Just got a call...

I would suspect it's just to warn you about the construction noise. We have three nights at AKLV in November and they made it a point on Monday when one of our WL nights came through to let us know there may be some noise from the construction.

The other thing could be if something changed due to the computers being down all day yesterday...?

But my vote is that it's a CYA call to make sure they can say they warned you about potential construction noise.

The manager must be calling because she is NOT a Mets fan! Maybe she wants to place a little bet, you never know, lol, Anyway good luck with your dreaded call today!

It is probably nothing more than a greeting call from DVC to welcome you to the new AKV and to remind you about some construction noise. They probably just want to give you a warm welcome.

I hope...

I have a trip in Nov. planned for a studio at the AKV. Please post when you hear from MS and let us know what happened. We will be there 11/11 thru 11/15. I hope it is just a courtesy call!!

I'm anxious to hear what the call was about. We have two different ressies in September and have not received a call, so I figure if yours is in November then it's probably not that you are being moved. From what I was led to believe most of the construction will be completed by Sept. and the reason for moving July guests was because they decided to speed up the construction so it WOULD be ready in Sept. Maybe it's good news. I know when I get a call or a certified letter I always expect bad news...but hoping for the best in your situation!---Kathy

Well, at least the Mets won.

Did you mention in another post that your reservation didn't say anything about construction noise? I bet that's it.

I am waiting with bated breath as they say. I just can't decide which is more important, waiting for this or going to have my prostate checked. Waiting versus checked. Hmm... :)

Well, at least the Mets won.

Did you mention in another post that your reservation didn't say anything about construction noise? I bet that's it.

Yes, the mets won at least. I knew I should have gone to that game! Rain or not. I'm a primodonna, so if the weather looks bad we don't go. If I had only went I would have only had this suspense this morning.

And, yes you are right, I was never warned about the construction on the phone when making the reservation or on my conformation.

I don't think I'm being moved. It doesn't make sense. I bet it's something silly.

I hope. :confused:

Waiting....:rolleyes1

:laughing: More like waiting... :scared1:

Am I the only one offended by this comment (bolded) ?? I don't think resort bashing is nice!

Nope not offended, I would feel the same way (about any resort) if loosing an AKV ressie. But SSR would be my last preferrence for a move, and that is not bashing, just my personal choice. I wouldn't refuse SSR, it just isn't my first choice.

Kinda why icecream isn't limited to just vanilla.

Of course, anyone can choose to be offended by anything, if they desire.....

I'm still waiting for her to call. I keep trying her & I get her machine or a busy signal. :mad:

Yikes! Maybe she's calling My house!! ;)

Just noticed your ticker--17 days DCL and AKV--man, oh man, am I jealous!!

Yikes! Maybe she's calling My house!! ;)

Just noticed your ticker--17 days DCL and AKV--man, oh man, am I jealous!!

Yes, this is why I'm so "passionate" :lmao: about this call. This trip in Nov is our family "reunion" dream trip. Hopefully after I get this call it still is.

But the more I think about it the more I think I'm not being moved. Why would I be moved and so many staying before me & with me are not being moved.

subscribing...dying to know...as we're staying at AKV in December.

Subscribing to see the outcome. Goof luck and have a nice time on your trip coming up..smjj

Why would I be moved and so many staying before me & with me are not being moved.

Because you are a Mets fan??? just a guess, Just kidding, Hope all works out just the way you want it too!!! We will be there in Nov also, from 8-13, Bringing 13 of us in all, 2bed villa & 2 Studios at VWL, to celebrate my parents 50th Wedding Anv.

Keep us updated!!!!!

:rolleyes1 Well, as I continue to wait, I'll give you you guys also staying at AKV my info so you can compare. I'm Staying at AKV in 2 studios. 1 savanna view, 1 standard view November 10 - 17. It is my home resort & I made the reservation about a week after they started taking reservations for AKV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter