Jedi Training During the Most Crowded Time - Advice Needed

For those who have done it before, how many kids do you figure are allowed in one time slot? 15? 20?
Closer to 30 because one group trains against Vader and the group on the ground trains against Kylo.

Also, during Christmas and Easter weeks, there are more sessions. During the regular “season” there are 15 sessions per day; busy season has 18.

I believe there are 30 kids per show. We prefer to go as early in the day as possible. My kids did it in November 2016, at 9:40AM and it was already quite warm on the stage. Can't imagine what it's like for the kids in the mid-day heat of summer! Also, my kids would have been devastated if our show was cancelled due to bad weather. It was our top priority though - it would have trumped any attraction/FP+ we wanted to do there. If other rides/shows are more important, prioritize accordingly.

We did it last year, I highly recommend doing the breakfast ADR, even if one person has to bolt early. We had a 8am ADR, my husband ate and left... went and got our daughter’s spot while we ate, met the characters, and paid.

With an ADR between 8:00 - 9:00a, guests can enter at 8:00 and sign-up for JTA before they check-in at H&V.

One adult can check-in st H&V while one adult + Jedi kids go sign up. H&V will seat the family when the complete group is ready.

I'm a bit confused...what time does Jedi Training up start? Some have mentioned they have signed up "before" their PPO ADR. I would think it would have to be "after" when park opens. Right?

I have a PPO at H&V at 8:30am. I assumed we would have to eat quickly then high tail it to Jedi Sign up for 9am when the park opens that day. Is it possible that we could sign up before breakfast? That would be awesome if we could.

I'm a bit confused...what time does Jedi Training up start? Some have mentioned they have signed up "before" their PPO ADR. I would think it would have to be "after" when park opens. Right?

I have a PPO at H&V at 8:30am. I assumed we would have to eat quickly then high tail it to Jedi Sign up for 9am when the park opens that day. Is it possible that we could sign up before breakfast? That would be awesome if we could.
You can enter DHS at 8:00a, head to JTA sign-ups, and then go to H&V.

That’s why a PPO ADR at Hollywood and Vine is highly advised...JTA operation CMs will sign up your child before you eat breakfast at H&V.

**See Post#3 of this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/j...ded-time-advice-needed.3662917/#post-58785200

We did it last year, I highly recommend doing the breakfast ADR, even if one person has to bolt early. We had a 8am ADR, my husband ate and left... went and got our daughter’s spot while we ate, met the characters, and paid.
Your daughter must’ve went too. The kids have to be there for sign up.

We have an 8:05am reservation but it’s also an Emh day so park opens at 8... will they hopefully let us in before rd?
They should. A CM will be at the far left touchpoint with the ADR list.

Have one adult check-in at H&V and one take the child to JTA Sign ups. It doesn’t matter if you are a couple of minutes late for H&V because at that time of day, they are seating guests in areas that will optimize the character rotations and greetings.

Your daughter must’ve went too. The kids have to be there for sign up.
Actually, now that I think about it he went and got in line... we were actually done eating before he got up there to sign her in... He texted me about it as we were checking out, I had completely forgotten! It’s been over a year and a half at this point

Has anyone booked an ADR just to get to the JTA early and just paid the $10 for the no-show at the restaurant? Family is on the dining plan and really don't want to use a credit for a character breakfast that my kids are too old for? Also examining every option.

Has anyone booked an ADR just to get to the JTA early and just paid the $10 for the no-show at the restaurant? Family is on the dining plan and really don't want to use a credit for a character breakfast that my kids are too old for? Also examining every option.

That’s certainly an option but I wouldn’t bother (or pay $50 for my family to do it). If you arrive at the park early enough for a PPO ADR, you’ve arrived early enough to be one of the first 50 groups to sign up. Unless you want the first show, I dont think it’s necessary if you don’t want to eat. What would you do for the rest of the time before RD?

That’s certainly an option but I wouldn’t bother (or pay $50 for my family to do it). If you arrive at the park early enough for a PPO ADR, you’ve arrived early enough to be one of the first 50 groups to sign up. Unless you want the first show, I dont think it’s necessary if you don’t want to eat. What would you do for the rest of the time before RD?
It would just be me and my kid and we are going during one of the most busy times of the year. It’s his last chance to do this. Last time we went they had it shut down. Just want to make sure this happens for him.

Just get there 'early' and you will be fine.

Last trip was week before Easter. We are early birds and arrive everywhere early. We planned to be at HS an hour before posted opening (but got there even earlier, 7:45). We were first in line, besides the PPO crowd. Park opened early, 8:45 and we headed straight to sign ups and were one of the first four families to sign up. Got our preferred show time. Then we were able to head over to where they were holding the crowds for the rest of the park to open. Managed to get on TSMM before 9am. It was DS's (5 at the time) first time and DD's (11 at the time) last time doing the training.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter