Last Minute DVC

tbfkc

Only Slightly Obsessed
Wanted to see if people have had experience with this. We just went into ROFR today for BLT! Being so excited, my wife and I would like to make a trip the first week of March. Understand there could be snags along the way, but if things go according to recent transactions, I feel like we should have our DVC number by the end of January, but understand it could take through March.

When I look on the DVC Website, I see last minute getaways and seems like SSR is popping up on the list. We could do a Studio or a One Bedroom and really do not care which resort it is at. Anyone have insight on what the odds are of us getting through the process, close, and book for first week of March? Thinking its limited, but seems like it might work?

I don’t know these days. A few years ago, we pieced together an August trip for 6 nights, 2 at OKW, 2 at BCV, 2 at AKV in less than 30 days out.

But things are getting tighter.

You’d definitely have to split stay.

We closed in october on OKW and I was able to get a studio at poly for jan. I started with OKW then moved to BWV then Poly. I pretty much stalked the site. Also keep in mind that you may see villas available on the regular disney site and there not be any DVC point availability.

It really depends on when you want to travel (how busy that time of the year is) and how flexible you are for where you can stay. will you get your first choice? Maybe. Are you willing to do a split stay? That can increase your chances of finding rooms for the time you are looking for. Don't forget about booking what you can get, and then waitlisting what you want.

Thanks for the help. I ended up calling a DVC rental to get perspective on availability which was limited to about 2-3 rooms, so went ahead and booked 3 nights at AK. Renting was a pretty good deal!

I just looked to see if I could get anything during February vacations. Can't even seem to string together a split stay for 5 days. DVC is great but you certainly have to plan ahead and forget your chances at last minute travel.

Right now there's availability at OKW for a 1 BR the first week of March. IMO, a 1 BR at OKW is fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter