kids clubs

snowmouse

DIS Veteran
We are spending most of our trip in February at POR, including Valentine's day. DH and I would really like to go out to dinner alone this one night. Are there any club options for our DD6 while we are staying at a moderate, or is this only a perk for deluxe guests. I know we can do a Fairy Godmother, but I think she would be much happier in a club.

You can use any kids club no matter which Disney hotel you are staying at. Just choose a club that is close to where you are going to dine.

My kids have been to the Mouseketter club at the GF and the Sandcastle club at the Beach Club. They much preferred the SC at the Beach Club. They were 5 and 7 when they used it.

Loads of video games, computers, toys, a room with dolls, stuffed animals, play kitchens, the cm's there will make crafts with them, etc.

While its true that only the Deluxe Resorts have the Kids Clubs anyone can use them. We usually choose the kids club closest to where we want to dine. Generally we go to the boardwalk for our night out and the girls go to the BC/YC or Boardwalk kids club. Their favorite was Simba's at AKL so we may spend an evening there at Jiko and enjoying the resort while the kids have their night out.

TJ

That will make this so much nicer! Does anyone know how to/ and how far in advance to reserve a spot? Also, what is the cost?

We used Neveland Club at the Poly for dd. She loved it. It was $8 an hour, but that may have gone up. I would call and book it asap. We booked it when we did our room ressies. DD, now 9, can't wait to go back in Aug. so she can do Neverland Club again.

Originally posted by snowmouse
That will make this so much nicer! Does anyone know how to/ and how far in advance to reserve a spot? Also, what is the cost?

It is now $10 per hour and at most resorts it includes a meal at some resorts the meal is extra. I believe you can reserve a spot 120 days in advance. Just call the regular dining number
1-407-939-3463

Hi , We went to Simba's Clubhouse in early Dec . my kids are 9 and 6 and they had a great time. I noticed there were more boys ( 7 or 8 ) and fewer girls ( 3 including my dd ) there were movies free video games, loads of toys and 3 really nice staff. I paid $10.00 per kid per hour and it included dinner and drink . it was the best $60.00 spent on my trip - saved my sanity ( i am a single mom so no other options for time alone ) hope this helps Michelle

I would make your ressie at whichever kids club is closest to where you would like to eat.

If in the MK area, I would choose the Neverland Club. There is no time limit there (some clubs require you pick up the kids within 4 hours, so be sure to ask), and the meal is included. If at WL then the Cub's Den, also no time limit, but you have to pay extra for the meal. If in the Epcot area, then the Sandcastle Club at the Beach Club Resort. We haven't used it, but have talked to those who run it, and it seems very nice. Don't know if the meal is included, or if there is a time limit, though. And finally, if at AKL then Simba's Club. I believe the meal is included here, as well. Don't know about the time limit.

One word, if you are going to DTD for the evening, plan to leave and catch a bus back to wherever your kids are staying about 1 hour prior to the time the kids club closes. Also, you might want to think about taking a cab from the kids club back to PO-R, as otherwise you will have to transfer at DTD, which can be a nightmare later at night. We always do the cab, and the extra $10 bucks is definitely worth it to eliminate the hassle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter