Just upgraded

Just curious but did anyone have to pay taxes and a change of booking fee when upgrading?

I was quoted £47.50 each in taxes and £50 each change of booking fee plus the upgrade fee.

Forgot to add that is with Virgin.

We did ours through the frequent virgin club but there was no additional fees, taxes, APD anything just the cost to upgrade.

up^ - your thoughts about when I should try to upgrade would be most appreciated Obi

Just curious but did anyone have to pay taxes and a change of booking fee when upgrading?

I have just upgraded last night, thanks to this post. It cost us just the difference in fare which worked out £540 for two adults and two children, PE outbound and inbound! I thought this was quite good but is it really?
Virgin said that there was tax to pay but no charge.:thumbsup2

Obi, any chance of checking my flight, we travel out on the 13/09/07 and fly back on the 27/09/07.

Flight no VS75 and VS76 from Manchester.

Thanks a million.

Ooh you're on the same flights as us, might see you! :upsidedow

I asked for a breakdown as it would have been £455 to upgrade two of us.

£130 each for the upgrade (would have snatched her hand off at that price)
£47.50 each taxes
£50 each change of booking fee.

I really couldn't justify the £195 extra cost, it was probably better not knowing.

We are travelling back on 4th September on a M+M ticket. We rang on Monday evening to ask about an upgrade and were quoted a simply obscene £8.40!!!!! plus the £50 amendment fee.

Safe to say we are now travelling back PE.

I think September must be a really good month to upgrade:confused3 Going in the school holidays doesn't give us much hope for a lower PE flight coming back.Never mind eh.:flower3:

I know we dont go until next year but where are VH getting their prices from £1800+ for upgrade to PE. Obi please advise.

sorry, but could I just ask a few basic Q's, like when is the best time for a good deal on upgrading from econ to PE as we don't fly until Dec 7th. Also, we booked online and got the FV 10% disc - would this make any difference? Finally, how do you upgrade - phone? (FV, or main VH desks?) or amend our online booking?

Our flights are (2 adults):
VS027 11:15 7/12/07
VS016 19:55 23/12/07
Do you need any other info?

Thanks in advance!
Dee

Apologies Dee, I have been away on buisness.

VS027 on 7th December is wide open
There is only 45 seats booked in Economy and 17 in PE
Quite frankly, is it worth the added expense of PE when you will be able to stretch out in Economy?

VS16 on 23rd December
I have NEVER seen an aircraft so empty!!!!
ONLY 6 seats booked in economy
only 9 in PE

We have booked to go to florida for the first time next year (Oct 2008) :cheer2: :cheer2:

It seems so far off but reading this forum helps us plan.

Have booked through VH and have booked cattle class as they quoted me £1876 more for PE!!!!!!! (DH, me, DS & DD)

Obi - when should I approach them again about PE?? I would love to fly PE especially as the kids are due back in school 48 hours after landing back in manchester but cannot afford £1800+

Thanks

It might be worth waiting until you get your Ebooking reference and see if VA have a better price, or failing VH coming up with better prices, try at the airport. However £400 odd per person for an (two way?) upgrade is not bad.

Obi,

I have resisted the temptation for too long now, but I've just gotta know.

We're travelling home PE for the first time in October and I tried to upgrade our friends who are travelling with us from Economy into PE the other day, however, VH told me PE was full - also for some reason have never been able to check their flights on "manage your flights" even with the VA No - although did call and book over the phone so OK now.

Please would you be so kind as to tell me how full each class will be on our flights:-

VS027 10 Oct 10:45
VS016 30 Oct 20:55 (now slightly earlier I think!)

Cheers in advance, I reckon you could make a business of this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, sorry, I have been away on buisness

VS27 10th Oct
Economy only 20 seats free, mostly singles
PE only 8 seats free
UC Only 4 seats free

So quite a full flight

VS16 30th oct
Economy 13 seats only free
PE only 6 seats free
UC ONE seat free

VERY full flight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter