Kayleigh and Josh - 2012 **Japan/??/UK** {Mock up of invitation}

I'm thinking of getting our invitations from an Australian company, called Moment of Color.

Their range is fully customisable. You can change the font, colour, materials etc, which is perfect, as we are looking for invitations to match our theme, so they really need to be black, pink and white/silver. They have a huge cherry blossom range so :worship:

Here's some pictures (though they will probably end up being black, pink and white/silver)

Save The Date ($2.50 AUD/ea, min order 50)
momentofcolorsavethedate.gif

Folding Invitations ($5.95 AUD/ea, min order 50)
foldinginvitationfront1.gif

foldinginvitationfront2.gif

Square Invitations ($3.95 AUD/ea, min order 50)
squareinvitation.gif

A6 Folding Invitations ($5.95 AUD/ea, min order 50)
a6folding1.gif

a6folding2.gif

A6 Invitations ($3.95 AUD/ea, min order 50)
a6invite.gif

Tea-length Folding Invitations ($5.95 USDea, min order 50)
tealengthfolding.gif

tealengthfolding2.gif

Tea-length Invitations ($3.95 AUD/ea, min order 50)
tealength.gif

More to follow....

More Moment of Color...

Duo Panel Pocket Invitations ($9.95 AUD/ea, min order 50)
duopanelpocket.gif

duopanelpocket2.gif

Tri Panel Pocket Invitations ($10.95 AUD/ea, min order 50)
tripanel2.gif

I think I like these two the most, though I also love the tea-length ones :confused: The price is a lot more for these two, than for the tea length ones, so I guess that will factor into the decision...Any opinions?

These would fit perfectly with the duo and trio panel pocket invitations :lovestruc

RSPV Card ($2.00 AUD/ea, min order 50)
rsvp.gif

Medium Insert Card ($2.10 AUD/ea, min order 50)
mediuminsert.gif

Large Insert Card ($2.20 AUD/ea, min order 50)
large.gif

They have more, including menus, thankyou cards, favour tags and placecard and table numbers!! I'm on :cloud9:

Kayleigh

*cries* :sad1: I've been in contact with the company, who have just told me they are closing on August 1st! :scared1: Those invitations etc were perfect - I can't stress how perfect they are - so I've got to start all over again >.<

:confused3 :confused:

You're kidding?! It sucks that you don't know your date, otherwise you could just order them now, they might even work you out a deal since they're closing :)

Awww man that does stink....I think you will be able to find similar ones..don't worry.

You're kidding?! It sucks that you don't know your date, otherwise you could just order them now, they might even work you out a deal since they're closing

Nope...not kidding...But even if we did know our date, we wouldn't be able to get them yet, because they cost quite a fair bit so nevermind

Awww man that does stink....I think you will be able to find similar ones..don't worry.

*not worrying now* :thumbsup2

I think I've found a solution :idea: After spending an hour or so trailing the internet for other suitable cherry blossom invitations, I've decided that we're going to make ours. I've found a store online that sells stuff for making pocket invitations...all I have to do is find a cherry blossom stamp so we can add that to it...:confused:

Hopefully, the layout will be something like...

diylayout.jpg

(the lines are just there to show me where the folds etc are)

or

diylayout2.jpg

This way we can have them black, hot pink and with some kind of cherry blossom design on them :yay: And they'll end up being a lot cheaper!

:rolleyes:

Kayleigh x

That is a shame the invitation company is closing. :sad2: But I really love the layout you have come up with! Plus they will be so original! :thumbsup2

But I really love the layout you have come up with! Plus they will be so original!

Thanks! And I can carry the design through everything, from be my bridesmaid? cards to table numbers and programmes etc :woohoo:

DF and I are unsure which of the two above designs to chose...I prefer the one with white on it...any opinions?

Kayleigh x

I like the one with the white best too! It's a great contrast between the pink and the black so they can stand on their own. Plus it will be easier to add the cherrry blossoms and information. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product! :)

Thanks for your opinions! DF and I have decided to go with:

diylayout2.jpg

They will probably be made of a smooth material, rather than a metallic material, and look like this:

blacktiesmooth.jpg

I like the metallic, but DF doesn't :sad2: Would it look naff if the black and white were smooth and the pink was metallic? :confused3

They're going to be in either pearl white or silver metallic envelopes, unless I can find ones in the right colours that will it the 6" x 6" invitations in them :confused:

squaresilver.jpg

The layout - black then pink then white - will be carried through everything else, such as the save the dates, seating plan, table cards, placecards, be my bridesmaid etc :yay: I can't wait to start making them! :banana:

I can't find a cherry blossom stamp that I like - there are plenty, but none of them are really what I'm looking for :confused3 They're all too small, and I would like something like

tripanel.gif

Maybe I could get a cherry blossom punch, somehow add a branch onto the invitations (in black) and then add the hot pink and white/silver punch outs somehow? It would take a lot more time than a stamp, but at least I could get the look I'm going for? I've no idea really about the cherry bossom :confused:

:scared:

I think the invites are going to look stunning whichever way round you choose the colours and types of paper!! They are classic colours which go well together, so they'll look fab whichever way makes you happy :goodvibes I'm not very artistic but I found this stamp on ebay, not sure if its the kind of thing you mean?? Its probably one of the ones you've already seen and hate :lmao:

923a_1.JPG

These would look amazing placed in vases for your reception table centrepieces - they are cherry blossom lights!!

dsp_28_1208280185.jpg

I also came across this candle which I thought was proper cute :cutie:

5408_1.JPG

I like the metallic, but DF doesn't Would it look naff if the black and white were smooth and the pink was metallic?
I don't think so! I think that would look great. :)

These would look amazing placed in vases for your reception table centrepieces - they are cherry blossom lights!!

Oh wow! Those would be really neat to keep with the cherry blossom theme! Great find! :thumbsup2

heheh your invitations are going to look like mine! :yay:

I went with smooth too and had a metallic envelope

I think the invites are going to look stunning whichever way round you choose the colours and types of paper!! They are classic colours which go well together, so they'll look fab whichever way makes you happy :goodvibes
I don't think so! I think that would look great.

Thanks! :hug: I might go into town and grab a couple of sheets in the colours in smooth and metallic, and see what works best :goodvibes

heheh your invitations are going to look like mine!

I took a peek at your invitations - they looked great! The colour combination is gorgeous!

I'm not very artistic but I found this stamp on ebay, not sure if its the kind of thing you mean?? Its probably one of the ones you've already seen and hate :lmao:

I've seen that one, and liked it! The only problem is I don't want one that has a border, or cuts flowers half off :( But otherwise, it would be perfect...

I love the candle too - jusst the right pink! I looked it up on ebay and have it saved now in my ebay :thumbsup2

You're on the same wavelength as me! I'd actually already thought about using these in my centrepieces! :thumbsup2 I'll post more on them when I've got a finished idea! :goodvibes

Kayleigh

Thanks! :hug: I might go into town and grab a couple of sheets in the colours in smooth and metallic, and see what works best :goodvibes

I've seen that one, and liked it! The only problem is I don't want one that has a border, or cuts flowers half off :( But otherwise, it would be perfect...

I love the candle too - jusst the right pink! I looked it up on ebay and have it saved now in my ebay :thumbsup2

You're on the same wavelength as me! I'd actually already thought about using these in my centrepieces! :thumbsup2 I'll post more on them when I've got a finished idea! :goodvibes

Kayleigh

Thats a fab idea! Do a few samples & have a play about with them, you've got plenty of time to get arty :thumbsup2

Aahhh right, I get ya! Well, if I see anything else on my shopping travels I will give you a shout :goodvibes The candle is really pretty - oooo all these ideas your gathering together, you'll need a second idea board soon!! :cutie:

Those lights really would look great as a centerpiece, if I hadnt fell in love with my fountain then I would have gone for a set of those for the dessert party. Although, I think they would look nicer on actual reception tables like you are doing :worship:

kayleigh, I love your japanese theme, it's gonna look so great in epcot

Aahhh right, I get ya! Well, if I see anything else on my shopping travels I will give you a shout :goodvibes The candle is really pretty - oooo all these ideas your gathering together, you'll need a second idea board soon!! :cutie:

I think I need a new one already!! :eek:

Those lights really would look great as a centerpiece, if I hadnt fell in love with my fountain then I would have gone for a set of those for the dessert party. Although, I think they would look nicer on actual reception tables like you are doing :worship:

I know you can get some that are powered via plug, and some that are via battery...I'd really need the battery ones. I want to put them in gel - lol - but I don't think the batteries would like that...:confused3

Initially, I was thinking along the lines of something like, as far as the vases and gel goes

174604centerpieces4.jpg

I'd love to have pink gel/black cherry blossom lights and black gel/pink blossom lights....one table have one combination, and another have another, and so on. I know you can buy some silver/white lights...if I could get my hands on those, it'd be great to have black/pink gel mixture. If I can't have gel, then maybe some decorative gravel type stuff that you can buy...really to make them look nicer and hold them in place :confused3 :confused: Something like that anyway...

Re invitations...

I've found a cherry blossom punch that I could use for the invitations etc. The punchouts would be approximately 15mm big, so just right, I think

106856862_tp.jpg

Kayleigh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter