Las Vegas Shooting

From Fox News

At this time, federal officials do not see any connection to international terrorism and little is known about Paddock's motivation, sources said. The Islamic State terror group took credit for the Las Vegas shooting, saying the gunman converted to Islam months ago, but provided no evidence back up the claim.

An FBI official said at a news conference the agency has "determined to this point no connection with an international terrorist group."

Any motive known yet?
What are the media speculating?

All the reports I am seeing indicate no clear motive has been determined yet. According to NBC, the shooter was going through a divorce. Report also says he had no military background and prior to this attack wasn't even known to friends or family as owning any weapons. Again, investigation is just beginning and be prepared for a lot of speculation disguised as "I just heard reports that...." before we get confirmed facts.

As mentioned by a prior poster, current casualty figures are 58 confirmed dead, 515 wounded. Unfortunately, it is likely the death toll may creep up more given the number of wounded.

Last edited:
Watching the local news, the Sheriff says he was not known to law enforcement and that he killed himself though he was engaged by SWAT in the room.

ISIS's claims might carry a little more weight if they even knew the shooter's name.

While US officials obviously have to investigate every allegation, I think it's frankly ridiculous to even contemplate that Stephen Paddock, 64, of Mesquite, Nevada, who may have recently separated from his Filipino partner/wife, had any connection to ISIS. He sounds more like your standard, embittered loser insert-non-DIS-friendly-term-here, who wanted to go out with a bang.

When some people are miserable, they've just got to make sure they ruin as many other people's lives as possible. Because how dare anyone else be happy, and enjoy life, when they're not.

I'll be interested to see if he left any kind of suicide note.

Just sickening that one person can.be so evil. I'm reading he was shooting people from his hotel room? Is this correct

An off duty Vegas police officer was killed, correct?
Yes, he was attending the show.

Every story I have read said two were killed
I only know of the one killed, two others injured, one needed surgery the other was minor injuries. I am behind though. I didn’t want it on while my kids were home because they keep rolling videos of the actual shooting in the background.

ISIS's claims might carry a little more weight if they even knew the shooter's name.

While US officials obviously have to investigate every allegation, I think it's frankly ridiculous to even contemplate that Stephen Paddock, 64, of Mesquite, Nevada, who may have recently separated from his Filipino partner/wife, had any connection to ISIS. He sounds more like your standard, embittered loser insert-non-DIS-friendly-term-here, who wanted to go out with a bang.

When some people are miserable, they've just got to make sure they ruin as many other people's lives as possible. Because how dare anyone else be happy, and enjoy life, when they're not.

I'll be interested to see if he left any kind of suicide note.

Re: the wife/partner reference: family and friends of the shooter keep stating she was his partner, but NBC is still reporting he was going through a divorce. Since it is unlikely friends and family were unaware of his marital status, that may indicate there was a triangle thing going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter