just bought into the DVC lots of questions

I disagree that "less you know the better". Another reason may be that based on conversation with prospective buyer, that they vacation at different times of the year, they typically visit for 3 or 4 days, they vacation during non-peak DVC times, they wanted a certain amount of points and were on a tight budget. There can and are a number of reasons to not review fixed weeks. Also a possibility (not saying it is in this case), that it is brought up but dismissed quickly. A guide may just say "if you are interested in vacationing the same week every year, it can be gtd for at additional cost", which most owners might quickly dismiss.

I can assure you that DVC prefers an uninformed buyer to an informed one. Why do you think they put so much pressure to buy "on the spot"? They don't want you going home and researching.

ETA: Unless they think they are going to lose the sale. In which case, they may be more forthcoming with info. But if they already have the sale made, they aren't going to volunteer any other info.

I can assure you that DVC prefers an uninformed buyer to an informed one. Why do you think they put so much pressure to buy "on the spot"? They don't want you going home and researching.

ETA: Unless they think they are going to lose the sale. In which case, they may be more forthcoming with info. But if they already have the sale made, they aren't going to volunteer any other info.

DVD and the guides job is to sell period. They are trained on what to say, how to feel out the prospect, how to close the sale.

Fixed weeks may not be a popular guide item because they don't understand the product or maybe their commission is less.

:earsboy: Bill

I just bought a second contract on resale market via The Timeshare Store and saved a ton of money (paid cash for vero beach). I did that because we never go at peak and the price per point was $60; yes, I know that the annual dues are higher but I am fine with that.
The resale market is the way to go and look for a fully loaded contract ( banked points and all).
Oh yeah, congratulations; I bought from DVC at AKL and I don't regret it. I learned a lot and got some good info with the booklets. ENJOY!
Just one question. What do you consider peak times?

We will have to agree to disagree. Yes they are there to make a sale but I do think there a number of legitimate reasons not to discuss fixed weeks, just through the discovery process. Also I have bought direct twice in 1999 and 2015. Maybe I was just lucky but I did not feel pressured in any sense. I did not have sales pitches or have hard pressure sales like many other Timeshares or car sales do. This past summer I spoke with the representative, reviewed the finances, and let him know I would review the information and let him know the next day. There was no pressure. In 1999 I visited on site and called back my rep when I returned home and did the purchase that way. Are there sales reps that put pressure on a potential buyer I'm sure there are, but I'm not going to put a blanket statement out that that they put pressure on the spot. If you want pressure go visit Wyndam or Blue Green

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter