Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes - Part 6

Compliments to all of you guys!! All these clothes are WONDERFUL!! I wish I had the talent to do this!! I'm only 16, so its not too late to start right?! ;)

-TizianaL

Compliments to all of you guys!! All these clothes are WONDERFUL!! I wish I had the talent to do this!! I'm only 16, so its not too late to start right?! ;)

-TizianaL

You have plenty of time to learn. I learned to sew when I was 12 but didn't start to really sew until I was 16. The simplicity patterns are the easiest IMO to learn to sew with.

We are going to WDW in June, and I am going to try and make my dd a few customs. I am just wondering what do you do with the disney themed customs that you make for the kids after your trip? Do they wear them out and about, wear them to school, ....etc or are they just wear to Disney World or Disney Land clothes?

We don't even wait for the trip to wear our clothes. We wear them before, during and after. No need to keep those cute clothes hidden in a closet.

I'm trying to thumb through the pics to see what you all have been up to and I saw this -
first of all, GREAT JOB HEATHER! It's BEAUTIMOUS!!!!!
Second -
Tom: YOU COULD NEVER BUTCHER ANYTHING, YOU MEANIE HEAD! :rotfl2:
:rotfl: Hey! I resemble that remark!

This is what we're doing today....can you guess...Yesterday was Lexie's 5th birthday. So today we're having her party..
Here is a video of her with her new singing balloon...
Sorry it's sideways...LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fVUBVRMDe8

Love that balloon. Where'd you get that? Leigh's birthday is next month, and that is just the neatest thing!

Hello everyone....I have been scanning and love the adorable outfits posted this week. And thank you to everyone on the kind compliments on the girls outfits. You all are the bestest!!!! So sweet and supportive and kind and generous :lovestruc and of course creative and funny too! :rotfl2: I love you gals and guys!!!! :goodvibes

We are going to WDW in June, and I am going to try and make my dd a few customs. I am just wondering what do you do with the disney themed customs that you make for the kids after your trip? Do they wear them out and about, wear them to school, ....etc or are they just wear to Disney World or Disney Land clothes?

We wear them all the time, anywhere!

Teresa: love the story about Corey! I bet he was the cutest ringbearer!

Here is my DD6 outfit I finished
HPIM1351.jpg

A closeup of the shirt. I had made this originally with elastic around the arms, but Kenzie didn't like them, so I cut off the elastic.
HPIM1352.jpg

And just because, my new puppy and kitty snuggling together!
HPIM1350.jpg

-TizianaL
Jump right in and try something! Check out the bookmarks for some free patterns. Then, come back and show us what you did!!!

Hello everyone....I have been scanning and love the adorable outfits posted this week. And thank you to everyone on the kind compliments on the girls outfits. You all are the bestest!!!! So sweet and supportive and kind and generous :lovestruc and of course creative and funny too! :rotfl2: I love you gals and guys!!!! :goodvibes
:hug: We love you too! :hug:

We wear them all the time, anywhere!

Teresa: love the story about Corey! I bet he was the cutest ringbearer!

He was adorable!!! He was the ringbearer at our brother's wedding the year after too. Sooooo cute!!!! I need to find those pictures somewhere. Hey Heather, do you have that picture of Corey??

Here is my DD6 outfit I finished
th_HPIM1351.jpg

And just because, my new puppy and kitty snuggling together!
th_HPIM1350.jpg

That top turned out beautifully!!! Is that satin sparkly?

I hated elastic around my arms as a kid too! Drove me NUTS! I also hated lines across the toes of my socks, tags, bumpy seams, itchy thread....my poor Mom, there was only one kind of tights that I would wear, and one type of sock that didn't drive me absolutely insane. I remember crying because I had to wear tights that had aline across my toe. And, we wore tights at least three times a week! Thankfully, my kids don't have any issues like that!

Sometimes, I think I just share way too much information!

That top turned out beautifully!!! Is that satin sparkly?

I hated elastic around my arms as a kid too! Drove me NUTS! I also hated lines across the toes of my socks, tags, bumpy seams, itchy thread....my poor Mom, there was only one kind of tights that I would wear, and one type of sock that didn't drive me absolutely insane. I remember crying because I had to wear tights that had aline across my toe. And, we wore tights at least three times a week! Thankfully, my kids don't have any issues like that!

Sometimes, I think I just share way too much information!

Yep, the satin is sparky, and I am gad I am done with those outfits. I posted Caitlyn's a few days ago, and I may add a binding to the skirt. My two girls are PICKY about the arms of their shirts! Drives me insane! LOL!

That is a very nice sewing machine. I wish I would have seen that one when I bought the one that I have. Not that I'm complaining my machine is nice but that one is super nice.

I have been off work for the past two days, and have been watching hsn.:rolleyes1 I am talking myself into this machine. 60 bucks a month, I could probably swing that! :thumbsup2

Well, I finally got around to making my son some Pokemon jammies! Months ago, Cindee (livndisney) sent me some Pokemon fabric that she found in her stash. I was soooo excited -- let me just tell you the ladies on the Disboutique thread are truly one in a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, my son went to the doctor yesterday to find out that he has strep and he had to get a shot. I felt sorry for him so I thought to brighten his spirits I would finally make the Pokemon jammies. I was just going to surprise him but he saw me with the fabric (he hadn't even seen it yet), he was super excited!!!!!

This pic is terrible but you can get an idea of what they look like. I cut out 3 of the Pokemon from the fabric to applique and after I get them on the shirt he kept asking me to do more -- I told him he was insane!! I am still not great at appliqueing but this game be looooooooottttttsssss of practice. I appliqued around every little bit except for the tiny eyes.

pokemonjammies.jpg
pokemonappliques.jpg
Those turned out really cute! Looks like you made his day.
Here are the rest of my princess onsies. What do you think, I am beginner and don't know how to sew and don't own a sewing machine so I am limited on what I can do.

100_0930.jpg

100_0929.jpg

100_0928.jpg

These are adorable! Your DD will be so cute wearing them. Now she needs a Mickey Head one, or a Minnie head.

This is very cute! When I first started, I used fabric paint to "appliqué" too. Using the machine isn't that much harder though, I promise!

Cute! I love the ruffled gaucho jeans! I bought those pillowcases too and I have yet to cut into them.

Hi Amy,

I got the scraps in the mail today!! Thank you so much - Wow - Monsters Inc???? So Exciting!!

Im still looking for some Disney scraps to make my big 40 mickey head sweatshirt and I'd be happy to paypal postage!! They really dont have to be big at all, just big enough to cut out a mickey head out of!!

Thanks So Much!! Wendy

I am glad you are still looking because I sent you some Tuesday. I was hoping I wasn't too late!

I think Leslie made something like that. I love the pink and green and black together and the ruffle looks perfect to me. The Tessa/Megan is my favorite pose! :rotfl:

I wanted to share with you all the kinds of links Teresa sends me from ebay:

VINTAGE Baby / Child BONNET Silk w/ Ferret Heads
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180202824737&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1123

You really MUST see it! :rotfl2:

Wow! I'd better not get on Teresa's ebay distribution list, because I would spend all day looking at weird stuff and wouldn't get anything done!

I'll throw in a few more :worship: :worship: for you. The dress is spectacular.

That is me as Megara. I made all of the Hercules Family outfits including the stuffed Pegasus head :) The Meg dress was a JcPenny's formal dress that I modified. We had a blast at the Halloween Party and were selected to ride in the Boo Too You Parade. That was in 2005 when they still chose people to ride in the parade.

I also created all of the other costumes in the photos with the exception of the red power ranger. That wasn't my kid :goodvibes I absolutely love to come up with original Halloween Costumes. Someday I'll have to scan all of my old photos in as there are a lot of costumes over the last 15 years.
As you can see my crafty sides floats all over the place. We even designed and built the deck that the Micky Head Lights are on. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Deb

I love your tie-dye mickey shirts! You are very talented!

That spa robe looks so comfy: I want one! I think your stuff looks very "boutique!"

Poor baby! I hope he is feeling better by now. That is very smart to make a blanket out of the pillowcase. My son also has several he drags around to curl up in.

I am slowly making my way through the thread: love all the new stuff (and new friends!).

These are adorable! Your DD will be so cute wearing them. Now she needs a Mickey Head one, or a Minnie head.

Hehe, that is on my to do list for tonight. I was going to do it last night but I wasn't feeling the greatest and I was too lazy to print the mickey head.

To the poster who asked about what we do with our customs after the trip. We wear ours all the time! My girls love it and so do I so we wear them before, after, and during!

Here are the rest of my princess onsies. What do you think, I am beginner and don't know how to sew and don't own a sewing machine so I am limited on what I can do.

th_100_0930.jpg
th_100_0929.jpg
th_100_0928.jpg

These are very cute! They're going to be great with a princes twirly skirt ;)

Well, I finally got around to making my son some Pokemon jammies! Months ago, Cindee (livndisney) sent me some Pokemon fabric that she found in her stash. I was soooo excited -- let me just tell you the ladies on the Disboutique thread are truly one in a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, my son went to the doctor yesterday to find out that he has strep and he had to get a shot. I felt sorry for him so I thought to brighten his spirits I would finally make the Pokemon jammies. I was just going to surprise him but he saw me with the fabric (he hadn't even seen it yet), he was super excited!!!!!

This pic is terrible but you can get an idea of what they look like. I cut out 3 of the Pokemon from the fabric to applique and after I get them on the shirt he kept asking me to do more -- I told him he was insane!! I am still not great at appliqueing but this game be looooooooottttttsssss of practice. I appliqued around every little bit except for the tiny eyes.

th_pokemonjammies.jpg
th_pokemonappliques.jpg

Cute jammies! Sorry your DS is sick. Hope he's feeling better real soon!

-TizianaL

Now is a GREAT time to start! Do you have the chance to take a class at school? That would be a great starting point. If not, find a machine, ask someone to help you learn to thread it and start doing straight stitches, and off you go! We'd all love to help you get started, and, of course, see what you create!

OH, I think I want this sewing machine! Mine is old, and the only stitch functions it has is straight stitch and zigzag stitch. What do you guys think?

http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/todays-special_xh.aspx?!LNTS&cm_sp=Global*LNTV*TS&ocm=todspc

This looks like a great machine. I do need to put in my traditional plug for this machine however.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4764726
It seems to have the same functions as the one that you listed. There are many here that have this machine and love it. It costs a bit less than the one you posted. It doesn't have flexpay, however. Just thought I'd throw it out there - I've not heard of anyone being disappointed in this machine.
Good luck in your decision - I say a new machine is always a great thing!

Well..I finally have something to post... Anyway, I finally finished this two Valentine Day stripwork jumper. One is for my dd, and the other one is for one of her little friends...I am unsure yet which one I will keep and which one I will give away. They are very similar and too similar, I think but I wanted to work with the fabric that I already bought.

I am thinking of making the portrait peasant top to wear inside...do you think a pink top, a red top or a white top will work the best?

Here's the first one...
IMG_3646p.jpg

and the second one...
IMG_3634p.jpg

I'M DONE!!!!

Here is the Cinderella Mouse-made (I wish the mice made it) dress!!

Doing the Lydia:
1-22-08front.jpg
Cinderellainmadebymicedress.jpg

Doing the Megan:
1-22-08sittingonbed.jpg

Doing the Tessa:
1-22-08Cinderelladressclose.jpg
1-22-08birdandbowclosesmall.jpg

Just because Josie looks so cute with her haircut and her Tinkerbell jacket:
1-22-08TessaandJosie.jpg

I need to find her a blue necklace like Cinderella's now! This is the bow she wanted in her hair and I wasn't going to argue!

That is so cute!

These are very cute! They're going to be great with a princes twirly skirt ;)

Cute jammies! Sorry your DS is sick. Hope he's feeling better real soon!

Now is a GREAT time to start! Do you have the chance to take a class at school? That would be a great starting point. If not, find a machine, ask someone to help you learn to thread it and start doing straight stitches, and off you go! We'd all love to help you get started, and, of course, see what you create!

This looks like a great machine. I do need to put in my traditional plug for this machine however.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4764726
It seems to have the same functions as the one that you listed. There are many here that have this machine and love it. It costs a bit less than the one you posted. It doesn't have flexpay, however. Just thought I'd throw it out there - I've not heard of anyone being disappointed in this machine.
Good luck in your decision - I say a new machine is always a great thing!

Shannon,
is this the machine you have? I was JUST looking at this machine at Wallyword. ( I keep telling myself I don't NEED a new machine........)

Is there any other knitters on here??? if so are you part of Ravelry - I'm Flea on there too - I'd love to see your creations.

I knit. I have been knitting for 10 years.

So am I the only one that starts planning what to pack and getting things organized well in advance? Our trip is in March and I am already making lists. Am I crazy?

No you're not crazy, I am not going until Nov 2009 to WDW and planning right now, even if it's only in my head.:lmao:

This is what we're doing today....can you guess...Yesterday was Lexie's 5th birthday. So today we're having her party..
Here is a video of her with her new singing balloon...
Sorry it's sideways...LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fVUBVRMDe8

Happy Birthday Lexie

My DD6 would love those.

100_0930.jpg

100_0929.jpg

100_0928.jpg

Those are so cute.

Here is my CASED Nemo outfit i made for my neighbor's lil girl who adores "memo"

Nemoed.jpg

So cute, love it

-TizianaL

I'm 37 and just starting to learn to sew. So you have LOTS of time to learn.

Well..I finally have something to post... Anyway, I finally finished this two Valentine Day stripwork jumper. One is for my dd, and the other one is for one of her little friends...I am unsure yet which one I will keep and which one I will give away. They are very similar and too similar, I think but I wanted to work with the fabric that I already bought.

I am thinking of making the portrait peasant top to wear inside...do you think a pink top, a red top or a white top will work the best?

Here's the first one...
IMG_3646p.jpg

and the second one...
IMG_3634p.jpg

I love them both. I would do white tops underneath.

Hello, Everyone! Ok so I have not been on for a week and I am going back to read everything! I may be a while!
But I have been busy with the holiday weekend, my kids had a cheer competition and a ton of sewing. All while my husband left for 4 days to visit his grandma in terlingua, TX and I had all 3 kids with no break! whew! I have been busy. here is a sneak preview of a few things I finished!

IMG_0590.jpg

Anastasia does not like this outfit and says the skirt is for little kids - so Josephine now has it in her closet!
IMG_0594.jpg

Lori

That top outfit is amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter