Just getting back from AKL…

We love Boma too! We eat there every trip!

Oh no! We loved Mara when we were last there, but that was 5 years. ago now. Please tell me that they still carry some of Boma's soups?

WOWZERS! That is a beautiful view! When you check out, would you mind sharing the room number? Thanks for sharing the great pics!
I believe they still had one of Boma's soups on the menu - the butter nut squash or something like that.

That will be great! Have a wonderful vacation!
Yes. The lobby is the third floor.
Thank you. You would think that I would be able to remember that. "The lights are on, but there's nobody home", I'm afraid. LOL
I believe they still had one of Boma's soups on the menu - the butter nut squash or something like that.
Oh, good. Thanks for letting me know. At least one is something. We always love those soups. But I am sad to hear that Mara has gone downhill.

That will be great! Have a wonderful vacation!

Thank you. You would think that I would be able to remember that. "The lights are on, but there's nobody home", I'm afraid. LOL

Oh, good. Thanks for letting me know. At least one is something. We always love those soups. But I am sad to hear that Mara has gone downhill.

You’re welcome! We kept saying how is this the third floor? Lol.

Are you able to take away food from the mara to your room at all?

Yes, as of a couple years ago and for many years before that, Mara always had the same butternut squash soup on the menu as Boma. Unlike Boma, they had that soup on the menu all day, every day. The chefs told me it came from the same pot, and it sure tasted it. One night, I took a culinary tour of Boma and had a tasting of the soup. When I was done, I went to Mara and ordered the soup. Tasted the same, but slightly better at Mara since I didn't have to pay nearly as much for butternut squash soup and zebra domes.

We love the fireplace in the lobby. Last trip we stayed at kidani but make sure we spent time just sitting by that fireplace. It's so peaceful.

Years ago, we realized , we traveled a thousand miles to sit by a fireplace to read a book.

Yeah, we're boring.
We do that too!

AKL is still my #1 favorite resort on property! I've always felt it was like a vacation within my vacation. I've only stayed there twice but visitied just 2 weeks ago to see the lobby and gift shop, plus the savanna and then we went to Saana for dinner. It was worth every moment!!!!

Yes, as of a couple years ago and for many years before that, Mara always had the same butternut squash soup on the menu as Boma. Unlike Boma, they had that soup on the menu all day, every day. The chefs told me it came from the same pot, and it sure tasted it. One night, I took a culinary tour of Boma and had a tasting of the soup. When I was done, I went to Mara and ordered the soup. Tasted the same, but slightly better at Mara since I didn't have to pay nearly as much for butternut squash soup and zebra domes.
One of my absolute favorites - the butternut squash soup. Something we have found is if we hit a night at Boma where it's not on the menu (since the rotate soups), all we have to do is ask the server. Most times they magically find us a big bowl or 2 those nights, too - from that same big pot they use for The Mara!! I love it so much, I always ask!

AKL is still my #1 favorite resort on property! I've always felt it was like a vacation within my vacation. I've only stayed there twice but visitied just 2 weeks ago to see the lobby and gift shop, plus the savanna and then we went to Saana for dinner. It was worth every moment!!!!
Spill the beans! What ya have what ya like and dislike? Ty.

Dinner:
Our server(s) was great and attentive.
Bread service-Outstanding
I had Samaki Wa Kupaka - Sustainable Fish Outstanding
My sister had Zanzibari Vegetable curry w/ Chicken Very good
We each had an African Starr Mojito Very good

We were lucky enough to be seated at a window for our 6:40 reservation ( it was 6:30 when we were called to sit). That was an "extra special" occurence. !!!

Jambo has DVC rooms? My husband noticed that bridge in the lobby and was wondering if anyone can walk across it or if it was only club level lol.
Anyone can walk across the bridge at this time.

As the other poster stated, 5th and 6th floors are DVC.

Dinner:
Our server(s) was great and attentive.
Bread service-Outstanding
I had Samaki Wa Kupaka - Sustainable Fish Outstanding
My sister had Zanzibari Vegetable curry w/ Chicken Very good
We each had an African Starr Mojito Very good

We were lucky enough to be seated at a window for our 6:40 reservation ( it was 6:30 when we were called to sit). That was an "extra special" occurence. !!!
Ty! Looking foward to it. Any dessert reviews out there? They sound interesting. We eat like birds...is the bread service really filling? Was looking at splitting tandoori chicken dish and dessert....don't think we can get out of there with out trying the bread tho😵‍💫

Agree, mine too! A destination in and of itself. Loved seeing the activity on the savanna, and also the interesting educational programs that take place at the resort.

Ty! Looking foward to it. Any dessert reviews out there? They sound interesting. We eat like birds...is the bread service really filling? Was looking at splitting tandoori chicken dish and dessert....don't think we can get out of there with out trying the bread tho😵‍💫
Honestly the bread CAN be really filling, you can ask for a couple extra naan breads with it, and if you do - and you don't eat much, that would probably be a meal unto itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter