• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back - Boardwalk

I'm glad so many of you are BWV fans. That leaves me my favorites since I don't care to ever stay at BWV. Once was enough for me.

To the OP: sorry your stay wasn't magical:guilty: I don't believe that studio renters are treated any differently - we have had wonderful experiences at both BWV and SSR in studios - no problems at all....

We stayed at BWV a year ago and we give it a mixed review. I found it too crowded and busy and found myself longing for the relative peace at SSR, but DW loved being "in the middle of things." We would certainly stay there again, however. That's the beauty of DVC - 8 different resorts to choose from each with strengths/weaknesses/"personalities" so that everyone can find a favorite!:)

Personally, we are very excited to try each and every resort - Up next will be OKW in just one month!!!!:goodvibes

Thanks for posting your trip experience, OP. We'll be having our first stay at BWV in 8 months (we're counting the days). We're really looking forward to trying a new resort, and are especially excited about the Boardwalk location. We've stayed at BCV a few times, but have never really explored BWV except to visit Jellyrolls (big tradition for the DW and me). I think I read somewhere here that they have real lattes at one of the shops there, which is of extreme importance to DW.;)

Of course, we hope everything goes really well on our trip, but it's good to get some info on how to deal with things when they do go wrong. I sure wouldn't be too happy if we couldn't get into our room because the staff was busy watching TV! But it sounds like the poster handled it well.

This has been an interesting read. We're going to BWV for the first time in September-we're also first time DVC member-goers! Did that make any sense?:goodvibes

Anyway, it's interesting to see what everyone's opinions are.

Jen

tksbaskets;

I'll be writing up a full trippie when I have a few minutes but wanted to let you know that our room was up to our Disney expectations. I'm hoping your experience was the exception, not the rule.

Looking forward to reading your trippie!:thumbsup2

OP sorry you didn't like the noise...I have had that room and loved it(at Christmas06 and in March05)...perhaps it was the time of year...more people outside having "fun" in the summer. But the soap, shampoo and sheets to me is an automatic call to housekeeping(IMO)...I can live with a lable on the floor(I have had at VWL) and I will revacumn without it being a house keeping issue, but if it is dirty it sceevies me out. I love BWV I love the activity, with out it seeming crazy to me. But more than that I love DVC so you have choices and can stay at other properties that are better suited to you....good luck !

Thanks - that clears it up. But that could be it, we love Vero also, guess I do like the more laid back feeling. I felt like every time I turned around the kids (I was there with a 7 and 8 year old - also first trip without DH and DD age 14) were asking for something, get me this, can I have that, can I shoot hoops, can I play this game, which I'm far from scrooge like, but after awhile it was old. guess that is what I like about the other resorts, the activities are there, but you have to search it out, where BWV its really in your face. Not a bad thing, just not my cup of tea! I just felt like the bad mom/auntie constantly saying NO, NO, NO which does get tireing!! The housekeeping issue could be said for all the resorts at this point, so that is really moot. Though we did find the "Community Hall" the last day, and checked it out, wondered why when you check in, they don't put the information in your packet. The girls in the community hall felt the same thing, which is a shame, because it looked like they had some fun stuff going on, just hardly any kids doing it!

Clarabelle... seems you are in that rough time that is familiar to experienced parents... (obviously w/DD14 you are one of us), but sometimes it seems like you can't please anyone, and it all falls on you to decide. And it is relentlesss. No time to relax.

Take a deep breath... Take care of yourself...

We got back last Saturday from a split stay at SSR and BWV. Had a wonderful time at SSR, even though we "ended up" in Paddock (ended up liking it!)....our check in to BWV was difficult- latle check in (7:00 PM after registering at 9 AM, you'd think we would have been earlier in the cue) then a bad room (we have now called it the underwear view). We had a preferred (non BW) view- but ended up with a view of the room perpendicular to ours- and could only see people walking around in their underwear and then the wall of that building. No Swan, no dolphin, no pool, just underwear! Also, it was dirty and the furniture was broken. Did get moved after complaining to a first floor by the quiet pool- VERY long walk, but pretty good room. Again, cleanliness was an issue- but it was acceptable. However, we had MAJOR problems with our dining plan and they had to reissue cards 4 times in first 24 hours and then ended up double charging us- which we discovered when we got home. Big issue was the concierge- eye rolling and reluctant help when we were trying to get the dining plan dealt with. Actually told us it was the end of his shift and to come back in the morning- he was too tired to deal with it. Also, as the child of immigrants, I would appreciate it if concierge staff would have command of the English language- dealing with a tired and reluctant concierge CM who seemed unable to understand English was, well, irritating. Disney should ensure that their direct service concierge people can communicate clearly!

All in all, it WAS an excellent trip- crowds were high, it wasn't that hot, and we spent lots of time at the quiet pool and community hall. That being said, as 10 year BWV owners and knowing that I will get flamed massively for saying this, we are becoming less and less enchanted with our home resort. The wear and tear, the poor service and poor housekeeping are an embarrassment to us....it seems the place needs a major attitude makeover.

All in all, it WAS an excellent trip- crowds were high, it wasn't that hot, and we spent lots of time at the quiet pool and community hall. That being said, as 10 year BWV owners and knowing that I will get flamed massively for saying this, we are becoming less and less enchanted with our home resort. The wear and tear, the poor service and poor housekeeping are an embarrassment to us....it seems the place needs a major attitude makeover.

Thats pretty much my feeling as well, we had a blast, though I got there last thursday and home monday, and it was stifling hot!! Crowds were heavy, but there were other little issues, Concerige telling me I had no days left on my PHP from years ago, then I really didn't think that was right, went back the next morning, and they checked again, they said I had two days! Used the pass no problems, then for the second day, trying to go to AK, they told me there were no days left!!! I was bummed as my neice and son were on the "other side"!!! went to guest services at AK, explained all the issues I had with the card, whipped out my Disney Visa and DVC card, and the very nice man said yup - no days left, then came back with a COMPLIMENTARY PASS!!!!! I was totally expecting to pay, I just had 8 hours left on our trip and wanted to enjoy them, so if it ment buying a one day pass so what!! He was so sweet!! That was a highlight of the trip!

Other issues - though very minor, and I did contact maintenace about it, TV cabinet door, broken, refrigerator worked great, by day two my half and half, milk and OJ was frozen solid!! complained twice, nothing done. Lighting in bathroom was awful, plus fan made a horrible sound, called maintenace, advised should really have a clear cover on the light so you can see, and the fan assembly is shot, never fixed. (DH is an electrician, so I knew that problem!!)

Again, had a great trip, had lots of fun, enjoyed ourselves, just not sure I would go out of my way to stay there. We only found the Community hall by mistake walking back from MGM. I don't know if the issue is the hotel/DVC issue? And it is a large place, I know VWL/WL are the same, (and of course you will find issues there as well) but maybe because of the size the issues arn't that noticable.

I think employees are also an issue, it just doesnt seem like people can't think outside the box. On T&T day, I left the stained sheet with the towels, in the tub, there was an extra sheet in the closet, so DS was using that, but if you see a dirty sheet, wouldn't you have left a clean sheet??? I would hate to see our dues go up, but if it ment hiring more capable employees, maybe it wouldn't be that bad of a trade off?

We just returned too & some problems. I spoke with 2 different managers who just listen with a phony smile & do nothing to help.:rolleyes:

I also called maintenance 3X. In the studio the light was out in the bathroom & the sliding door off the track (DH tried to fix it himself but it wasn't budging) Also in the connecting 1 bedroom the toilet was loose & rocking. Maybe the next guest who checks in can get them fixed. I tried.

We stayed at BWV for the first time last Jan and had a wonderful trip. No complaints come to mind! It is a much busier resort than SSR, but was lots of fun. Room was fine, IMO in OPs room someone used the bathroom after it was cleaned, at least they washed thier hands. Guest sometimes come back to their room after checking out, if room has not yet been reasigned their key card may still work.
For our vacations we sometimes go to the beach and sometimes camping, sometimes cities,or a cruise we enjoy them all. Guess that's what makes DVC so apealing, there is a resort for our every mood, since we are "off season vacationers" the hardest part is picking one. So far we have never been unable to get the resort we requested. Sorry OP had problems but IMO that can happen at any resort and is more likely when it's busy. Sounds like OP took it in stride and had a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter