John and Jessica's Wedding - - June 2010 SBP

Boston Disney Bride

DIS Veteran
This is us, he is 29 and I just turned 25.

So I got engaged on Sept. 18, 2009. He proposed to me while we were laying in bed. But here's the back story. He went to NYC to pick up my ring from a jeweler his parents use...his plan was to do it a week from the day he picked it up. He was building a website that would say "Will you marry me" when I visited the site. We always look for cheap vacations on our computers, so on that night he was going to tell me to visit a certain website because it had a good vacation deal, but really it was going to say will you marry me and he was going to be on one knee when I looked up...cute, right. Anyways, he couldn't even wait 1 day, while we were getting ready to fall asleep he got all excited and just turned to me and asked...but I loved the way he did it, it's so typical us to not be able to surprise eachother :love: This is a picture of my ring.

Anyways, after much flip flopping on what we wanted to do for our wedding, we finally decided to do an Escape Disney Wedding!! Ahh, I get excited just saying that :bride: Sometimes I have to pinch myself because it seems so unreal that I am actually planning my DREAM wedding.:littleangel:

I have put in the first call to Disney Wedding team and am waiting to hear back from them..if they don't hurry up and call I'm going to jump out of my skin with anticipation! I really want to secure my date that I want (june 2010) by the end of this week! I've got some ideas from people for Save the Dates but if anyone has any pictures please post and give me more! LOL

I cannot wait to update everyone on my day to day planning :rotfl:

Congratulations and welcome! Sounds like your fiance can keep a surprise for just about as long as I can . . . :rotfl:

Hope you have a great time planning your wedding. I can't wait to see the details you choose!

Here is a thread, in case you haven't seen it that says "Invitations", but it also has a lot of Save the Dates as well:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868496

Hope this helps!

YAY!!!!!! So today I got my date confirmed!! We are set to go on June 9, 2010 at 10A. I'm so excited!!! We also booked our room..we are staying in Animal Kingdom savannah view for 7 nights!! :lovestruc:love:

How exciting!! :banana:

Can't wait to hear about everything!!

Congrats! Have you decided on the ceremony location, yet?

I'm excited to hear more from you! I'm an escape bride, too! April 2010 10AM at SBP! :woohoo:

Congrats and welcome to the planning boards! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to hearing all of your plans! :goodvibes

So today I went home to MA and went shopping for my wedding gown with my Mom and sister(MOH). I liked one, but did not buy any today...but it got me to thinking about how the heck I was going to get my dress down there without it getting completely wrinkled/ruined/lost? I was wondering if any of you have any advice on what to do..and how much it would cost to ship it down there. Also, did any of you use Mens Warehouse in Orlando for the Tux's?? Did anyone use Carolyn Allen's? I am trying to decide what to do about this to..I need ALOT of help please! I'm stressing out over the details.

Also, we looked through the list of officiants Disney sent us and were interested in Rev. Randall and Rev. Tim Herring. Has anyone ever used either and what did you think/hear about them??

Thanks!!!

Brides have shipped their dresses to Carolyn Allen's before and had them steam it. Both they and Mens Warehouse have been used by DIS brides and i've not heard any complaints.

We chose our officiant today! We went with Rev. Tim Herring. We are so psyched about him because he just gave me and DF a great vibe:)

I also chose the colors of our wedding. The girls will be in this brown dress and carry pink flowers. I am choosing to use fake flowers and make the bridesmaid bouquets myself.

The groom and the fathers will be in a khaki tux. They will have pink flower boutonniere.

Now for my hair. I have gone back and forth about whether I want it up, down or half up. Let me know what you think about my pics.

Congrats on getting your date! I like a lot of those hair styles but for some reason I really like the one that looks like it is half up, it is the one before the one with the bun and pink flowers, sorry kinda confusing haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter