Kidney stones SUCK- Question page 5

I was first reading this thread Thursday afternoon sitting in the ER with my DH while he was being treated for his bout with kidney stones. We were seen quickly. An IV was started and given some pain medication and something for the nausea. I waited in the treatment room while he went for a CT scan and he was only gone for about 10 minutes. Must have been a slow day. After a wait, the Dr. came back and said there were a few stones waiting to come down and then he asked if my DH knew he had an abdominal aortic aneurysm? We had no idea about this. He said it was 5.8 cm big and that he had called a surgeon to make an appointment. DH was told to go home and to pretty much not do anything before his appointment on Monday. Surgery most likely is in his very near future. So, in his case, those painful kidney stones may have saved his life!

On a side note, he has passed one stone this a.m. and now another one is trying to get out. ;) Thank goodness for good drugs.

Sorry to hear of your troubles! I've had them a few times-first time I knew I needed to get to the ER because something wasn't right.Was hooked up to an IV and was given Dilaudid.What a wonder drug! Still could feel the pain,sort of,but your insides feel like velvet,and you just go with it! Passed those finally.Now if I feel a twinge,I start chugging water and get on the treadmill-motion helps them pass.Hot lemon juice and water every morning.Hope you feel better soon!

So, question..

Is it possible to pass 2 5mm stones without knowing it? It seems really, really unlikely but I haven't had any pain since Tuesday night. My hope is that they're gone and I was just lucky. My fear is that they're lying dormant until they decide to flare up again.

So, question..

Is it possible to pass 2 5mm stones without knowing it? It seems really, really unlikely but I haven't had any pain since Tuesday night. My hope is that they're gone and I was just lucky. My fear is that they're lying dormant until they decide to flare up again.

Honestly no way to know without going in for an ultrasound. They could have broken up/dissolved and gotten passed or could still be in there.

Honestly no way to know without going in for an ultrasound. They could have broken up/dissolved and gotten passed or could still be in there.

I have a follow up with my gp in two weeks and apparently I'll be scheduled for another ct scan at that time.

I'm supposed to start my return to work job search now but I'm scared to be in the middle of an interview and have the pain strike again. Heck, I'm scared to leave the house now.

I have a follow up with my gp in two weeks and apparently I'll be scheduled for another ct scan at that time.

I'm supposed to start my return to work job search now but I'm scared to be in the middle of an interview and have the pain strike again. Heck, I'm scared to leave the house now.

Are you drinking tons of water?

So, question..

For me, personally, the worst pain is when the stone travels from the kidney into the bladder. I never noticed if I passed a stone unless I strained and attempted to catch it. Keep Advil and water on you and be ready in case you start feeling pain to start to manage it. That's what I do.

I was first reading this thread Thursday afternoon sitting in the ER with my DH while he was being treated for his bout with kidney stones. We were seen quickly. An IV was started and given some pain medication and something for the nausea. I waited in the treatment room while he went for a CT scan and he was only gone for about 10 minutes. Must have been a slow day. After a wait, the Dr. came back and said there were a few stones waiting to come down and then he asked if my DH knew he had an abdominal aortic aneurysm? We had no idea about this. He said it was 5.8 cm big and that he had called a surgeon to make an appointment. DH was told to go home and to pretty much not do anything before his appointment on Monday. Surgery most likely is in his very near future. So, in his case, those painful kidney stones may have saved his life!

On a side note, he has passed one stone this a.m. and now another one is trying to get out. ;) Thank goodness for good drugs.
Oh my goodness. I'm surprised they sent him home with that aneurysm. I sure hope he is better very soon

:grouphug: AND, Hope for the best.

Once the stones drop into the bladder the pain goes away. So, you may not have seen them since they are sitting in the bladder. The good news...in bladder, no more pain! At some point they usually pass out of the bladder on their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter