• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

We will be at DL 6/11 - 6/18. Will be staying at the Candy Cane this time as we just stayed a week at the GC a few months ago. Can't wait to see the Pixar fireworks!!

I hope you're right. I hate 9:00 am openings, even if they do mean an extra hour of sleep.
Hmmm. So far I have assumed the 9AM openings in June at DL and even more often at DCA were a scheduling glitch or related somehow to grad nights in early June. But looking out thru the end of June and into July now, I guess I am not so sure.

If I had to guess, the many 9AM openings are related to Pixar Pier work. But heck, once PxP opens on June 23 they still have 9AM for DCA that day, as well as DL.

These look suspiciously like DLR is scheduling less hours on days with more SCAP/DAP blockouts. Which frankly sucks.

I have not been on the WDW forums for a few months but earlier this year it looked like WDW was doing something similar based on FP+ reservations. When there were less FP+ made in advance, they would operate rides at lower capacity. This was making "low crowd" days be days with equally long waits for rides because ride capacity was reduced.

I wonder if DLR is using MP data and correlating that to AP blockouts and reducing park hours as a result?

I will have to say Disney does a lot of things right. And from a business efficiency point of view this makes sense. But this really [INSERT MINOR PROFANITY HERE] me off. If Disney starts doing this kind of thing regularly, it would be something that would drive me away. Probably not 100%. But less visits. And when I was visiting DLR or WDW, I would have a feeling of being [INSERT MINOR PROFANITY HERE] off rather than happy. :mad:

Disney should tread carefully here. By all means charge more for entrance tickets or APs (I and DW have DAPs). But don't raise the DAP price by 15% then start offering reduced hours in peak times like summer. If they start doing that I will start going elsewhere. Even though I am a huge Disney fan, what I pay for is a good feeling about what I buy. When I do not feel good about it, I will stop. Even Disney.

pirate:

Just found this thread so will have some reading to do. Going to DL 6/19 through 6/22 meaning we just miss Pixar Pier opening oh well we are excited anyway. My second trip but haven’t been in many moons and my husband , Son (7), Daughter (4) and Mother in laws first trip. We are staying at paradise pier

Woo Hoo was able to get a BB Fantasmic dining package for 6/6. I have been stalking the packages trying to get a BB one and lucked out. It is for 6pm. I think we are all set now and just play the rest by ear. Will be canceling a RBT fantasmic package for 6/4 in case anyone wants it. I will cancel tomorrow evening.

Yeah. The hours I posted about being wonky recently. I was expecting 8 to midnight hours for our trip and found the hours are all over the place.

Bummed they're closing Hyperspace again. I was hoping for a summer run. It just adds up with wonky hours, late Pixar Pier opening, reduced entertainment...

ETA: Oh and the disappearing popcorn buckets.

Hmmm. So far I have assumed the 9AM openings in June at DL and even more often at DCA were a scheduling glitch or related somehow to grad nights in early June. But looking out thru the end of June and into July now, I guess I am not so sure.

If I had to guess, the many 9AM openings are related to Pixar Pier work. But heck, once PxP opens on June 23 they still have 9AM for DCA that day, as well as DL.

These look suspiciously like DLR is scheduling less hours on days with more SCAP/DAP blockouts. Which frankly sucks.

I have not been on the WDW forums for a few months but earlier this year it looked like WDW was doing something similar based on FP+ reservations. When there were less FP+ made in advance, they would operate rides at lower capacity. This was making "low crowd" days be days with equally long waits for rides because ride capacity was reduced.

I wonder if DLR is using MP data and correlating that to AP blockouts and reducing park hours as a result?

I will have to say Disney does a lot of things right. And from a business efficiency point of view this makes sense. But this really [INSERT MINOR PROFANITY HERE] me off. If Disney starts doing this kind of thing regularly, it would be something that would drive me away. Probably not 100%. But less visits. And when I was visiting DLR or WDW, I would have a feeling of being [INSERT MINOR PROFANITY HERE] off rather than happy. :mad:

Disney should tread carefully here. By all means charge more for entrance tickets or APs (I and DW have DAPs). But don't raise the DAP price by 15% then start offering reduced hours in peak times like summer. If they start doing that I will start going elsewhere. Even though I am a huge Disney fan, what I pay for is a good feeling about what I buy. When I do not feel good about it, I will stop. Even Disney.

pirate:

And here lies what provoked my family to jump into our cross country trip with both feet, er, 18 feet.

Now - this is getting us to experience a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. But it has made WDW far less attractive. The TPAS board lost some of their most experienced posters over the last 3-4 years. Many die-hard fans have either decreased their visiting to the point that they are no longer “experts” or they just recognize it isn’t a place they are as excited talking about with vim and vigor.

And I don’t think it has altered TWDC’s bottom line, so they continue with the changes. But - many believe they have made changes more judiciously at DLR because that park has different demographics. Time will tell...

... Oh and the disappearing popcorn buckets.

Tell me about it! At this point, I just want an AP bucket, whatever shape or design it is! We only buy popcorn in the parks when there is an AP refillable bucket deal, so it's been a while since I've gotten my fix. And every time we hear about the alien buckets being back, we "just miss" the last one at whichever cart we hit. I loved the last bucket. I like the alien one. But this is just ridiculous, even for Disney! <major eyeroll>

Holy crap you guys! We are going to Club 33!!!!! The mother in law of a college buddy of DH is a member. So excited I could die.

And yeah, not taking the whole eight of us.

So Jealous!! Have a great time and come back here to let us know how it was!

Holy crap you guys! We are going to Club 33!!!!! The mother in law of a college buddy of DH is a member. So excited I could die.

And yeah, not taking the whole eight of us.
I got lucky with knowing someone who knows someone and have been to Club 33 twice. They are serious about the dress code so make sure to follow it! And enjoy! It is really super cool!

:wizard:

Congrats! What an amazing opportunity!!!
I hope to one day know someone who knows someone! Ha! :rolleyes:
Cant wait to hear how it goes!!

I got lucky with knowing someone who knows someone and have been to Club 33 twice. They are serious about the dress code so make sure to follow it

Is there somewhere you can find out more about this? Or so you get it when reservations are made? My wife and I may have an opportunity in June.

from the confirmation I got:
Dress Code: Guests dining prior to 5:00pm, smart casual attire is required, excluding the following: tank tops, undershirts, torn jeans, cut-offs, swimsuits, bare midriffs or any other types of beach or workout wear. Shoes are required to be worn at all times. Ladies may wear open-toe sandals provided they are not beach or workout footwear. All children, especially those ten (10) years and older, must be dressed in the same manner as adults.

We’d dress up anyway, of course!

I am putting together a last minute trip for my DD 16th birthday. We fly in June 9th and plan to do DL the 10th-12th. Since we are DVC members I have been stalking the RAT and I'm piecemealing our stay together at the GCV. As of tonight, I have a studio booked for the 9th, a 2 bdrm on the 11th, and a 1 bdrm on the 12th. I'm gonna keep stalking and hopefully get something on the 10th and maybe the same kind of room will come up for the other nights so we aren't changing rooms everyday!

Just wanted to update on our progress.... the complete time frame of our trip was June 9-16. Originally we were going to do DL the first part of the week and then Universal/beach the 2nd part, but based on my constant DVC RAT stalking and waitlists, we have the following booked at GCV:
June 9: Studio
June 10: Nothing :(
June 11: 2 bdrm
June 12-16: 1 bdrm

I'm now debating doing DL during the last half of the trip since we have the same room for the last 4 days. I still have a waitlist for June 10th and for a 1 bdrm on the 11th (for one less room change) and will continue to stalk RAT several times a day until we leave. At this point, I'm considering paying cash for the one night we don't have, but that is a big number! Fingers crossed that something comes up in the next week!

Just wanted to update on our progress.... the complete time frame of our trip was June 9-16. Originally we were going to do DL the first part of the week and then Universal/beach the 2nd part, but based on my constant DVC RAT stalking and waitlists, we have the following booked at GCV:
June 9: Studio
June 10: Nothing :(
June 11: 2 bdrm
June 12-16: 1 bdrm

I'm now debating doing DL during the last half of the trip since we have the same room for the last 4 days. I still have a waitlist for June 10th and for a 1 bdrm on the 11th (for one less room change) and will continue to stalk RAT several times a day until we leave. At this point, I'm considering paying cash for the one night we don't have, but that is a big number! Fingers crossed that something comes up in the next week!
I’d definitely do DL the second half (also, I prefer having it to look forward to rather than getting it over with). I’d actually be tempted to stay somewhere else the first three nights-vrbo by the beach, perhaps, and save the points.

I’d definitely do DL the second half (also, I prefer having it to look forward to rather than getting it over with). I’d actually be tempted to stay somewhere else the first three nights-vrbo by the beach, perhaps, and save the points.

I agree with this! Swap your plans and Just find a different place to stay the first few nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter