Jen's Journal.....Baby Steps to a new me

Hi Jen,
Sounds like your body needed the rest. Maybe it knows its heading to WDW in ONE WEEK!!!!!! Have fun and take care of your leg:)

Sundie

thank you guys so much for everything--this week i have been very blah about everything..i just keep feeling like im never going to lose weight, like i should just quit...but then i come on here, and you guys keep me going -i know it sounds weird, but it really means alot to me..thanks guys and happy new year!

Hi Jen!
I just read your journal. We are going to be in WDW at the same time!! Take care of your leg -- there's LOTS of walking to do! It sounds like those Curves workout are working for you! Good for you, for sticking with them, but remember to listen to your body's signals and rest when it needs rest.

Happy New Year!

hi terry--thanks so much for your post! happy new year to you too!! i think that was the thing- i may have been overdoing it a bit and needed to rest!
if you see me in "the world" come say hi! i ll have a mini purple backpack with a big DIS pin!

another day without curves..buti walked alot in the mall--does that count?! hehe...ill just watch what i eat and back to curves monday!

well another day without curves...and i just woke up!im glad that tomororw i can go back to curves for a week before vacation--try to weigh myself on friday and see how bad the "damage" is after vacation!

Hi Jen!

I most definitely say that mall walking is exercise!!! That's what I did today so I am right there with you. ::yes::

I know you said that you are going to Curves tomorrow. Please take good care of that leg! Before you know it, you will be in WDW and you don't want a sore leg to keep you from having a good time. (That's my mom voice talking. :) )

Have a great day tomorrow, Jen!

Tracy :wave:

Tracy--im gonna take it easy this week at curves..im just trying to lose these darn 2 lbs so i can get to 145...what a pain!! it doesnt help to havea brother that can eat everything in sight and still stay so skinny!
have a good day too!!!

just got back from curves--i took it easy, but i did use my leg and did the lower body machines as well--doesnt hurt too bad, just a bit, so not bad....gonna go again a few times this week just to see how i weigh in on friday too....now off to start packing!!

Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work at curves! But, be careful with that leg. I know you don't want to be hobbling around down at WDW! :-)

Take care, I gotta go take the dog for a walk now!

Hope the packing is going well... I gotta dig out the luggage too, soon!

Hey Jen!

You have a brother like that too, huh? My brother can eat just about anything and not gain an ounce! Why does he get the great metabolism???? :confused3

I'm glad that you were able to get your workout in. Please be careful with your leg, though. :hug:

That's cool that we'll probably be in WDW at the same time! I am looking forward to this trip! (Then again... I look forward to all of my WDW trips. :teeth: )

Have a great evening, Jen!

Tracy :wave:

Hi Jen,
Glad to hear Curves is working for your leg. Still watch it closely, though.
Off to pack, ahhhh I am envious! I don't have a trip planned this year :( Hopefully 2006!

Sundie

Did you finish packing?? I am still in the 'make a pile on the floor' stage! I hope I don't forget anything!!! It is getting cold here again so I am REALLY looking forward to our trip!

Watch out for your leg! If it isn't better after the trip, will you please get it checked by a doctor? Please?

thanks guys! i was so excited to see all these replies!--i took it easy today..and my leg is feeling pretty good

Jaynee--how is your leg doing? are you taking it easy?

Tracy--get packing!! i got most of my stuff together today!good luck in the marathon! i hope i see you

sundie--im being very careful-promise!

jen--hey!! how is your day going? i know you have a good plan!

and yes--if it hurts after disney, i promsie ill get it checked

Hi Jen,
I just read your journal and I think it's great that you are taking care of yourself at such a young age. I think schools are starting to promote healthy lifestyles. When we did the college tours with DS (he's 18, a senior) I was impressed with the health club facilities for the students. What a great way to fight the "freshman fifteen". When I was in college, gyms were dark, smelly places full of grunting guys...uggh!

One suggestion..maybe try Curves every other day until your leg fully heals. I know that's how I always suffer injuries; when I try to work out every day. My muscles need that break. When you are in better shape after 3-6 months of regular exercising, then you can go 4-6 days a week. Or if you do Curves one day, the next day do some ab work since that can be done every day.

Have a wonderful time at Disney. My trip is in a few months and I want to be at goal!
Jean :flower1:

Hi Jean---it was kind of funny, right before i came online, i said i wasnt going to go to curves today and take a rest--good timing :) i figured im not gonna kill my self before the disney trip.i would love to be at goal by the time my may trip comes! but who knows..when are you going?

dont ya love the college tours? i am sooo glad those days are over! the main thing i learned with the health clubs at school ( i dont live on campus, but i can see this) the freshmen tend not to go...i dont know why..but i rarely see freshmen in there--so tell your son make sure he goes..you guys pay for it in tuition anywas!!
thanks for you reply!

Hey Jen! Good job giving yourself the rest. You want to be feeling fine for WDW at the end of the week!! :cool1:

Make sure you watch what you eat and if you can get used to not eating after 7 or 8 PM, that would be a huge help too!! :Pinkbounc

Have a great day!

TTFN-
Sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter