Keepin' it on the downlow(country) at HHI - New TR link - pg 31

For those of you not in Instagram (and why aren’t you?), here are some things I posted during our New York City trip. Follow me, glennbo123.

By the way, the Manhattan Club (trade-out through RCI) sure is a great location!

IMG_1956_zpsjovlwogy.jpg

IMG_1958_zpsynklevv1.jpg

IMG_1960_zpsixdf8bbm.jpg

IMG_1967_zpsv7mrtgbb.jpg

IMG_1975_zpsswluwjnf.jpg

IMG_1983_zpsifebp0um.jpg

Good to see you GoofyFan, as always. Thanks and congrats to you on Drew's accomplishments also. Future plans?
He signed a scholarship to run Cross Country at a smaller but well respected college in SC. He would have preferred one for soccer, but he is still happy with what he accomplished.

I haven't seen that place yet, except for in trip reports, so it was a must do for sure.
I actually meant lunch as opposed to dinner. Lunch is a little more versatile, and you can pick the dining room where you want to sit........but also easily go to some of the other rooms for pictures.

Wait, what? Did they mess up Pat's order? I don't remember that one. This selection is obviously Marlene's choice.
I think it was during the Meet in the Dump Shop Rosie trip. Pat has a few different allergies, but most are just a case of knowing what is used in preparation for certain foods. As long as she doesn't have too much of too many of those items in a short period of time, she is usually fine or at least needs to take a Pepcid or something. Well, she has a nice allergy card made and laminated, which usually works well. They saw garlic and mentioned it was on the crust of the chicken she ordered. She told them that would not be an issue, and also that she could have the bread. But when everything came, they would not let her have the bread (gluten maybe...........which she doesn't even have an issue with) and they had taken all the skin off her chicken, even though she said not necessary. So she ended up with skinless (tasteless/spiceless) chicken and some rather bland broccoli, and a different rather bland bread. It was like buying your basic rotisserie chicken, peeling off the skin, and broccoli you could take out of the freezer and cook in the microwave. :mad:

Sorry, not on instagram..........twitter..........or anything like that! Don't want to be, not interested in it. So I appreciate you posting the pictures. Looks like a great time and some wonderful experiences and food, but I really like this picture of you three with the skyline and the ESB in the background! :banana:

Wait, what? Did they mess up Pat's order? I don't remember that one. This selection is obviously Marlene's choice.

I think it was during the Meet in the Dump Shop Rosie trip. Pat has a few different allergies, but most are just a case of knowing what is used in preparation for certain foods. As long as she doesn't have too much of too many of those items in a short period of time, she is usually fine or at least needs to take a Pepcid or something. Well, she has a nice allergy card made and laminated, which usually works well. They saw garlic and mentioned it was on the crust of the chicken she ordered. She told them that would not be an issue, and also that she could have the bread. But when everything came, they would not let her have the bread (gluten maybe...........which she doesn't even have an issue with) and they had taken all the skin off her chicken, even though she said not necessary. So she ended up with skinless (tasteless/spiceless) chicken and some rather bland broccoli, and a different rather bland bread. It was like buying your basic rotisserie chicken, peeling off the skin, and broccoli you could take out of the freezer and cook in the microwave. :mad:

Basically what he said ^. Not quite sure what the deal was that day, but yes even though I "traffic light" the allergies - red for the can't have, yellow- for those in small amounts and green- for those I test positive to but have little or no reaction to and eat on a regular basis. All that is on the card too but I am learning some chefs don't have a lot of experience with allergies or just don't read. I think the chef may not have wanted to give me French Fries..... so plain broccoli - nothing at all on it and very plain skinless chicken. Not what I was expecting for my French meal. :rolleyes:

Aw, that's a shame. You definitely want your childhood home to at least kind of look the same. Oh well, life goes on!

You kind of do, but I totally understand. We had a pretty big lot and a 3 bed/ 1 bath ranch on there. It is now a 2 story house. I really need to drive by since the street view is making it look so small. Then again it could be my childhood imagination.
Sometimes the past is best left in my imagination. :)

Thanks for sharing the NY pics and congrats to Marlene. Looking forward to reading about all your exploits.

Glad you guys had fun in NYC! Can't wait to hear all about the trip(s).

Jill in CO

LOVE the pictures of your trip to New York with Marlene and Judy. Looks like a great time.

Finally got a chance to sit and read... I LOVE your first portion of TRIP, 2015! Haven't been to NY since I was a small child, but it still looks fabulous. Your Indian meal looks delicious! WOWZA! Super yummy. Hope you're having a wonderful time as your trip marches on.

I'll come back to do proper replies at some future time, but at least wanted to get on here to wish you Greetings from the Boardwalk! We're here and having a great time, although some storms rolled through tonight.

I'll come back to do proper replies at some future time, but at least wanted to get on here to wish you Greetings from the Boardwalk! We're here and having a great time, although some storms rolled through tonight.
Welcome Home Glennbo family! :cheer2:

Hope you are having a great time! Congrats to Marlene I need to look you up on Instagram not on there much

For those of you not in Instagram (and why aren’t you?), here are some things I posted during our New York City trip. Follow me, glennbo123.

Because I'm on Facebook and if you just link your Instagram to your Facebook account, then none of need to join Instragram.

We're back! We got in last night; it was a great trip, as expected. We're all tired. I tried to do some work this morning and it took me way longer than usual, partly due to the vacation-fog still clouding my brain (and partly due to connectivity issues). I have to increase the RAM on our home computer before I download all of my pictures, but after that I can start to work on the new trip report.

He signed a scholarship to run Cross Country at a smaller but well respected college in SC. He would have preferred one for soccer, but he is still happy with what he accomplished.

That's great Marv. I'm sure you're very proud, and you should be!

I actually meant lunch as opposed to dinner. Lunch is a little more versatile, and you can pick the dining room where you want to sit........but also easily go to some of the other rooms for pictures.

Ah, yes. That's what I'd gathered from reading others' comments and trip reports. Plus, it's less expensive.

Oh, wow. That wouldn't be too much fun...not at these prices. We didn't have an issue. By that point in the trip, Lauren was tired of explaining her pea allergy and just preferred to look out for them on her own. Judy still spoke with the waiters/chefs about her gluten issues, and they usually just pointed out which items on the menu she needed to avoid.

Sorry, not on instagram..........twitter..........or anything like that! Don't want to be, not interested in it. So I appreciate you posting the pictures. Looks like a great time and some wonderful experiences and food, but I really like this picture of you three with the skyline and the ESB in the background! :banana:

I get it...not being on Facebook. But I like Instagram.

Thanks!

Basically what he said ^. Not quite sure what the deal was that day, but yes even though I "traffic light" the allergies - red for the can't have, yellow- for those in small amounts and green- for those I test positive to but have little or no reaction to and eat on a regular basis. All that is on the card too but I am learning some chefs don't have a lot of experience with allergies or just don't read. I think the chef may not have wanted to give me French Fries..... so plain broccoli - nothing at all on it and very plain skinless chicken. Not what I was expecting for my French meal. :rolleyes:

Ambience is nice, but you still want some good food, for sure!

Yeah, we had some meals where they were almost too concerned about allergy issues.

You kind of do, but I totally understand. We had a pretty big lot and a 3 bed/ 1 bath ranch on there. It is now a 2 story house. I really need to drive by since the street view is making it look so small. Then again it could be my childhood imagination.
Sometimes the past is best left in my imagination. :)

Yes, it's funny how you can remember houses from your childhood as being huge but it turns out you were just a little person in a big world at the time.

Thanks for sharing the NY pics and congrats to Marlene. Looking forward to reading about all your exploits.

You're welcome Disneybuckeye. Thanks, hope to get started one of these days. I need to get Marlene writing...she has a music camp in a couple of weeks and then before we know it she'll be off to college.

Nice work at the bottom of pg. 29. ;)

:teeth:

Glad you guys had fun in NYC! Can't wait to hear all about the trip(s).

Jill in CO

It was a great time! Thanks.

LOVE the pictures of your trip to New York with Marlene and Judy. Looks like a great time.

It was. We felt like we were right near everything, staying at the Manhattan Club.

Finally got a chance to sit and read... I LOVE your first portion of TRIP, 2015! Haven't been to NY since I was a small child, but it still looks fabulous. Your Indian meal looks delicious! WOWZA! Super yummy. Hope you're having a wonderful time as your trip marches on.

We had a great time. We actually ate pretty inexpensively. That was the best Indian food I've had in I don't know how long. Our Indian options are pretty mediocre where we live. And that was probably our most expensive meal and it was maybe around $70, including tip! It helps to travel with healthy eaters who are happy eating at veggie places.
Welcome Home Glennbo family! :cheer2:

It was great to hear that!

Enjoy your trip; can't wait to be back at the Boardwalk in October.

We did! Left it intact for you as well.

Hope you are having a great time! Congrats to Marlene I need to look you up on Instagram not on there much

We did, thanks Tammie!

Because I'm on Facebook and if you just link your Instagram to your Facebook account, then none of need to join Instragram.

I would...but I'm not on Facebook! :laughing: I'm one of the last holdouts, just have never gotten around to doing it. :tilt:

Welcome back Glen! sounds like a wonderful trip!

And btw, I am not on Facebook either! So, you are in good company!

By that point in the trip, Lauren was tired of explaining her pea allergy and just preferred to look out for them on her own

Yup been there. That;s when I got my surprise peas on the chicken alfredo at WPE. It was not listed.... :scared:

Then again I have those "hidden" ingredients where I just need the list of ingredients- why is that so hard.

WAVE- good WCC - not so much France - not good Kona- good Coral Reef- so -so

Judy still spoke with the waiters/chefs about her gluten issues, and they usually just pointed out which items on the menu she needed to avoid.

I guess they always brought her out special bread? They brought it to me even though I do not have gluten issues.... :rolleyes1

Yeah, we had some meals where they were almost too concerned about allergy issues.

Rule #1 - Let the allergic person decide.... we know how we react and if we can have it. Don't save me from myself. :laughing:

Some places I don't tell them the obvious. Soy at the Japanese place -Tomatoes at Via. I know it will be in everything, so I just take something, be more careful on everything else for a bit and adjust accordingly.

Flower and Garden and Food and Wine I still struggle a bit. I wish they would use my idea of the QR code on the kiosk for the ingredient lists. They say the ingredients can change- well then change the list. I can pare down the list of things I might want to try with the list. F & G last year required a person in the kiosk to call the chef, better but luckily there was not a line, it took a good 15-20 minutes.... there has to be a better way.

Looking forward to hearing which of your choices were better than others. :goodvibes

Welcome back, Glenn. I'm glad you had a great trip (and left the Boardwalk intact for me). Please be sure to send me a bat signal when you start the TR. Since I removed my reports, I don't come on the DIS very much anymore, but will try to follow along.

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter