Just booked For Christmas season

nicola

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell<br><font color=gre
Hi all,

I'm so excited :Pinkbounc I just booked DLH Nov 28 to Dec 2. We finally decided on DLH as opposed to SL. It was a really tough choice and thanks to all who gave me their much valued advice. DLH ended up being £380 more than SL rather than £500 more which is what I had been quoted last night. Apparently there had been a mistake made in the brochure, so got DLH 4 for 3 for 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant for £920. Still a lot of money I know especially with spending and travel on top, plus we will book an extra night at the beginning at HI or exporers, but sure you only live once and you can't take it with you!! So now I have something to look forward to again and Christmas is my most favourite time of year anyway so I can't wait to see DLP during this season. The only concern I have is that when I booked they did not seem to know anything about Le NOel de Mickey show. I had asked about it in particular as I know last year it did not start until Dec 4th. I have been told that it is not in this years brochure and it appears that they have stopped it. I was also told that all the other shows start on Nov 5th which means we won't miss any of them. This had better be right because I phoned back 3 different times to check with different advisors and they all seemed to think the same thing-although none of them seemed too sure!!!

Thanks. I'm sharing in your excitement. DLH looks beautiful at Christmas time :)

Reid

Nicola,

I don't think the Disney staff who take bookings know too much in advance about what shows are on etc. When we booked for July which was back in March I asked if the Peter Pan to the Rescue show would be on again this summer. I was put on hold for a couple of minutes and then told that they presume its on if it was on last year. It's not actually on this year I now know.

If le Noel de Mickey isn't on this year I would think it would be replaced with another show anyway.

Joanne

Sounds wonderful!! I'm sure the DLH will be a great place to stay. :Pinkbounc

Becky,

Just hope its as nice as the HNY. We LOVE it there and I can not for the life of me understand why people don't seem to like it. I think the theming is great in it and love the art deco and 30's New York style. We just thought we would like to try somewhere different for a change so it will be interesting to see if it is worth the extra for the DLH. I will be sure to let you know what we make of it.

That's wonderful news, Nicola! I'm incredibly jealous but I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time. :cheer2:

Fantastic news Nicola!

That sounds like a bargain to me. I'm sure you will love DLH - you can't not love the location!!

Just hope its as nice as the HNY. We LOVE it there and I can not for the life of me understand why people don't seem to like it.

ITA!!! I suppose the theming puts some people off - it's definitely a bit different. But the bedrooms are so comfortable and spacious, very nice bathrooms and there is the benefit of room service! We didn't even consider it as a choice until our fifth visit when we couldn't decide between Sequoia Lodge or Newport Bay, so we thought - what the heck, let's give it a go. And loved the place!!

I definitely want to stay at the DLH one day - and I'm sure you've made the right choice for you to really enjoy your holiday. But IMHO the New York is an under-appreciated gem!!

Thats brilliant Nicola. Actually it doesn't sound too bad on price either when you consider that its DLH. I'm so jealous;) :)

I also agree about the price. Claire and I spent over £1,000 on our trip staying at Sequoia Lodge. Okay so that included Eurostar travel, but it was just for two adults! You're taking a whole family.

I'm not having much luck! I tried to book through "Leisure Direction" as they are who I have used in the past, but they say prices won't be released until the end of July :rolleyes: :confused3

I think I will just call DLRP and book direct.

Anyway, congratulations Nicola! We will be there too (with any luck!) just not for as long :) (December 29th - January 1st for us). :)

Sounds reasonable deal to me! Agree on HNY - beds are THE best we've ever stayed in (DH found beds at CSR a bit laking compared with those - I pointed out HNY is deluxe not moderate, and CSR is considerably older :rotfl: )

Hoping to fit in a short break there sometime - how busy is it at half-term?(October)

Frances999 said:
I'm not having much luck! I tried to book through "Leisure Direction" as they are who I have used in the past, but they say prices won't be released until the end of July :rolleyes: :confused3

I think I will just call DLRP and book direct.

Anyway, congratulations Nicola! We will be there too (with any luck!) just not for as long :) (December 29th - January 1st for us). :)

Me too Frances. They saved us a small fortune last time.

I'm going to be booking with Cresta or Bridge this time due to having vouchers from a large supermarket chain which should pay for us all with a bit of luck :)

Miffy2003 said:
Me too Frances. They saved us a small fortune last time.

I'm going to be booking with Cresta or Bridge this time due to having vouchers from a large supermarket chain which should pay for us all with a bit of luck :)
Oooooh, good idea, Karen! I will have to look into that option! Do Tesco have the details on their website?

:wizard:

They do, Frances. You get 4x the value of your Clubcard vouchers so if you have £100 you get £400 in Cresta vouchers (for example)

I'm hoping to have enough for 4 nights at HNY :) but I have been saving for ages!!

How good are leisure directions, they always come up whenever you search anything to do with DLP? I was just going to book ours through the coop again - I got a £100 voucher to be used against any holiday with my last dividend and a nice divedend payout because you can collect your points on any holiday.

What happens with the shareholders discount though? Can any travel company exercise that for you - or do you have to book direct?

Oooh! I just wish I was as lucky as Nicola and had already booked - I could be on a countdown :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter