nearly empty park to ourselves after waiting for the system to move through. Nice memory.

PPS - after you get back to the Villa at BW, 4077, the Speedway gas station over across the road is a nice stop for more affordable drinks (bottled water, coke 8-packs, and adult beverages). DD always gassed up there while she worked her semester in college program since it close to where she was assigned at BW. It's my go-to if I want something but don't want to go all the way off-property to a real grocery store. Better than the resort gift shop/trading post prices. ::yes:: The loser at our Fantasia Gardens (nearby) putt-putt do-or-die competitions had to buy the beer at the Speedway for the winners (extended family trips). I bought at least once. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Clearly, 4077, you're the body double for the lead guy Whathizname on the closeups! :scratchin

I've been meaning to see that movie .....

.... on Super Savings Seniors Tuesday at our local theater. :rotfl:

I don't want long soliloquys, character expositions, or plots twists - I just want to be entertained for a few hours.

Hope the weather is cooperating for you during your stay.

Ed

PS - no superheros or cartoon characters or comic book action figures either (unless their human names are Clark Kent or Peter Parker).

Only Marvel character is Spider Man!? I knew something was off, and there it is. :rotfl2:

Jungle Cruise is pretty good, not great, but is entertaining for sure.

Jimmy, I think you would give Dwayne a run for his money.

Only Marvel character is Spider Man!? I knew something was off, and there it is. :rotfl2:

Youngsters :sad2:

Jimmy, if I may .... (I need to take care of something) ....

There are only three real super heroes in our world.

One

Supermanflying.png

Two

Magnets-Spiderman-Spider-Man-Character-Magnet-l.jpg

Three

02a9446d-4735-448b-bc5f-18e19b474733-XXX_D01_MAD_ALFRED_18.JPG

It should all be self-explanatory.

Back to 4077 ....

When are you heading out for home? Gonna visit the family down Tampa way (IIRC)? Elementary schools are cranking up this coming week in our school system.

Ed

Ok a bunch to take care of…

PPS - after you get back to the Villa at BW, 4077, the Speedway gas station over across the road is a nice stop for more

We make this comment each trip down as we pass this speedway. As we drove, we brought a lot of this stuff and picked up rest at late night Wally World run first night.

Jimmy, if I may .... (I need to take care of something) ....

Never bothered by anyone using thread for other bits of business…

As a further explanation of yesterday …. Storms were getting going as we left MK yesterday… I stayed behind at TTC myself to wait to go to car while wife and boys hopped on to EPCOT line and headed over there. When they got over there the rain was still light so they did Spaceship Earth and then headed to the land where they hopped on Soarin’ and the Living with the Land. Once I was able to get to car, drove back to BW and then walked to EPCOT to meet family. Had meal at Sunshine Season’s before wife walked back to resort with headache. Boys and I did Soarin’ and Spaceship (again for them) and boat in Mexico. Finished up with EPCOT Forever fireworks, which we liked. Bought wife a sweet almond kringle at Norway to bring back to her since she had to duck out (one of her favorites in the park).

Quick interlude… we are in line for TSMM as I write this.. here is just before we go inside:
3D906E1B-84B4-4E21-A747-D1E70377AF48.jpeg

FC8C1A6F-141D-4FF1-8880-F49D40C45615.jpeg

.,…annnd I just lost to my wife

160,000 to 159,900 😩

When are you heading out for home? Gonna visit the family down Tampa way (IIRC)?

No trip down to folks this week (which is why we want for week in April). We are leaving for home upcoming Saturday morning. Lot’s to do before that! School starts Sept. 1st for us.

Waiting 70 min line for Mickey’s Runaway now… glad it’s not to busy today 😵‍💫 lol

337DA235-8632-4032-B6D8-6D2120732A1B.jpeg
29B81EE5-C9E4-4D40-BE11-CD0D9E64CD63.jpeg

29B81EE5-C9E4-4D40-BE11-CD0D9E64CD63.jpeg

Fortunately this line (with all it’s “outside edge” access is conducive to letting boys hang out in a shady corner until the last minute for a large portion of the outside area:

D0E38645-94FC-446E-BD70-FF64C4D203B0.jpeg

I’m not AS.much of a Trekkie as I used to be (although I still watch Next Generation, DS9, and Voyager in a continuous loop for my daily elliptical… looking forward to catching Picard for first time after all of season 2 is out)… anyway, I liked these guys a lot, too, so had to get this as we stepped through the entrance in the queue:

A52C03E2-469E-404E-B23E-08791C9C237C.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter