Just upgraded

Andy Lou & Meg

Anywhere else but Disney is not a holiday
On the off chance I though I would phone Virgin to see about upgrading to PE (we normally travel in economey and have never had any problems). I could not believe my ears when they told me it would cost £370 for all 3 of us :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I had to check with DH before I made the booking and he told me to DO IT :rotfl: When I phoned them back to make the change I was half expecting them to tell me that it was £370 each but no for once Virgin were right.

I cannot believe it, not only have we got free dining, free upgrade to SSR we are also flying in PE. I dread to think how much this holiday would be costing us if we actually had to pay for everything.

Now I just need to know what seats to book I can get the upper deck in either rows 76, 78, 79 or 80 or row 82 on lower deck. Anybody have any advice on these seats.

I am so excited I just had to tell you all. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

When are you going? We upgraded a few weeks ago and the invoice came through this morning and the free dp had disappeared. After a few phone calls we have got it back.

without a doubt 79 & 80 upper deck.
best seats, easiest to get away from when arriving, no foot pax going to the toilets in the front of the cabin. Upstairs better than downstairs, more like a private jet than a huge aircraft.

:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :yay:

Brings back great memories of our last Virgin flight PE to Orlando in 2005. Someone posted a link on here and I just rang up on the off chance and managed to get the upgrade also.

Loved upstairs in the bubble, much better than PE downstairs.

Have fun!!! :cheer2:

Obi - Thanks for the seat info. Do you think its better to book 2 on one side and the other on the other side of the asile or behind us.

We travel out on 24 Aug (2 nights ASMo) then 14 nights at SSR

Obi - Thanks for the seat info. Do you think its better to book 2 on one side and the other on the other side of the asile or behind us.

We travel out on 24 Aug (2 nights ASMo) then 14 nights at SSR

If you go for 79 A & C then there are no seats behind you.
79 H & K have 80 H & K behind them.

In that case, I would possibly go for either 79 A&C and H & K OR

79 H & K and 80 H & K

Which flight are you on?

We fly out on VS15 at 12:45 from LGW and back on VS16 at 20:10

On the outbound, only 17 Economy seats are available, only 3 (plus 4 locked seats) are available and in PE 15 seats available. One person in 78H, then 77 A& C and H K next passengers.

On the way back (8th sept?)

26 free in Economy,
7 free seats (plus 4 locked) in Upper Class (only 3 pax ATM)
19 seats free in PE.
Rows 79 & 80 have gone In this case the farther back the better, so 77 & 78 A&C would be your best bet.

Just booked row 79 seats A, C & H for both the outbound and return (Obi we fly back on 9 Sept).

I tried to book it online but was unable to do so so I have had to ring them. I hope row 79 seats A & C are not restriced in their recline as there is nothing behind them.

Obi - thanks for your help, what would we all do without you.

Just booked row 79 seats A, C & H for both the outbound and return (Obi we fly back on 9 Sept).

I tried to book it online but was unable to do so so I have had to ring them. I hope row 79 seats A & C are not restriced in their recline as there is nothing behind them.

Obi - thanks for your help, what would we all do without you.

79 A C & H showing now booked for VS16 on the 9th :-)
21 free seats in PE (21 booked including yours)
only 16 free seats in Economy
5 seats booked in Upper Class
so quite a full economy and PE

Yes the seats recline the same amount as the other PE seats :love:

I wish at the time we booked I had booked PE (when it was at its best price)...and when I read your great news about a recent upgrade I just wonder if its worth ringing? How did you manage to get such a fantastic price? We are off mid aug, do you ring the indian call centre as it took several calls just to get them to resend our etickets as the time had changed on our flight time and I wanted for peace of mind new etickets.

I dont like flying and at least the thought of a little more comfort would make the return journey more bearable, I would love some advice, especially from the great Obi, who is the expert, our return flight is on 31st aug, any advice would be so welcome as its so late to upgrade I imagine it will cost a small fortune...

thanks, I hope you dont mind me asking,

Prue

I just called the general number (Indian call centre). I too was wondering how I got it so cheap and upon further investigation I have discovered Virgin have another sale on at the moment. We originally brought our tickets when the sale was on in April (it never worked out any cheaper to do M+ money).

Our flights in PE have now only cost us £1470 which I think is very cheap.

I would say give them a ring and see how much extra it would be, you never know until you try.

Prue doubt you will get a good price for upgrade in August. Just checked and returning on 31st Aug after a 2 week hol PE are £1,302 each. The dates of the OP were £588 (now gone)
All you can do is ring and ask but I suspect returning when schools have gone back is better for PE prices.

I wish at the time we booked I had booked PE (when it was at its best price)...and when I read your great news about a recent upgrade I just wonder if its worth ringing? How did you manage to get such a fantastic price? We are off mid aug, do you ring the indian call centre as it took several calls just to get them to resend our etickets as the time had changed on our flight time and I wanted for peace of mind new etickets.

I dont like flying and at least the thought of a little more comfort would make the return journey more bearable, I would love some advice, especially from the great Obi, who is the expert, our return flight is on 31st aug, any advice would be so welcome as its so late to upgrade I imagine it will cost a small fortune...

thanks, I hope you dont mind me asking,

Prue

What flight are you on Prue?
Do you know what class your e:ticket is in (as some are not upgradable)
You may be possible to do a cash upgrade at the airport, BUT you may have to upgrade your Economy ticket to an upgradeable econ ticket first then upgrade after that.

WOW great news, i am travelling with them in Sept, i have booked via a travel agent, just wondering if i can upgrade and how much it would be, just waiting for TA to ring so i can explain.

Thanks for posting

On the outbound, only 17 Economy seats are available, only 3 (plus 4 locked seats) are available and in PE 15 seats available. One person in 78H, then 77 A& C and H K next passengers.

On the way back (8th sept?)

26 free in Economy,
7 free seats (plus 4 locked) in Upper Class (only 3 pax ATM)
19 seats free in PE.
Rows 79 & 80 have gone In this case the farther back the better, so 77 & 78 A&C would be your best bet.

Obi - how do you get hold of this info? Wd love to know.

Obi - how do you get hold of this info? Wd love to know.

If I told you that, I would have to kill you... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I can also look at other airlines, not just Virgin by the way.
However, it depends on the system the airline uses and some Charters do not allow any access to seat availability.

If I told you that, I would have to kill you... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I can also look at other airlines, not just Virgin by the way.
However, it depends on the system the airline uses and some Charters do not allow any access to seat availability.

Given what's been happening in our household over the last few days I could quite easily have lost the will to live. :sad2: Do you know if there are any PE seats on the 10.25 VS075 from Manchester on Mon 23 July, or any on the Orlando to Mcr 18.10 VS076 filght on 8 Aug??? Ta :thumbsup2

Sorry to butt in..

I'm picking seat numbers for PE too. I avoided the back rows coz I was worried about noise from the galley and near the front due to the toilets. I think I picked row 77. I am wondering now whether to change to row 79 & 80 and put the children in row 80 so they only have us in front of them. It's a night flight and we want them to be able to sleep as much as is possible.

What do you think?

We not flying until July 08, when will be the best time to call to get these great upgrading prices? We've booked with Virgin Holidays, do we call them or Virgin Atlantic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter