Labor Day Weekend, a labor of love?

Ok, I think I am all caught up now. Congrats on Zach getting into the military! I'm glad that worked out for him. Love the shirts and hats, so cute! As for the breakfast ADR, I had the same idea. We are now paying OOP to have breakfast at Kona Cafe since breakfasts are cheaper and I wanted to squeeze in one extra ADR outside of our dining credits.

YAY! I am so happy for you! I have been trying to do the same thing with no luck.

Thank you. I had really accepted the idea we were having lunch there. I am amazed at how much larger the dinner menu is. Maybe someone will cancel a dinner ADR that you can pick up. Have you been watching the cancellation thread?

Ok, I think I am all caught up now. Congrats on Zach getting into the military! I'm glad that worked out for him.

Thank you. I just hope it still happens. I mean, it should...but it should have last time too. So I drop him off at the armory on sunday and he is then sworn in on monday...assuming he didn't gain weight that puts him outside the limit...or he doesn't have a bad pimple...or some other "who knows" type snag.

As for the breakfast ADR, I had the same idea. We are now paying OOP to have breakfast at Kona Cafe since breakfasts are cheaper and I wanted to squeeze in one extra ADR outside of our dining credits.

It is hard to not want to fit just onnnnnne more thing in. I am still tempted. I think yes, that makes sense to do...and then I stop and think "but then we would we want to eat around the world?" (and wouldn't that be cheaper oop?) On the day I have been considering for the breakfast..we don't plan to get to the park at rope drop. We would have the morning to be lazy. Get to Epcot and just putter around and stroll world showcase. We do have a very late ADR at Le Cellier (8:45) so I am wondering if we won't be starving by then even with the snacking and the lunch at some counter service. If we had breakfast it might make it easier to get through to a later lunch and then to our late ADR. As you see, I am still being wishy washy on it... I am glad you settled on yours! I have read Kona has an excellent breakfast!

Nothing much to report. I am getting so excited about the trip I can hardly stand it. I call my mom and we talk about it all, almost daily. I am so glad she is excited. I have a busy couple weeks at work so I know the next two are gonna fly by. (and hopefully not kill me) I most likely will get over 40 this week and then again next week. Maybe...the following week will be slow. I love the extra cash...but school starts RIGHT before we leave. Oh yeah...I think I have left this part out of the ptr...I am a bad mom. :rolleyes1 You see, my youngest ds will be starting high school the Monday before we leave.. This will be a return to public school for him. We are all a bit nervous. Also, Zoe begins kindergarten on Monday. THEN on Wednesday we leave. So not only will I be abandoning ds, I will be pulling Zoe out of school. She won't miss that much because A. It is kindergarten and B. there is Labor Day. Poor ds though... Kira, Zoe and I will be gone. Most likely oldest ds will be gone..well, maybe...depends on when they ship him out. DH works long hours. My poor ds will be left to do his first week of school all by himself. I am a selfish mom, don't ya think? ;) Going to WDW... :confused3

So that is my "nothing much". I need to give the girls there countdown gifts today still and finish up that darn planner. I got some of the pages laminated...maybe I will go get the rest of it done....

Nothing much to report. I am getting so excited about the trip I can hardly stand it. I call my mom and we talk about it all, almost daily. I am so glad she is excited. I have a busy couple weeks at work so I know the next two are gonna fly by. (and hopefully not kill me) I most likely will get over 40 this week and then again next week. Maybe...the following week will be slow. I love the extra cash...but school starts RIGHT before we leave. Oh yeah...I think I have left this part out of the ptr...I am a bad mom. :rolleyes1 You see, my youngest ds will be starting high school the Monday before we leave.. This will be a return to public school for him. We are all a bit nervous. Also, Zoe begins kindergarten on Monday. THEN on Wednesday we leave. So not only will I be abandoning ds, I will be pulling Zoe out of school. She won't miss that much because A. It is kindergarten and B. there is Labor Day. Poor ds though... Kira, Zoe and I will be gone. Most likely oldest ds will be gone..well, maybe...depends on when they ship him out. DH works long hours. My poor ds will be left to do his first week of school all by himself. I am a selfish mom, don't ya think? ;) Going to WDW... :confused3

So that is my "nothing much". I need to give the girls there countdown gifts today still and finish up that darn planner. I got some of the pages laminated...maybe I will go get the rest of it done....

You're not a bad mom, just taking advantage of a great time to go to Disneyworld! I wish we could go in the fall...but when you're a teacher, they kind of frown on that. :rotfl:

So, since we're touring with a three year old...does Ridemax let you work out a few different scenarios for a given day? Let's say we decide to go to a different park than what we had originally thought and want more than one option? Thanks!

You're not a bad mom, just taking advantage of a great time to go to Disneyworld! I wish we could go in the fall...but when you're a teacher, they kind of frown on that. :rotfl:

LOL, I would imagine they frown on it..but...I think pulling kids out of school is kinda frowned upon too. :rotfl: Ohhh well, I know I won't always be able to pull her..might as well take advantage of the time while she is young like this.

So, since we're touring with a three year old...does Ridemax let you work out a few different scenarios for a given day? Let's say we decide to go to a different park than what we had originally thought and want more than one option? Thanks!

Once you pay for the subscription you can do as many daily options as you like. I try many things until I get one I like...and then settle on that. Often times though, I do a slight variation "just in case" and bring that plan. If we had internet, and a pc that we could install the program on...we could change gears while on vacation. Since we don't, I have in the past, printed more than one option for the day. This time, I don't think I will. This time I also put the info into my own spreadsheet instead of just printing out what comes up on ridemax. So to answer your question...in theory, you could choose to bring as many scenarios as you can dream up....

Once you pay for the subscription you can do as many daily options as you like. I try many things until I get one I like...and then settle on that. Often times though, I do a slight variation "just in case" and bring that plan. If we had internet, and a pc that we could install the program on...we could change gears while on vacation. Since we don't, I have in the past, printed more than one option for the day. This time, I don't think I will. This time I also put the info into my own spreadsheet instead of just printing out what comes up on ridemax. So to answer your question...in theory, you could choose to bring as many scenarios as you can dream up....

Well, looks like I'll have Ridemax to occupy my time in the month or so leading up to the trip! :thumbsup2

Thank you. I had really accepted the idea we were having lunch there. I am amazed at how much larger the dinner menu is. Maybe someone will cancel a dinner ADR that you can pick up. Have you been watching the cancellation thread?

I have been. Almost got it one day but it turned out to be the same day I worked until 9am and someone posted around 7:30am about more dinner ADRs being released for my time period. So by the time I got on the site, they were all gone. Though I have to admit, I pretty much check the Dining Reservation site daily to check for openings.

Thank you. I just hope it still happens. I mean, it should...but it should have last time too. So I drop him off at the armory on sunday and he is then sworn in on monday...assuming he didn't gain weight that puts him outside the limit...or he doesn't have a bad pimple...or some other "who knows" type snag.

I will be praying for you on this. I know it is something all of you want a lot. I really hope it works out for him this time. :goodvibes

It is hard to not want to fit just onnnnnne more thing in. I am still tempted. I think yes, that makes sense to do...and then I stop and think "but then we would we want to eat around the world?" (and wouldn't that be cheaper oop?) On the day I have been considering for the breakfast..we don't plan to get to the park at rope drop. We would have the morning to be lazy. Get to Epcot and just putter around and stroll world showcase. We do have a very late ADR at Le Cellier (8:45) so I am wondering if we won't be starving by then even with the snacking and the lunch at some counter service. If we had breakfast it might make it easier to get through to a later lunch and then to our late ADR. As you see, I am still being wishy washy on it... I am glad you settled on yours! I have read Kona has an excellent breakfast!

I kinda planned most of our breakfast ADRs as late as possible with the intention of skipping lunch and having a snack, then later on have dinner.

I kinda planned most of our breakfast ADRs as late as possible with the intention of skipping lunch and having a snack, then later on have dinner.

That is an excellent idea! That would make for a good start to the day and then no one would be hungry for a while. Oh well, I can try that trick next time. ;)

Thank you so much, BTW, for the kind words and prayers for us regarding the enlistment. I love my son, but he has all his eggs in this basket. I am not sure what he will do if this falls through again.

Just when I had all my daily itineraries printed out....

Someone on the September cancellation thread canceled a dinner one for Le cellier on the day I needed (wanted) one. I got it! Looks like I will be canceling my lunch adr. :banana:

Sooo awesome you were able to get this! I am probably going to patrol the cancellation boards now!

Sooo awesome you were able to get this! I am probably going to patrol the cancellation boards now!

You should! I am amazed at all that is on the dinner menu vs. the lunch. I still have to cancel my 2pm. No one has wanted it on that thread. I will make sure and let you know if I see anything else come across.

I have been so busy, I have not been sharing what I have been good about sharing an update regarding what the girls have got each week. I decided to post a picture of all the remaining gifts. Sorry that it is so big.

IMG_1051.jpg

It was too easy to find stuff for Zoe. Kira being 20...was a little more difficult. So when you look and think maybe it is a bit unbalanced, you are right. So working clockwise...

Princess pouch with a card game in it. (for Zoe)

Princess crayons (for Zoe) I plan to only give her one box for the trip...save the other boxes for other trips since they all have the same colors in them.

Princess shoes (yes, for Zoe :rotfl:)

Glow Stick Bracelets (one for each of the girls) These are fun to get at Dollar Tree and then wear to the light parade in MK. I know they sell all sorts of glowing things for that...and they are not cheap. This way...bracelets are only a buck and there are more than one in a pack.

Toy Story journal (for Zoe) I got this mainly because it was less than .50 at Target and because it would give her something to "journal" in at night while Kira and I do. (that reminds me I will have to post a pic of my journal I made...I use it for all the trips..)

Mickey Journal (for Kira). I thought it would be a nice thing for her to have something to write in at night. I know she is on the DIS boards too...who knows..maybe she too will do a TR.

Coloring Book (for Zoe). This is extra thick..and will be great for the plane ride.

Toy Story Gummy Candy (for Kira) She is a fiend for candy. It is amazing her teeth are not all rotted out of her head. :rolleyes:

Toy Story "lick a stick" candy (for Kira) Again...just supporting her habit.

IMG_1052.jpg

Ok so it looks much cuter IRL. It needs some repair before this trip. The ribbon wants to lift at the bottom left corner..and the top right corner has the paper lifting.

So as our trip nears (two weeks from right now I will be unable to sleep) I find I have little left to do in the way of planning. I do need to pack and print out a snack list, but other than that..??..not much else.

So a personal update....

Zoe is about to start school. Just two days before we leave, school starts. How ridiculous? I mean...they have a few days of school and then a break for labor day. Oh well. She is pretty excited. She loved going to preschool...so I know she will love this too.

Alex has a half day orientation for high school tomorrow. He is less than pleased.

Zach is now a private. He was sworn in yesterday. I am very proud of him, but worried as well.

Kira's wedding plans have hit a wall. I am wondering if they may just end up eloping. I think I would be fine with that....well, maybe. Maybe I would be happier if they just had a small intimate ceremony with family around.

I have been working WAY too much. I will be glad when this week is over. Then I can really settle in and get my house ready for me to leave and get started on some packing. I can't believe my mom will be here in a week and a half.

That brings me to my mom. She is holding up very well and although I have never really seen her as a strong woman...I am being shown that she truly is one. Her injury at her last job did some damage that was just confirmed recently. (the long and the short of that story is during some stocking, a large box fell on her head and that despite the L&I claim, no one took her seriously and it was all dismissed) The stroke we thought she had turns out to have been a seizure. Her brain wave patterns are now abnormal and causing seizures. This kinda worries me about some of the rides at WDW...but apparently they aren't that bad. We will just have to keep an eye on her. The other thing is her ailing husband is on his way out of this world. I fear he will wait to pass until we are in Florida. My mom thinks he will go before that. I fear that will not give her enough time to grieve. I just pray that everything works out as it should.

That leaves my dh. I know I never mention him. Does he seem nonexistent? I assure you he is here. He will be gong on his own trip to San Fran shortly after we get back from Florida. He is excited about that. It is funny though. I planned the WDW trip so that it wouldn't conflict with our anniversary. We come back shortly before. Then Steve (my dh) leaves shortly after. I am thinking that we should do something special together since we both will be gone in September. Who knows...best laid plans never work out for us "doing something" for our anniversary. In fact, it is rare that we have even gone to dinner for it. I think this year should be different!

Sorry to bore you all with my personal update...if you made it through. :thumbsup2

So as our trip nears (two weeks from right now I will be unable to sleep) I find I have little left to do in the way of planning. I do need to pack and print out a snack list, but other than that..??..not much else.

So a personal update....

Zoe is about to start school. Just two days before we leave, school starts. How ridiculous? I mean...they have a few days of school and then a break for labor day. Oh well. She is pretty excited. She loved going to preschool...so I know she will love this too.

Alex has a half day orientation for high school tomorrow. He is less than pleased.

Zach is now a private. He was sworn in yesterday. I am very proud of him, but worried as well.

Kira's wedding plans have hit a wall. I am wondering if they may just end up eloping. I think I would be fine with that....well, maybe. Maybe I would be happier if they just had a small intimate ceremony with family around.

I have been working WAY too much. I will be glad when this week is over. Then I can really settle in and get my house ready for me to leave and get started on some packing. I can't believe my mom will be here in a week and a half.

That brings me to my mom. She is holding up very well and although I have never really seen her as a strong woman...I am being shown that she truly is one. Her injury at her last job did some damage that was just confirmed recently. (the long and the short of that story is during some stocking, a large box fell on her head and that despite the L&I claim, no one took her seriously and it was all dismissed) The stroke we thought she had turns out to have been a seizure. Her brain wave patterns are now abnormal and causing seizures. This kinda worries me about some of the rides at WDW...but apparently they aren't that bad. We will just have to keep an eye on her. The other thing is her ailing husband is on his way out of this world. I fear he will wait to pass until we are in Florida. My mom thinks he will go before that. I fear that will not give her enough time to grieve. I just pray that everything works out as it should.

That leaves my dh. I know I never mention him. Does he seem nonexistent? I assure you he is here. He will be gong on his own trip to San Fran shortly after we get back from Florida. He is excited about that. It is funny though. I planned the WDW trip so that it wouldn't conflict with our anniversary. We come back shortly before. Then Steve (my dh) leaves shortly after. I am thinking that we should do something special together since we both will be gone in September. Who knows...best laid plans never work out for us "doing something" for our anniversary. In fact, it is rare that we have even gone to dinner for it. I think this year should be different!

Sorry to bore you all with my personal update...if you made it through. :thumbsup2

:hug: Personal updates never boring! At least in my opinion, they are what makes PTRs so interesting. So sorry about your mom. It makes so angry what companies can get away with. And so many people cannot understand other people's pain until they have experienced it. I know I always thought whiplash was a joke.... until I got rear-ended (in a Dodge neon) by a Mack truck! Ouch. And sorry to hear about your mom's husband.

Wedding planning is, tough, too. Everything is just so expensive. But I hope she doesn't elope. It meant so much to me to be able to share that day with my close friends and small family.

And :woohoo: for school starting. Can't believe Max only has two more years.

To think that in the middle of all of this...YOU ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! :dance3::dance3: And you'll have a wonderful time.

One last question...did you make your trip journal? Its very cute. And where did you find the one for Kira? Also really neat looking.

:hug: Personal updates never boring! At least in my opinion, they are what makes PTRs so interesting. So sorry about your mom. It makes so angry what companies can get away with. And so many people cannot understand other people's pain until they have experienced it. I know I always thought whiplash was a joke.... until I got rear-ended (in a Dodge neon) by a Mack truck! Ouch. And sorry to hear about your mom's husband.

Wedding planning is, tough, too. Everything is just so expensive. But I hope she doesn't elope. It meant so much to me to be able to share that day with my close friends and small family.

And :woohoo: for school starting. Can't believe Max only has two more years.

To think that in the middle of all of this...YOU ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! :dance3::dance3: And you'll have a wonderful time.

One last question...did you make your trip journal? Its very cute. And where did you find the one for Kira? Also really neat looking.

Thanks so much for the kind supportive words. As for the journal, yes I made it. The one for Kira I got at Target in their stationary section. :goodvibes

So a personal update....

I like personal updates! It makes us seem like part of your life, which is nice! I sometimes think I am boring people with my personal updates too...especially because my life is not that exciting...except for when we go to Disney!

BTW, my DH's name is Steve too. He keeps asking me, why did I name him Chubby Hubby? I dunno, I guess it was just cute n catchy, LOL.

I wish your son all the best! It must be hard for you...I can just imagine.

Kira is probably going to start planning after she gets back from WDW...she's probably more excited about the honeymoon! LOL

That's terrible about how your mom got injured on her last job and they dismissed it! There must be some legal action you can take! Especially with medical evidence. I hope she does well on the trip! She sure sounds like she is ready for this vacation!

I thought I had my planner done. I made it different this time. It was not a full sized binder. I thought the more compact size would be handy. I decided I don't like it. It works great for the laminated schedules I made. The 4.5" pockets hold them neat and tidy. The full size sheets in the center of the binder though are not working well. I thought folding them over would work, but they slide out and wiggle around. In then end, those sheets just look crumpled up in the center. I have thought about making narrow sheets, but that doesn't seem to be working either. I like to have all our docs in one place and the small yellow planner was not even big enough to hold the Mickey Mail with the vouchers in it. The decorative paper on the shell of the binder is lifting too. All in all it just isn't working...so, I went to Target and found a binder that matches Kira's journal. I can just print out the sheets and put them in the binder and be done with it. I have a few days off so I think I am gonna play around with that a bit. Maybe I can get something I can live with.

Wish me luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter