• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got a call...

MissMet

DIS Veteran
I just heard a message on my machine from DVC needing to speak with me about my Nov reservation at AKV. I cannot get a hold of the girl until tomorrow because it's 9pm but now I'm dying! What on earth could this be??? Is this the dreaded call that I can not stay there then?! Does this mean I'm doomed to SSR? What's you guys opinion? What do you think it could be? Has anyone ever had this before? The weirdest part is the caller id says she called from an 407 area code BUT she left me a number with an 321 area code. Anyone know where this is?

I'm dying to hear anything...ANYTHING! :sad1:

Thanks!

I would be going nuts. Between that and watching the Mets I might have a heart attack.

I know I know an update already?!

Well, with the mets in a rain delay, I'm now a level higher in cardiac arrest, so I figured I would get a call into her, so hopefully she would call me first thing tomorrow. Ready for this? She is the DVC Member Services MANAGER! :scared1: Oh god! There goes my stay at AKV. :sad2: I don't have a clue on what else it could be now. It can't be good if it's the manager! :confused:

Good luck! I can't imagine why they would be calling you. We are staying at AKV at the end of October.

BTW....Go Phillies:rotfl:

I've been hearing about people being moved but I haven't heard of any DVC members being moved. :confused3

I really don't want to stay at SSR. :sad2:

If they must move you tell tell them it must be an upgraded DVC room and the best view. Hopefully all is well.

I just heard a message on my machine from DVC needing to speak with me about my Nov reservation at AKV. I cannot get a hold of the girl until tomorrow because it's 9pm but now I'm dying! What on earth could this be??? Is this the dreaded call that I can not stay there then?! Does this mean I'm doomed to SSR? What's you guys opinion? What do you think it could be? Has anyone ever had this before? The weirdest part is the caller id says she called from an 407 area code BUT she left me a number with an 321 area code. Anyone know where this is?

I'm dying to hear anything...ANYTHING! :sad1:

Thanks!

Am I the only one offended by this comment (bolded) ?? I don't think resort bashing is nice!

Am I the only one offended by this comment (bolded) ?? I don't think resort bashing is nice!

By no means am I bashing SSR. It's one of my home resorts. If SSR was your least favorite out of the DVC resorts & AKV was your favorite & you're about to be told you are now going to be staying there I think you would be just as disheartened as I am right now.

I feel like they're are some people on DIS looking to flame people.

I really hope you never have your dream trip, that you've been waiting a year for, changed on you with 4 months notice.

Everybody chill. :sad2:

Miss Met, hang in there until you hear. There is no point getting all upset until you know. Your language about SSR was a tad over-dramatic...after all, I'd rather be "doomed" to ANY DVC resort than be anyplace else on Earth. It's just that for people who really love SSR, that can cause some hurt feelings. I don't think it really sounds like you meant to do that, though.

We all remember that everyone loves different resorts, and that's why we are SO LUCKY that Disney gives us such variety...and they are ALL GREAT.

I'm sure we are all hoping that you get to stay in the resort of your choice, but you'll have a wonderful time no matter what!

Please, nobody send me up in flames, or I'll start typing Kumbaya... :rotfl:

:flower3:

Thanks Chris. :thumbsup2

I will admit that "doomed" was probably a bad choice of words, but it was right after hearing the message. :)

"Does this mean I'm STUCK with SSR?"

Hope everyone is happy with that because that's the best I'll give ya. :laughing:

man this would be killing me!! pixiedust:

btw... I'd love to be doomed or stuck at SSR any day!

I would absolute hate it when a trip of dreamed of and planned suddenly gets derailed. (Actually that happened once but for health reasons in my travel party.)

Here's some extra :tink: pixiedust: Hope things aren't too bad. Maybe they're calling to give you an option on a larger room or better view?

The suspence would be killing me too. Lets have a little daydream here - maybe you`ve won a few nights in the castle and they want to know if they can your AKV rooms back :goodvibes
Seriously I hope what ever it is doesn`t spoil your trip :wizard:

The suspence would be killing me too. Lets have a little daydream here - maybe you`ve won a few nights in the castle and they want to know if they can your AKV rooms back :goodvibes
Seriously I hope what ever it is doesn`t spoil your trip :wizard:

Hey, now THAT would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter