Las Vegas hotel reviews

newfamilyman said:
Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Lake Las Vegas? For a Ritz, it has a great price. Any suggestions would be appreciated; thanks.
I would love to know also. My dh has a company meeting there in June and dd and I will be heading there to meet him for a few days. My sister in law's parents live in LV and she says the Lake Las Vegas is incredibly wonderful..the Ritz there is wonderful and she says she wants to join us for a day or two!!!
We hope to drive down and check out the Grand Canyon for a day while there.
I would love to hear any comments on this hotel and the surrounding area also.

Luxor- Styed in a 2 room suite in the pyramid with our seven year old son. He loved the Jacuzzi tub in the bedroom.

Mandaly bay- Biggest most beutiful room. The wave pool was way too crowded to be fun.

NYNY- It looks funner form the outside than it actually is. Stayed in the Chyrstler building. It must have been a mile walk of hallys yo get to our room from the elevator.

Ceasar's palace- stayed in the palace towers. It took me awhile to realize that our room over looked the topless pool . :blush:

woody73 said:
Bally's is a good choice -- right across the street from Bellagio and "O".

Woody

Got to go with Woody on this one. We stayed at Bally's this summer and loved the location and also the room size.

Can anyone tell me how long the drive is from Palm Springs, CA to Las Vegas?
We are going to be spending three nights at the Flamingo this summer at the end of our CA trip.

Glad to hear that people like Ballys - I stayed at Paris last month which connects to Ballys and it looks fine to me although I haven't seen the rooms. I was just able to knock another 80 bucks off my Ballys reservation in January so it's all good.

I just got back last week from my first trip to Vegas. I went with my cousins, who had been several times, so I left the hotel planning up to them. They chose the Flamingo. Unfortunately, it was a horrible experience. I think the only thing it really has going for it is its location (right in the middle of the strip).

From what I understand, there's two sides, one which has been recently renovated, and the other, not so much. Of course, we ended up in the non-renovated side. From the moment I walked in the door I knew I would hate it. The room was run-down, non-descript, and not terribly clean. Of course, it looked nothing like the pictures of the new rooms shown on the website. :rolleyes:

In addition, the service was horrible. On the first night we asked for more towels, another pillow, and for someone to open the room safe which was locked. We never got any of those things despite several calls, and in fact, one of the days housekeeping just never showed up at all.

For the money we paid, I couldn't help thinking that I'd MUCH rather be in a nicer, cleaner room at WDW. In fact, if I ever go to Vegas again, I'd like to stay at the Venetian. It reminded me of Epcot. :)

Hi
we are staying at Stratosphere next April. Has anyone stayed there. I know it is right at the end of the strip but we are happy to walk or get the bus.

dramaqueenuk said:
Hi
we are staying at Stratosphere next April. Has anyone stayed there. I know it is right at the end of the strip but we are happy to walk or get the bus.
Try to ride "The Deuce" - the new double decker busses that run on The Strip. The neighborhood behind the Stratosphere isn't the greatest so be aware if you walk anywhere, or take taxis.

To be honest the Strat is too far removed from the "strip" proper, that I would never consider it.....but that is just me!

Stratosphere -- Rooms were clean and comfy. Fine if you don't mind driving to ALL other locations. Would prefer to stay in the middle of the strip. :cheer2:

NYNY -- Rooms were clean, but we weren't impressed. Staff was rude. Location was great. Many other places within walking distance. Would not stay here again unless I had an excellent rate.

we have only stayed at excalibur and i liked it they were a basic room though

stratosphere it was an ok hotel we got a great deal at 19.95 a night and they upgraded us to a newer room

this stay is going to be at the monte carlo and i cant wait

also check out www.ratelv.com

In May, we saw magician Lance Burton at the Monte Carlo, and were very pleased.

Woody

my husband and i saw him in june also, we got his tickets for free with a timeshare thing and we loved it also!!!:rotfl:

So I guess the Flamongo isn't very popular...BUT I got 2 free nights there so we're stopping there on our way to DL. I know people didn't like it for the price, but would you like it for free? We have two kids (8 and 5) who are so jazzed to go to Vegas to see all the spectacle and will love a good pool. Will this be a good place?

So I guess the Flamongo isn't very popular...BUT I got 2 free nights there so we're stopping there on our way to DL. I know people didn't like it for the price, but would you like it for free?

As long as you are going with the expectation that it's just a place to sleep (the pool was very nice though, I will admit) then yes, I would be thrilled to stay there for free. Would I ever pay to stay there again? No way. But you can't beat free! :teeth:

Have a great trip!

So I guess the Flamongo isn't very popular...BUT I got 2 free nights there so we're stopping there on our way to DL. I know people didn't like it for the price, but would you like it for free? We have two kids (8 and 5) who are so jazzed to go to Vegas to see all the spectacle and will love a good pool. Will this be a good place?

on the travel 2 vegas message board that i visit they like the flamongo i have never stayed there though

So I guess the Flamongo isn't very popular...BUT I got 2 free nights there so we're stopping there on our way to DL. I know people didn't like it for the price, but would you like it for free?
For many people, the Flamingo is not their first choice -- until they hear it's free, then they're wondering where to get in line.

The Flamingo has a great location -- right across from Caesars Palace and Bellagio. With free nights, you'll have a great time.

Woody

I liked staying at the Flamingo with kids because of their grounds. The pool is amazing also. The rooms weren't the greatest, but they weren't the worst.

The Stratosphere had the worst room I've ever stayed in. The bed was crooked and the room was filthy. I just didn't feel safe there. As someone else said, the neighborhood behind the Strat leaves a lot to be desired for a vacation destination.

If cost is an issue, look into the Orleans. It is not on the strip, but has a shuttle to the strip. The rooms are very nice and the service is outstanding.

If cost is an issue, look into the Orleans. It is not on the strip, but has a shuttle to the strip. The rooms are very nice and the service is outstanding.
We haven't stayed at the Orleans, but went for the buffet, which is wonderful.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter