Just upgraded

Given what's been happening in our household over the last few days I could quite easily have lost the will to live. :sad2: Do you know if there are any PE seats on the 10.25 VS075 from Manchester on Mon 23 July, or any on the Orlando to Mcr 18.10 VS076 filght on 8 Aug??? Ta :thumbsup2

VS 75 23rd July Not many seats left at all.
In PE only 71K, 72 H & K, 74C and 82E
Only 5 seats in UC
only 9, yes 9 seats in Economy!

A few more available on VS76 on 8th August
In PE 74 H & K, 76 C & H & K, 77 A & C & H & K, 78 A & C & H & K, 79 A & C and all of row 82.
In Upper Class only the four held back seats around the bar are unbooked, a full UC really.
In Economy
9 seats in Economy

Sorry to butt in..

I'm picking seat numbers for PE too. I avoided the back rows coz I was worried about noise from the galley and near the front due to the toilets. I think I picked row 77. I am wondering now whether to change to row 79 & 80 and put the children in row 80 so they only have us in front of them. It's a night flight and we want them to be able to sleep as much as is possible.

What do you think?

77 is fine, you wont get much noise from the Galley as the crew will want to sleep as well :rotfl: :rotfl:
You are right to keep away from the toilets as you will have constant traffic all through the night.
Personally and it is personal, 80 & 79 are the best seats, but as before 77 is fine as well, but you will have pople around you, they may pull on the seat getting up to go to the loo/galley or just to go for a walk.

Thanks for the advice.

Obi,
We are off on 15th aug vs027 and return 31st aug vs028. We are Q class. I am not really fussed on the way out but like everyone else the return flight at night is not great in steerage! Any advice is welcome, also we are in row 34 on way out and if i remember from previous posts on this subject row 22 or 23 are better positioned if I can get them on 24 hr checkin? Any suggestions for seat preference?

many thanks, you should have your own forum!

Prue

No, it was VA online. I just rang customer services and had one conversation which was not understood so then rang and spoke to someone else and eventually received the information I needed. It took a while though!

VS 75 23rd July Not many seats left at all.
In PE only 71K, 72 H & K, 74C and 82E
Only 5 seats in UC
only 9, yes 9 seats in Economy!

A few more available on VS76 on 8th August
In PE 74 H & K, 76 C & H & K, 77 A & C & H & K, 78 A & C & H & K, 79 A & C and all of row 82.
In Upper Class only the four held back seats around the bar are unbooked, a full UC really.
In Economy
9 seats in Economy

Obi,

Thanks for your help :)

Hodkys

Thanks for the advice.

Obi,
We are off on 15th aug vs027 and return 31st aug vs028. We are Q class. I am not really fussed on the way out but like everyone else the return flight at night is not great in steerage! Any advice is welcome, also we are in row 34 on way out and if i remember from previous posts on this subject row 22 or 23 are better positioned if I can get them on 24 hr checkin? Any suggestions for seat preference?

many thanks, you should have your own forum!

Prue

Q- Discount economy
"Flying Club Miles and Tier Points will be earned on this fare. 100% of mileage flown earned (125% for Flying Club Silver and 150% for Flying Club Gold members). 5th highest level of fare class for Economy, restricted in regards to changes, and changes will attract a fee. Non-refundable and Advance Purchase will be required. Possibly the most common fare class available on Virgin for economy travel. One of the 4 fare classes that are used for Economy Flying Club MilesplusMoney fares (MpM). There will need to be availability in this or the other MpM fares class (X, Q or M, though latter is only for Orlando route during peak season) for you to be able to take advantage of MpM. MilesplusMoney tickets do not earn Tier Points or Flying Club miles regardless of whether its booked under N,X or M class. Advance Purchase will be typically be required."

Rows 21,22 & 23 are best for night flying as the cabin lights get turned off along with PE and being away from the main cabin is quieter.
Failing that rows 25 to 28. I prefer farther forward as less turbulance.

PE is almost full on your return flight, only two seats left
17 empty seats in Economy, so not much room to stretch out.
9 seats in UC

Wow! Thanks Obi so much for all your help. As there are three of us there isnt room for us in PE and I can only dream of a lottery win for UC! I hope you dont mind me asking but are the rows 22-28 available at 24 hr checkin or are they already requested? Also if you want to change your seats at 24 hr check in, you obviously have to change one seat at a time, so what happens when you change one seat and someone else might want the same seat at same time could you end up all split up?? That would be the ultimate you try and change your seat and end up not together? Or am I worrying too much!!

Thank you so much for all your help, getting advice from Obi is like hearing from Kevin Stringer! The two greats from this board!

Thank you again,:cheer2:
Prue

Wow! Thanks Obi so much for all your help. As there are three of us there isnt room for us in PE and I can only dream of a lottery win for UC! I hope you dont mind me asking but are the rows 22-28 available at 24 hr checkin or are they already requested? Also if you want to change your seats at 24 hr check in, you obviously have to change one seat at a time, so what happens when you change one seat and someone else might want the same seat at same time could you end up all split up?? That would be the ultimate you try and change your seat and end up not together? Or am I worrying too much!!

Thank you so much for all your help, getting advice from Obi is like hearing from Kevin Stringer! The two greats from this board!

Thank you again,:cheer2:
Prue

Gosh Thanks for the praise, but I am nowhere near Kevins abilities and expertise.
Yes 22-28 are held back until 24 hour checkin.
I have never heard of anyone being pipped as they actually change seats on their checkin, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Hello,

We are flying with VA but have booked with TCS and were thinking about upgrading to PE but we can't afford £250.00 each again to do this!

I am very interested in the cheaper upgrades, does anyone know how I can maybe try and blag this???

We fly in september from manchester

77 is fine, you wont get much noise from the Galley as the crew will want to sleep as well :rotfl: :rotfl:
You are right to keep away from the toilets as you will have constant traffic all through the night.
Personally and it is personal, 80 & 79 are the best seats, but as before 77 is fine as well, but you will have pople around you, they may pull on the seat getting up to go to the loo/galley or just to go for a walk.

Thanks Obi! I've decided to change our seats to 79 H/K and 80 H/K. We'll put the kids in row 80 so they can (hopefully) sleep and we'll be right in front of them. Then we don't have to worry about people behind or beside them disturbing them. We've never flown long-haul with them before so we want to make the flight as comfortable as possible for them.

Just out of interest (seeing as though you seem to be the resident VA expert). We've booked thru VH and may possibly be interested in upgrading outward flight too but won't be able to decide until the day itself. DH is due a bonus to be paid on that exact day and we won't know the amount until the last minute! Is it easily done, do VA charge an admin fee or is it usually just a case in the difference in fares? Would they do a good deal if seats were available in PE?

Thanks!

Thanks Obi! I've decided to change our seats to 79 H/K and 80 H/K. We'll put the kids in row 80 so they can (hopefully) sleep and we'll be right in front of them. Then we don't have to worry about people behind or beside them disturbing them. We've never flown long-haul with them before so we want to make the flight as comfortable as possible for them.

Just out of interest (seeing as though you seem to be the resident VA expert). We've booked thru VH and may possibly be interested in upgrading outward flight too but won't be able to decide until the day itself. DH is due a bonus to be paid on that exact day and we won't know the amount until the last minute! Is it easily done, do VA charge an admin fee or is it usually just a case in the difference in fares? Would they do a good deal if seats were available in PE?

Thanks!

If you go to the Virgin ticket desk on the day, there should be a note on it saying something like:- "Ask about our upgrades" if there are any seats available then you might be able to upgrade your seat there.
It depends on a whole number of factors, including your ticket class, the amount of overbooking and check ins, the attitude of the Virgin staff on the day :goodvibes

If you go to the Virgin ticket desk on the day, there should be a note on it saying something like:- "Ask about our upgrades" if there are any seats available then you might be able to upgrade your seat there.
It depends on a whole number of factors, including your ticket class, the amount of overbooking and check ins, the attitude of the Virgin staff on the day :goodvibes

Could you still do this at twilight check-in?

Obi, any chance of looking up the VS016 (i think thats the one, the second one out of MCO to Gatwick) for the PE availablity, been offered an upgrade fo £25 each return. (Agent did say there was a LOT of aviablity in econ).

Obi, any chance of looking up the VS016 (i think thats the one, the second one out of MCO to Gatwick) for the PE availablity, been offered an upgrade fo £25 each return. (Agent did say there was a LOT of aviablity in econ).

Date of the flight Terri? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter