Just Back--Contemporary/Shades of Green

Originally posted by Steve TLT
Hi FirstNo, <snip>

Is SoG still able to offer overflow rates (now or after the remodel)? I thought I remember hearing that Disney had discontinued this practice.

Thanks, Steve

Heck yes!!! It's pretty much their only form of income at this point. The hotel gets a commission from every overflow reservation booked and since they receive nothing from Disney concerning the North Wing at the CR, they would be happy to book overflow. :)

Heck yes!!! It's pretty much their only form of income at this point. The hotel gets a commission from every overflow reservation booked and since they receive nothing from Disney concerning the North Wing at the CR, they would be happy to book overflow.
~~~~~~~~~~

:::big wave:::

hi firstno :) !

are things still the same--does the CR still have to be full before requesting overflow? just found out renovations won't be done before our next trip and thought I might request overflow if I could....

are you not at SoG anymore? am I reading that right?

Madge
who has less than 9 months until the next trip!

just a note. They do to take full payment at check in...not at check out.

Originally posted by madge
:::big wave:::

hi firstno :) !

are things still the same--does the CR still have to be full before requesting overflow? just found out renovations won't be done before our next trip and thought I might request overflow if I could....

are you not at SoG anymore? am I reading that right?

Madge
who has less than 9 months until the next trip! [/B]

Hi ya, Madge!!! Big wave right back atcha!

No, things are NOT still the same (unless they changed back since I left in Aug). You can ask for overflow and it should be (was) happily provided because there is no income for the hotel for booking the NW. Now, the new SoG is being booked. So, it could be that for the rules will go back to the way they were for that time frame. If things are like they usually were, there's little communication on just how things are supposed to be done and great confusion over the whole thing. This means you'll get a different answer each time you call <G>.

And yes, as I mentioned earlier, I am no longer at SoG. I have a good friend who still works there so, I get tidbits of info on the hotel which I throw on here. Nothing of interest lately for you all, just a few things I sit and snicker at <eg>. :)

And yes, as I mentioned earlier, I am no longer at SoG. I have a good friend who still works there so, I get tidbits of info on the hotel which I throw on here. Nothing of interest lately for you all, just a few things I sit and snicker at .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well that's what I get for not reading the boards when I don't have a trip planned, LOL.....

I'll wait until after the busy season to check on overflow...thanks for the info :)

Madge

Regarding SOG overflow rates, when I called about a month ago for a ressie beginning January 19th to ask about them (ofcourse by then there wasn't anything available at the Contemporary) I was given unbelievably high so-called "overflow rates" at the various WDW resorts.

I was offered the Poly at $239 per night (sounds close to rack rate to me) and other extremely high rates. That was a first for me, because I've booked through SOG in the past, and was always given very attractive rates to choose from.

Thank goodness I found a great rate for the WL over on mousesavers.com!

This was the first time SOG "overflow rates" didn't come through for me.

Originally posted by Blondie
Regarding SOG overflow rates, when I called about a month ago for a ressie beginning January 19th to ask about them (ofcourse by then there wasn't anything available at the Contemporary) I was given unbelievably high so-called "overflow rates" at the various WDW resorts.

I was offered the Poly at $239 per night (sounds close to rack rate to me) and other extremely high rates. That was a first for me, because I've booked through SOG in the past, and was always given very attractive rates to choose from.

Thank goodness I found a great rate for the WL over on mousesavers.com!

This was the first time SOG "overflow rates" didn't come through for me.

You're right, that does sound like rack rates. The agents are supposed to offer the cheapest rate available (for Disney hotels, we were almost always given 3 different rates: rack rate and two discounted rates....exceptions were the ASRs and, some times, the home-away-from-home resorts). For ME, if the cheapest rate was rack, I still gave it to the guest, but advised him/her that this was rack rate and they could probably do better on their own.

I believe the time frame you're looking for is a holiday weekend and could account for the lack of discounted rates offered to SoG in such close proximity to the date. We had always been told that out of all of the blocks of rooms offered to all of the different companies that sell to Disney, we were, by far, the smallest. Smallest means less rooms offered at that cheaper rate. Once that rate is gone, it was rare we'd see it again. Disney was not the easiest company to work with and they were not very customer friendly in many ways. Believe it or not, out of all of the hotels on the Disney property, the easiest company to deal with, for me, was the Lake Buena Vista (Best Western). They were always very accommodating and helped me countless times with my guests needing *this* or changing *that*. It was rare they turned me down. Sorry they weren't able to give you a decent rate when you were looking!! :(

Am leaving next Monday for CR due to SoG renovations- liked SoG quiet location, but found it difficult to quickly get to parks because we had to go to Ticket/transport area. Looking forward to CR- is the best location the North Garden? Also, does CR cash travelers checks?

Firstno...no problem! SOG has been very accommodating to me in the past....4 times to be exact!

I figured, since I was looking for a room with only a month's notice that the pickings would be slim!

But that's okay.....I think we got a pretty good deal anyway!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter