Just the two of us - Live

Really hope you got over the migraine OK. I get them myself so I can really empathise.

Excedrin tablets, a bottle of Powerade and a big bag of gummy sweets are the way I have found to help me get over it. (My triggers being tiredness and low blood sugar - which can follow long journeys). There are also some really good over the counter migraine tablets that we got from Walgreen's.

Enjoy the rest of the trip! Hope you manage to get a steak or two in Manny's!

Flight across to Dublin only took 35 mins, not the 1hr scheduled, transatlantic to Boston only 6hr 10 mins instead of 7 hrs, between sleeping, eating and listening to a little music it was over in no time. Last flight to Tampa only 2hrs 40mins instead of 3hrs 15mins so we arrived everywhere early.

seems they pad the flight times in case there are delays...
so if no delays, you get in early...

have fun!!!

What's it called? I need to order the right thing when we go as I keep drawling over this dessert every time you post a photo of it :)

Molten chocolate cake. They used to do a white one which I liked better.

Headache been a lot better today :goodvibes

Today we started at the Premium Outlet Vineland, waited for the Disney outlet store to open at 10am. Got a few little bits then over to Cocoa, I had found on tripadvisor Lori Wilson park. Spent over 1 hour there walking and taking photos, really only saw birds & squirrels but the signs say look out for racoons, armidillo among other things.
Over to Port Canaveral for lunch at Grills, had Mahi Mahi tacos which were good, a walk afterwards, a bit of people watching then back to Grills to the Tiki bar, a couple of drinks, over to watch them fishermen weigh & clean their catch. Looked in the water to see 2 Manatee drinking fresh water from the fish cleaning pipes. Watched 2 Carnival ships leave then the Disney Fantasy at 5pm, drove back to hotel for quick shower then out to Orlando Alehouse where I had 35 shrimp:)
Another great day over at the port, we really enjoy a day over there each trip now.:goodvibes

On the way back from the port we saw this, hope it wasn't real :rotfl2:

Great day :thumbsup2 Is it easy driving to the port? What's the weather like at the moment? :goodvibes

Lovely pics Wayne. I especially love the manatees. I've seen them not too far from Vero Beach, but not as close up as you were. Normally a trip to the Living Seas is mainly to see the manatees.

We may take a trip over to the port in January to prepare ourselves for the August family Disney Dream tip. Thanks for the idea :thumbsup2

Glad you're feeling better, another good day, especially seeing the manatees. Enjoy the sunshine, wet week-end here.

Great day :thumbsup2 Is it easy driving to the port? What's the weather like at the moment? :goodvibes
Driving to the port is so easy, 1 road (SR528) https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...LH6XgiDHBgBSKIpm5NQ&oq=port+ca&mra=ls&t=m&z=9
Costs $4.25 in tolls each way.
Weather is perfect getting upto 90 thru the day but not humid like August, around 80 in the evenings.

Lovely pics Wayne. I especially love the manatees. I've seen them not too far from Vero Beach, but not as close up as you were. Normally a trip to the Living Seas is mainly to see the manatees.

We may take a trip over to the port in January to prepare ourselves for the August family Disney Dream tip. Thanks for the idea :thumbsup2

First time we have ever seen wild manatee, amazing animals. We also saw a couple of turtles but didn't get pics.

Highly recommend a trip to the port, Grills tiki bar has a great atmosphere Sat & Sun afternoons with live music, Karen had frozen strawberry daiquiri at $5.75, bottles of beer are $3.25 then when the ships leave a few people go to the veiwing deck to wave them off, yesterday we were stood next to a lady who heard our accents so wanted to know where we were from, past a bit of tme talking.

wow - the manatee pictures are AMAZING!!!
i've never seen one in the wild - good job spotting them!!

sounds like a perfect day...
nothing better than waving off ships!!!!!
well, except for being on them when they sail away!! ;)

Your day at Port Canaveral looks great, ive convinced DH to have a day out there.
How long was the drive and where abouts do you park?
Do the ships leave every day, hoping to see a Disney one!
Have 2 DD's 10 & 2, anything exciting for them to do?
Is Cocoa far, I did want to visit the beach, been to Disney 10 times and never been to the coast!!

Thanks

nothing better than waving off ships!!!!!
well, except for being on them when they sail away!! ;)
11 months and we will be onboard again:goodvibes

Your day at Port Canaveral looks great, ive convinced DH to have a day out there.
How long was the drive and where abouts do you park?
Do the ships leave every day, hoping to see a Disney one!
Have 2 DD's 10 & 2, anything exciting for them to do?
Is Cocoa far, I did want to visit the beach, been to Disney 10 times and never been to the coast!!

Thanks

Depends where you are leaving from but approx 1 hour from LBV.
For waving off the ships we park at Grills, there is a massive free car park right next to it. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Gril...ive,+Cape+Canaveral,+FL&radius=15000&t=m&z=12
Their website http://www.grillsseafood.com/

We sometimes goto Cocoa beach in the morning, its just 5 mins past the Port, we park right next to the pier but costs $10 https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Coco...hq=Cocoa+Beach+Pier,+Cocoa+Beach,+FL&t=m&z=14
Alternatively just another couple of minutes further down the coast is Lori Wilson Park where we went yesterday, free parking, swings, BBQ use, toilets, showers and easy access to the beach, we had no problem parking but read you can struggle to park height of season. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Lori...=0.028548,0.055189&oq=lori+w&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

We prefer to go Saturday or Sunday as Grills have live music and great atmosphere, lots of boats coming & going, fishing trips returning and cleaning their catch etc. Other days is Thursday but doubt their would be much else happening.
Confirm with Disney cruise website though for your dates, they do sometimes change their itinery.

On our way to Epcot Food & Wine festival shortly :goodvibes

Blimey that ship is huge. I dont think I can quite comprehend without seeing.

Amazing photos - I do love the manatees :)

Sundancer UK said:
Blimey that ship is huge. I dont think I can quite comprehend without seeing.

Amazing photos - I do love the manatees :)

Not sure but I think the Carnival Dream that left before the Fantasy was bigger. I prefer the older smaller ships, booked to go back on the Disney Magic next year, she is just going thru a refurb.

Just sat with a Sam Adams Oktoberfest waiting for Manhattan Transfer to come on stage.

This morning we started at SeaWorld, Straight to Manta got on first one of the day. Round to watch dolphins for a while, Pets ahoy show, Penguins, up the tower, Shamu then it was time for Shamu's Spooktacular what we had gome in for. Nice walk around trick or treating, a few birds on display and activities for the kids.
We then left and had lunch at Sweet Tomatoes, with coupon $15 for 2 of us, raelly good value.:goodvibes

After a couple of hours rest we set off to Epcot and the Food & wine festival. listened to Manhatten Transfer, never heard of them until last week but they were very good. Had a kimchi dog from the South Korea stand, it was OK but I just don't see value in these stands, $3.75 for 2 bites. Then went to China for food, Orange Chicken for Karen, Beef for me.:goodvibes now trying to stay awake a bit, absolutely shattered but if I sleep before 11pm I will be up too early in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter