Jon Favreau set to direct live action Lion King

My worry is there won't be much of the original music in the movie. Jungle book wasn't the musical like the original. Lion king has some fantastic music and if they cut that out I won't be happy. It is also my favorite Disney movie.

Also, go see Petes Dragon or rent it, it was great in my opinion and didn't follow the original story line to give it a new spin.
I wonder if they will include some of new music that was written for the Broadway musical? I also wonder the same thing about the Beauty & the Beast remake. Disney added additional music to each in order to extend the length of the plays.

I'm with you on this one. The Lion King is one of my favorite Disney "new age" (post Walt) animated movies. I hate that's its being remade into a "live action" film. I guess as a Disney shareholder, I should be thrilled, but I'm not!

I'm with ya rteetz. Come up with something new. Just as I was venting in the GotG thread. Keep Marvel out of my parks! It's not Disney! (It is but it isn't.) Maybe in HS but that's it. Disney Imagination and Imagneering are dying a slow death. Disney doesn't do much inventing anymore. They buy and remake. And I understand why. It's all about the bottom line.

I'm with ya rteetz. Come up with something new. Just as I was venting in the GotG thread. Keep Marvel out of my parks! It's not Disney! (It is but it isn't.) Maybe in HS but that's it. Disney Imagination and Imagneering are dying a slow death. Disney doesn't do much inventing anymore. They buy and remake. And I understand why. It's all about the bottom line.
I wouldn't say imagineering is dying it's just they can't be imaginative if the executives won't let them. I can guarantee you that there are plenty of imagineers who would love to do new things and original things but they can't.

They are still doing original things and ideas (mystic manor, roaring rapids, Hong Kong's thunder mountain) but everything original has been outside America. Imagineering is perfectly fine if you ask me. Just that us Americans don't see it

They are still doing original things and ideas (mystic manor, roaring rapids, Hong Kong's thunder mountain) but everything original has been outside America. Imagineering is perfectly fine if you ask me. Just that us Americans don't see it
That's because those outside parks aren't fully paid for by Disney so it makes risks easier to swallow.

lion king being live action is like a fish out of water the cartoon one is easy to say the dad died this one through dude it is going to be like an animal plant show gone wrong jungle book darker then needed this is not going to end well.

If I'd heard this a year ago before Jungle Book came out, I'd have thought the same thing I thought about the JB remake... Oh no, they're going to ruin this!
But Jungle Book truly blew me away in the way I imagine Snow White amazed audiences when it came out. So I'm cautiously optimistic about the new Lion King. But then I also think the original Lion King has too many songs.

After walking around and thinking about my feelings and all that crap here is what my mind came up with:
1. How can this be a live action remake if they use the same production process of the jungle book? The jungle book did not use live action backplates like dinosaur did so this is essentially going to be a cgi re-do
2. With this, how many of the "untouchable" Disney animations are left? Not counting Pixar only because I have some strange feeling John Lasseter has a say in whether or not there can be a live action toy story or nemo. I came up with fantasia, and that was it. Scary thing is now that can be very potentially soon
Other than random nitpicking that is probably best to not post here I came up with this:
3. The only positive thing that I can think of for this is Lion King is getting re-released in Blu-ray soon and my digital copy will be updated and I don't have to pay for the new bonus features :D

I found an article some time ago that rounded up the confirmed LA remakes, and Night on Bald Mountain was on the list.

While I liked Jungle Book, I was bored at parts because of the pseudo-realism. I think animation in general is more interesting to look at, and while I'll definitely be checking out new Lion King, I'm worried I'll have those moments of "realism fatigue" again. Thing is, CGI doesn't mirror reality exactly, and it's glaring when things don't "look right."

Anyway, one remake I'd actually look forward to is Hunchback of Notre Dame, especially with the new stage musical that performed for a little while. Like Jungle Book, they could draw from the book to give it a twist from the animation. And the music is awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter