Laundry at SSR

btrim

Mouseketeer
I understood when we purchased that the laundry at the resorts were free to DVC members staying there. I am sure our guide told us that when she showed us a studio. When we were at SSR the first week of September, my DH and I were walking around checking things out and when we went into the laundry, there was a CM(I assuming he was a CM) in there and when we said something about the use of the facilities being free to DVC members staying in a studio, he told us that wasn't true and everyone had to pay to use the laundry. Can someone clear this up for me? :confused3

Don't know about SSR but the other DVC resorts have free laundry equipment near the pools or at a convenient spot in the resort so would think it would be the same for SSR. Just remember to bring those handy laundry tablets- oh got to go pack mine right now.

I stayed at SSR the end of August. The washers/dryers are free to DVC members. I used them many times while swimming at the quiet pool. The washers/dryers have the coin lever attached to it just like you see at a laundromat, but it is rigged to allow free use. Just push the lever in and you're good to go.

I like the laundry room at the main pool best. It's the largest with at least four or five washers and eight dryers. The ones at the smaller pools (just tried Congress Park) was only two washers and four dryers. And one washer didn't work at the time.

I was just sure they were free, but this gentleman said we had to pay. We weren't doing laundry, so maybe he thought we weren't staying there. I have never seen an attendant at any of the other laundry rooms. Luckily we were in a two bedroom so we had our own washer and dryer.

Can't wait to go back in January. :wave2:

if you stay in a studio and someone tries to charge you - just call the front desk or security.

this person was trying to charge for a FREE service.

SSR has a person to come and clean the laundry room but no attendant.

on one visit to OKW - there were signs on the washer - DON'T put in money.

evidently guests to OKW had put in enough money that it required a service worker to remove it.

When DH and I walked in, this gentleman jumped up because he was just sitting in a chair. I wonder if he was supposed to be cleaning and thought he got caught resting? We wondered what he was doing there because we had never seen an attendant in any of the other laundries. I had done laundry at the Vero Beach facility and just pushed in on the coin slots, so I thought all of them were that way. If he wasn't an attendant and just someone who was supposed to be cleaning, he probably saw the coin slots and assumed that everyone had to pay.

Thanks Everyone, it is nice to know that our Guide did not lead us astray and I wasn't remembering something wrong. I do that sometimes the older I get.

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter