Just for fun- rumored DDP+ Wish list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbaa_

>Hakuna Matata!<
While we wait for official news, what do you think? This is pure wish list/conjecture/potential roll out

I'm putting the price at or near $100
the Meal credits will not include appetizer.
Meal credits will be valid at all Venues including dinner shows

I’m taking back my theory it won’t be valid for signature.
it would be quite lovely if it included appetizer. Then it would really be the perfect plan

I'm putting the price at or near $100
the Meal credits will not include appetizer.
Meal credits will be valid at all Venues including dinner shows

I’m taking back my theory it won’t be valid for signature.

Without app, I think you'd be hard pressed to "spend" $90 at a signature. If for no other reason, Disney will allow it to be used at signatures just because they will then make money off the plan.

I’ll play because I’m really interested in this. My predictions:

- $100 for adults for 2020.
- I think it will include the appetizer - I think it will be the same as as a DxDP credit because I don’t see them programming yet another credit type. Since the credits can be used for QS and TS, they can’t use the TS programming and the DxDP already includes the app. So I think it will include the app.
- FD upgrades to this plan will be allowed (upcharge!)
- will work the same as current DDP - can use two credits for Signatures and shows.

Predictions for the future
- I don’t think the DxDP will be offered for 2021. I think the plan will be to substitute this DDP+ for DxDP.
- I predict an increase in cost to bring the DDP+ similar to current DxDP in 2021. (Probably around $120). Once they get people hooked on the two TS meals, they will increase the cost. They cannot take out a meal from the DxDP as it will be seen as decreasing value. But, they can start by making the new plan seem valuable and when people are hooked, delete the DXDP and increase the cost.

Price hike for Deluxe Dining plan to $135pp but will have something added like 3 snacks per day
Dining plus will be $95 includes app and can be combined for signature

I predict pricing around $100 for adults and $36 for kids. Credits can be used at signatures. No app, but will still include dessert.

As a wish, though I don't see it likely, I would like a TS DDP option that either eliminates dessert (and the price correlates) or finds a way to allow a guaranteed sub for at least some of the cheaper appetizers at restaurants (like a soup or salad). I've heard that some restaurants will allow a cheaper side sub for dessert, but never actually had any luck myself except for a couple places allowing a small cup of fruit instead (which is often just more of the fruit that comes with a particular dessert minus the rest of the dessert). Sweets just aren't appealing at all to me, and 2 included desserts/day as I forsee with this new plan is a bit much. Obviously lots of people love their desserts though as I recall the negativity when QS credits stopped including desserts so I'm probably in the minority on this.

I don’t think it will include an appetizer. I think the appetizers were removed to move tables through dinner faster - not for actual meal cost.

think they will not be able to be combined for a signature experience. Or priced such that it will make absolutely no sense to do so.

I do think the deluxe plan will still be offered but the price will go up. I like to believe Disney is struggling to improve the signature dining experience and this is an attempt to do this.

I would want the credits to be treated like the DxDP with appetizers. I think Disney will have to treat the credits just like the DxDP unless they completely revamp the restaurants POS computer system. If is possible, but then you would have to think they will change the DxDP and take out apps as well.

Why can’t the table service credits in this new plan be treated just like the regular dining plan one TS credit - no appetizer? Why the assumption that they need to be treated like deluxe dining credits?

This is a wish list right? I would prefer it to be treated like a DxDP credit vs a standard TS credit.

How do you figure this?

Standard DDP TS credits can already be used as either a TS or QS credit.

I'm not seeing how a POS change would be required?
I was mistaken, I forgot you could use a TS for QS. It's been a while since I had the standard DDP.

I predict that this plan will be priced & designed to encourage those using it to do character meals (buffets & fixed price like storybook) as that will be the greatest value.

the deluxe plan plan will replace value with luxury and will be priced accordingly.

this will put Disney in a great position to step up the signature restaurants in the hotels. It will also give them flexibility to offer various levels of discounts should the economy take a turn.

I’m guessing $99 and hope it allows character meals! Doubt it will include apps since they are more time consuming for table availability. I think it’s a great idea since I can never find enough decent counter meals!

What I *wish* given some parameters, and some modicum of reality (i.e., approx $100pppn, 2TS / QS pppd etc)
Credits can be combined for signatures.
Appetiser OR Dessert
Alcoholic drink (or speciality non-alcoholic / milkshake) AND non-speciality non alcoholic drink included.
1xSnack per day

Without app, I think you'd be hard pressed to "spend" $90 at a signature. If for no other reason, Disney will allow it to be used at signatures just because they will then make money off the plan.

Not that hard with alcohol. Can be challenging without alcohol. I believe Yachtsman has a $30 glass of wine.

But California Grill as an example:
Entrees are $36-62
Desserts are $11-23
Beverages, including alcohol, are $5-$22

For a total range of $52 to $107. Add in sales tax, range is $55 to $114.
Without alcohol, it’s difficult but not impossible to hit $90. There are 3 entrees between $54-62. Most desserts are $15-$22 Add $5 for non alcoholic beverage. $74 to $89. Add in tax, you’re potentially just over the $90 mark.

That formula is probably true at most signature — without alcohol it’s difficult but not impossible to hit $90. With alcohol, not that hard to hit it.

My wishlist:
Same price as the current DDP, $78. But no alcohol included. And no dessert included but allow a snack credit to be used for a dessert. (Or 2 snack credits for a signature restaurant dessert).

I am hoping that they do appetizer with this new version. I thought the idea above was interesting with them getting ride of DxDP and replacing with this one in the future. I could see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter