Las Vegas Shooting

I think the likelihood this man converted to Islam is pretty low and I'm more ready to believe that ISIS is just messing with us.
I'm not saying it's not possible.
Just not likely.

I am following the local news, listening to our mayor, governor and sheriff and while not all news will be accurate I’m going to base anything I believe on what the local folks are saying right now. In particular the Sheriff and law enforcement.

Yes, he shot from his room. They believe he used a tool to bust the window out. (typically windows that high up don’t open)

He checked in Thursday so they have hours and hours of footage to go over to see how he got the weapons in.

No mention of a wife or divorce, just the girlfriend. His family is as stunned as the rest of us.

Up thread someone says they read two additional officers were killed. Forty solid minutes of watching and I’ve heard nothing of the sort. While I can’t be 100% sure, if two local officers were killed during this it would be something they’d mention repeatedly.

FBI says no ties to terrorists groups.

I am following the local news, listening to our mayor, governor and sheriff and while not all news will be accurate I’m going to base anything I believe on what the local folks are saying right now. In particular the Sheriff and law enforcement.

Just curious why the mayor would need to say anything. I thought this would have been well out of the actual city of Las Vegas.

I can't speak for the PP, but I'm watching the coverage on Bloomberg, as its my go-to TV news source, so it's not unusual to hear stock correlations without having to seek it out.
Thanks Amber. I didn't realize they were implying I sought it out and/or it was unusual for me to know. It's pretty blatantly in the news-I heard it on the radio before 8am.

And massive thanks to our first responders both on and off duty and law enforcement that showed from other counties. They no doubt saved countless lives.

It really sounds like they did an outstanding job considering the huge numbers of those needing assistance.

Just curious why the mayor would need to say anything. I thought this would have been well out of the actual city of Las Vegas.
Why wouldn’t she? Where do you think The Strip is?

Thanks Amber. I didn't realize they were implying I sought it out and/or it was unusual for me to know. It's pretty blatantly in the news-I heard it on the radio before 8am.

I don't know that the PP was even suggesting that exactly, but I do think it might or might not be highlighted depending on what news source you're hearing/seeing, and not that there's any right or wrong as to reporting or it not, I just didn't find it odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter