Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes - Part 6

I never learned to play either. And, I'm going to tell this story, because Vicki was not at this particular gathering of Brian's friends (she made me feel welcome from the first time I met her! :hug: )....
But, the first time we went to the UP to visit his friends, they played Euchre for FOUR HOURS (at least) STRAIGHT!!! And, would NOT tell me how to play, even though I asked them to teach me! I ended up spending the day with their two little boys! Who, while very sweet, were not the most entertaining company! ;)

I hope that I made you feel welcome and that you aren't just saying that. We were all so happy that Brian had found you. It must have been really hard coming into that friendship. Those four were VERY close. It was hard for me sometimes and I lived through part of it with them. I can't imagine marrying one of them.

Chuck & I will have to make sure when we come down state for one of our camping trips that we spend some time in your neck of the woods. Chuck & I will teach you to play Euchre. We don't play often any more. We want to get to the Holland area in our new camper to see our old friends. Chuck hasn't been back since we moved.

Where did you get your fabric???????? This outfit is so cute, I love it.

I pm'd ya!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words...Here's a few more...

Mickey Boy Overalls.....

100_1222-1.jpg

what size is your boy????????????

I ended up being so far behind, I've been busy the last 3 days. Sorry I didn't quote everyone!
You have all posted some adorable creations. I loved them all.
Tarazandra! I love your WDW pictures. I really liked Tabitha's outfits. I have a DD who just turned 7 and I think she would like those. She doesn't like skirts or dresses. Your little girl is adorable too.

This is what we're doing today....can you guess...Yesterday was Lexie's 5th birthday. So today we're having her party..
Here is a video of her with her new singing balloon...
Sorry it's sideways...LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fVUBVRMDe8
:cake: pixiedust: Happy Birthday Lexie!

Mickey Boy Overalls.....

100_1222-1.jpg

100_1223.jpg

Snow White....

100_1162.jpg

Cinderella....

100_1172.jpg

100_1191.jpg

All your stuff is adorable! Your photos turned out great. Hope you had lots of fun.

My sister found me some Hannah Montana Flannel!:banana: :banana: :banana:

I am so excited, but I can't find the right font.

Stephres, can you point me in the right direction?

How is your back feeling? I hope you are getting better.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments on my girls customs :goodvibes:

I'M DONE!!!!

Here is the Cinderella Mouse-made (I wish the mice made it) dress!!

th_1-22-08front.jpg
th_Cinderellainmadebymicedress.jpg

That is fabulous! Great design and you did a wonderful job!

:laughing: OK here they are....pics of the pillowcase dress and my DD9's outfit.

I loved :lovestruc the whole princess and couldnt bear to cut her head off :scared: for the bodice, so I made it into a huge applique! ;) I made the top big enough to wear for the next year or so in hopes that a Disney vacation will materialize.....popcorn::

th_IMGP4913.jpg

th_IMGP4908.jpg

Very cute! I really like what you did to the jeans.

Okay, I am not going to keep being a tease;) Here is my latest creation that I cased from someone on this thread, but I am sorry I don't know who! Like I said, I have had this in the works for quite some time!

th_disboutique-2.jpg

I love the fabrics! The style is very cute, I might have to CASE your CASE :rotfl:

th_IMG_0590.jpg

Anastasia does not like this outfit and says the skirt is for little kids - so Josephine now has it in her closet!
th_IMG_0594.jpg

Lori

Great job! I'm thinking I need to find a Kmart to look for those pillowcases :)

Hi girls!

We just got back from Disney a little while ago and I wanted to share some pictures of the outfits I made...Enjoy!

Everything came out wonderfully! I hope you had a great trip!

:cool1: Wooohooo after 4 months of trying to get my machine to co-operate and do some shirring - finally I succeeded - I went to visit a friend and she had a similar sewing machine and she showed me what she needed to do (a bit long winded but who cares if it works). So I just had to share with my new sewing buddies :goodvibes I'm so excited - this opens a whole new world of outfits for me :rolleyes1

th_177.jpg

Oh and can someone give me measurements of a 4-5 year old - I can use my eldest DD for the 3yo stuff as that is how old my youngest will be when we go - but have no idea how big a 5 year old is :confused3

Good job on the shirring! For the measurements, I would choose your favorite clothing store and look at their online site and their size chart. That way you already know if their clothes are true to size, or a little big or small. Good luck!

Well, I finally got around to making my son some Pokemon jammies! Months ago, Cindee (livndisney) sent me some Pokemon fabric that she found in her stash. I was soooo excited -- let me just tell you the ladies on the Disboutique thread are truly one in a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, my son went to the doctor yesterday to find out that he has strep and he had to get a shot. I felt sorry for him so I thought to brighten his spirits I would finally make the Pokemon jammies. I was just going to surprise him but he saw me with the fabric (he hadn't even seen it yet), he was super excited!!!!!

This pic is terrible but you can get an idea of what they look like. I cut out 3 of the Pokemon from the fabric to applique and after I get them on the shirt he kept asking me to do more -- I told him he was insane!! I am still not great at appliqueing but this game be looooooooottttttsssss of practice. I appliqued around every little bit except for the tiny eyes.

pokemonjammies.jpg
pokemonappliques.jpg

Here are the rest of my princess onsies. What do you think, I am beginner and don't know how to sew and don't own a sewing machine so I am limited on what I can do.

100_0930.jpg

100_0929.jpg

100_0928.jpg

Well, I finally got around to making my son some Pokemon jammies! Months ago, Cindee (livndisney) sent me some Pokemon fabric that she found in her stash. I was soooo excited -- let me just tell you the ladies on the Disboutique thread are truly one in a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, my son went to the doctor yesterday to find out that he has strep and he had to get a shot. I felt sorry for him so I thought to brighten his spirits I would finally make the Pokemon jammies. I was just going to surprise him but he saw me with the fabric (he hadn't even seen it yet), he was super excited!!!!!

This pic is terrible but you can get an idea of what they look like. I cut out 3 of the Pokemon from the fabric to applique and after I get them on the shirt he kept asking me to do more -- I told him he was insane!! I am still not great at appliqueing but this game be looooooooottttttsssss of practice. I appliqued around every little bit except for the tiny eyes.

pokemonjammies.jpg
pokemonappliques.jpg

ooh, sorry to hear your son is sick. I am so glad he liked the fabric. Better to go to good use then sit around :)

Hope he feels better soon!

Here are the rest of my princess onsies. What do you think, I am beginner and don't know how to sew and don't own a sewing machine so I am limited on what I can do.

th_100_0930.jpg
th_100_0929.jpg
th_100_0928.jpg

I think you did a really great job. They turned out well. I like how you have the sparkles on the dresses, not just around the applique.

DSCF0258.JPG

I almost forgot I promised to post Lydia in her flower girl dress. This was taken last May, so it fits better now! The wedding isn't until this May though. The week after we all get back from Florida.
I didn't make this, we bought them off of Ebay.

Beautiful! I love her braids and the dress. She reminds me so much of my sister when she was little. Hey, when Megan was a flower girl she picked up all the flowers after she emptied her basket. She didn't want to leave a mess! She was way too young to be a flowergirl in my opinion (she just turned four) and I was so afraid she would ruin the wedding, but my sister really wanted her to be in it. My mom grabbed her and held her on her lap after she picked up all the flowers so it was fine.

I cannot believe all the horrible red-head comments. And adoption questions! People are crazy, I swear. My parents always joked about when they were in the hospital with my sister there was an Irish family with 5 red-headed children and red-headed parents and a black haired baby. And my parents were there with my sister and felt they should at least offer to trade! My dad had red hair when he was little but it turned brown and no one ever questioned her heritage that I remember! Maybe people are ruder now.

Everybody keeps showing their pretty DD's in their pretty flowergirl dresses. So I have to show my DD in hers. It is also an ebay dress. This was from my wedding in june 2006.
jennaandbailee.jpg

DD is the one on the right and the other girl is my cousin's DD. They are the best of friends.

The girls look like real-life princesses and how nice that they are best friends. I wish we had some family down here where we live.

I'M DONE!!!!

Doing the Lydia:
1-22-08front.jpg
Cinderellainmadebymicedress.jpg

Doing the Megan:
1-22-08sittingonbed.jpg

Doing the Tessa:
1-22-08Cinderelladressclose.jpg
1-22-08birdandbowclosesmall.jpg

Just because Josie looks so cute with her haircut and her Tinkerbell jacket:
1-22-08TessaandJosie.jpg

I need to find her a blue necklace like Cinderella's now! This is the bow she wanted in her hair and I wasn't going to argue!

Oh my gosh, it is beyond words! I love love love the birdie pulling at the ribbon. I cannot show this to Megan at all (even though she is doing the Megan) because she will demand one herself! That child really should be modeling: the camera loves her!

Well, our internet has been down for three days and this is as far as I've gotten. And my back still hurts so I can't sit for very long. I will try to catch up a little at a time. And I still need to finish my hat!

We are going to WDW in June, and I am going to try and make my dd a few customs. I am just wondering what do you do with the disney themed customs that you make for the kids after your trip? Do they wear them out and about, wear them to school, ....etc or are they just wear to Disney World or Disney Land clothes?

I'M DONE!!!!

Doing the Lydia:
1-22-08front.jpg
Cinderellainmadebymicedress.jpg

I need to find her a blue necklace like Cinderella's now! This is the bow she wanted in her hair and I wasn't going to argue!

That is lovely!!! Great job and I love the originality. :)

We are going to WDW in June, and I am going to try and make my dd a few customs. I am just wondering what do you do with the disney themed customs that you make for the kids after your trip? Do they wear them out and about, wear them to school, ....etc or are they just wear to Disney World or Disney Land clothes?

oh yes we where ours everywhere! plus I also put some on the place that shall not be mentioned

lori

:cool1: Wooohooo after 4 months of trying to get my machine to co-operate and do some shirring - finally I succeeded - I went to visit a friend and she had a similar sewing machine and she showed me what she needed to do (a bit long winded but who cares if it works). So I just had to share with my new sewing buddies :goodvibes I'm so excited - this opens a whole new world of outfits for me

th_177.jpg

th_179.jpg

I need to add the straps and do the hem but need my DD awake to do that. I'm on a roll now - soon I'll be able to make real trip outfits :).and it's from my bargain table fabric I bought yesterday - $2/m and it will make at least 4 tops from that metre -now try beating that price for ready made stuff :)

We will also be going to Hawaii when we are on our trip and I saw some lovely Frangipani floral print yesterday (but didn't grab any as my hands were full of other bolts of fabric) so I'm going back today so I can make a couple of shirred dresses for over their swimwear :)

Oh and can someone give me measurements of a 4-5 year old - I can use my eldest DD for the 3yo stuff as that is how old my youngest will be when we go - but have no idea how big a 5 year old is :confused3
you did a great job i have not tried this yet i am a scared:scared1:

Mickey Boy Overalls.....

th_100_1222-1.jpg

th_100_1223.jpg

Snow White....

th_100_1162.jpg

Cinderella....

th_100_1172.jpg

th_100_1191.jpg
love love love them ,
DH was looking over my shoulder and made a comment about your son being in the street by himself with the big car right there and who would do that?
I then slowly:rolleyes1 explained to him that the street is a Disney street and the car is "Tow Mater" and he is not by himself:rolleyes: Hence look at the crowd.....he felt really stupid after that:guilty: and i just laughed:laughing: MEN....
I adore that picture of your daughter and dad on the carousel :cloud9:

th_pokemonjammies.jpg
th_pokemonappliques.jpg
cute

th_100_0930.jpg

th_100_0929.jpg

th_100_0928.jpg
i think you did a wonderful job they are beautiful .

Here is my CASED Nemo outfit i made for my neighbor's lil girl who adores "memo"

Nemoed.jpg

Wow! That is all I can say! We will be taking our very first family trip tp WDW in June. I started sewing DD first outfit and thought "hmmm...I wonder if I can find any really cool ideas online?" Silly me! You guys are great:worship: !!!! I have spent the last week looking at everything :surfweb: but now I must sew.
:welcome: !!!! Glad to have you here!

Someone on Cafemom made it for me!
It is adorable!!!
:cool1: Wooohooo after 4 months of trying to get my machine to co-operate and do some shirring - finally I succeeded - I went to visit a friend and she had a similar sewing machine and she showed me what she needed to do (a bit long winded but who cares if it works). So I just had to share with my new sewing buddies :goodvibes I'm so excited - this opens a whole new world of outfits for me :rolleyes1

th_177.jpg

th_179.jpg

I need to add the straps and do the hem but need my DD awake to do that. I'm on a roll now - soon I'll be able to make real trip outfits :).and it's from my bargain table fabric I bought yesterday - $2/m and it will make at least 4 tops from that metre -now try beating that price for ready made stuff :)

We will also be going to Hawaii when we are on our trip and I saw some lovely Frangipani floral print yesterday (but didn't grab any as my hands were full of other bolts of fabric) so I'm going back today so I can make a couple of shirred dresses for over their swimwear :)

That top looks great!!!

I'm not the one to ask about what size a kid will be wearing at 5. At 5 Arminda was in a 4, and it was dragging on the ground! Lydia on the other hand is a 6 or 7! Corey was wearing a 5. He was my only "average" child! :rotfl2:

th_100_1191.jpg
Cute Cute Cute!!!!!
This is what we're doing today....can you guess...Yesterday was Lexie's 5th birthday. So today we're having her party..
Here is a video of her with her new singing balloon...
Sorry it's sideways...LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fVUBVRMDe8
Aww, that is such a sweet video!!!! I love these!! I have never seen a balloon like that! How Cool!!!!! Lexie is very close in age to Lydia and Dallas! Only a month younger. We hve a bunch of cute 5 year olds on here!

Wow that is beautiful! I love it! She will get a lot of compliments wearing that dress at WDW! Take a picture of her near the wishing well!

BTW, where did you get the Tinkerbell doggie coat?

I like the wishing well idea!!! That would be so pretty!

I hope that I made you feel welcome and that you aren't just saying that. We were all so happy that Brian had found you. It must have been really hard coming into that friendship. Those four were VERY close. It was hard for me sometimes and I lived through part of it with them. I can't imagine marrying one of them.

Chuck & I will have to make sure when we come down state for one of our camping trips that we spend some time in your neck of the woods. Chuck & I will teach you to play Euchre. We don't play often any more. We want to get to the Holland area in our new camper to see our old friends. Chuck hasn't been back since we moved.

I really meant it!!! :hug: I was so very nervous! Brian was my first and last boyfriend, so meeting his good friends was very intimidating! You were such a sweet heart, and made me feel at home right away! :hug:

I don't really play cards, so I'm afraid I will be a hard one to teach! You know, my sister once single handedly (with her husband's help) brought down and ENTIRE Euchre tournament!!! Tragic really. :scared1: I'm afraid it may run in the family!

Euchre is a card game using half the deck (9's to Aces). Four people play in two teams.
Ah HA! That makes it a little clearer!!!

a-ha was one of my favorite bands back in the day. Take on me, take me on. Classic lyrics, don't you think? Morton, Pal and the other guy, I miss yah!

pokemonjammies.jpg
pokemonappliques.jpg

Those turned out great!!!! He looks so happy with them!!! I hope he gets feeling better real soon!

th_100_0930.jpg
th_100_0929.jpg
th_100_0928.jpg
I think those look fantastic!!! I love the sparkle!

Beautiful! I love her braids and the dress. She reminds me so much of my sister when she was little. Hey, when Megan was a flower girl she picked up all the flowers after she emptied her basket. She didn't want to leave a mess! She was way too young to be a flowergirl in my opinion (she just turned four) and I was so afraid she would ruin the wedding, but my sister really wanted her to be in it. My mom grabbed her and held her on her lap after she picked up all the flowers so it was fine.

I cannot believe all the horrible red-head comments. And adoption questions! People are crazy, I swear. My parents always joked about when they were in the hospital with my sister there was an Irish family with 5 red-headed children and red-headed parents and a black haired baby. And my parents were there with my sister and felt they should at least offer to trade! My dad had red hair when he was little but it turned brown and no one ever questioned her heritage that I remember! Maybe people are ruder now.

The girls look like real-life princesses and how nice that they are best friends. I wish we had some family down here where we live.

Oh my gosh, it is beyond words! I love love love the birdie pulling at the ribbon. I cannot show this to Megan at all (even though she is doing the Megan) because she will demand one herself! That child really should be modeling: the camera loves her!

Well, our internet has been down for three days and this is as far as I've gotten. And my back still hurts so I can't sit for very long. I will try to catch up a little at a time. And I still need to finish my hat!

Aww, thanks for the compliments about Lyddy! When Corey was Heather's ringbearer, he took my flowers and walked up the aisle with them! We said he was the flower boy! He was sOOOOOOO cute!!! He was only 2 at the time, and he had the cutest little tux!!! He was such a little doll! We have a great picture of him inspecting the train on Hether's dress, it's like he's studying the design of it or something!

WEAR THEM!!! EVERYWHERE!!!!

I then slowly:rolleyes1 explained to him that the street is a Disney street and the car is "Tow Mater" and he is not by himself:rolleyes: Hence look at the crowd.....he felt really stupid after that:guilty: and i just laughed:laughing: MEN....[/COLOR]I adore that picture of your daughter and dad on the carousel :cloud9:

Here is my CASED Nemo outfit i made for my neighbor's lil girl who adores "memo"

th_digitalcamera292.jpg

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Your hubby is funny!

The dress is adorable!!!! I have that top fabric, and I haven't figured out what to do with it. This is really cute!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter