Lesli's Live Long and Strong WISH Journal

Yesterday turned out to be pretty good as well. I am really enjoying this "normalcy".

PT went well. Lunch was chinese and even that was pretty reasonable. I had 2 cups of egg drop soup (one before the meal, one after), about 1/2 c rice, 1/4 c pork fried rice, 5 sm pieces of battered pork, 1 c. General Tso's chicken, 1/4 c double sliced pork (mainly all veggies), then 2 sm pieces of sweet bread. Lots of water.

Of course when I got home, I ate too many Fritos and I don't even really like them any more, but I had the munchies. Then I got ahold of some peanut M&M's. :rolleyes1 Supper was a hamburger & muskmelon. So the day wasn't really horrible, but I could have easily done w/o the munchies.

I got alot of GS done yesterday. Trying to catch up, get ahead, de-junk. One of my troops is going on their last trip, so I figured now was the time to close everything up for them. Why wait, just get it done and make more room around here. Also trying to get the last few items together for the person that took over the town (I was filling in), and even worked on my Partnership Mgr work. Might as well get caught up so that I can easily get the year started and be able to keep from getting too overwhelmed which will make it easier for me to just have some involvement, but not too much.

Breakfast today was 1 bowl Fruit Loops and 1 c grapefruit juice.

On the agenda: Finish up the GS work and get the extra junk out of my closet. Some bookwork for the store. Bills. Pack for our trip tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be the first trip I have taken since the accident. :cheer2: It's just over night, but I will take anything I can get that seems like a break!

Gotta go. Talk to you later. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Rushing out the door again, unfortunatley, but I just wanted to stop by and say hi and to wish you a wonderful trip!

Have a great time!!! :goodvibes

Hi!

I hope you're having a great time on your overnight! It sounds like so much fun!

Great job keeping things reasonable at the Chinese restaurant. That sure does sound yummy!

Also, kudos to you for all that progress you made on your GS work. It must feel great to have that all settled and off of your plate.

Have a wonderful day! :sunny:

Just stopping by to say Hi!

I hope you had a great time on your trip! :sunny:

I'm back again.

What a whirlwind this weekend was, but fun as well.

Saturday -
Lunch was a brat on bun and I think there were a few nibbles of useless things as well. Then as a nice little surprise, DH decided that we could go out to eat (just the 2 of us). It was great to have some alone time. We went to Texas Roadhouse, but since it was so extremely hot here the wait was almost 2 hrs, so we skipped on over to the movies and saw "Pirates". We enjoyed it, but definitely don't think it is for the younger kids. I had a sm bag of popcorn and about 1/2 of a Sprite. Then after that we went for dinner at almost 10pm. WOW, such a late date for us, but very nice and relaxing. I had 1/2 slab ribs, gr beans, 1/2 of my garden salad, 1 1/2 rolls, and ice tea. Not too bad.

Sunday -
Up late since we were out late. Packed for the GS trip and got a few business things ready for the mail for DH. Breakfast was 1 slice toast w/PB. On the road for lunch I had a qtr lbr w/cheese, ice tea, and a few fries. We got to our destination about 2:30pm and checked into the Drury Inn. Although it was clean and ok, I am glad we didn't spend $20 less as I am not sure what we would have gotten. After that, we went to Medieval Times. I had 1/2 bowl of soup, 1 rib, 1/3 of a 1/2 of a baked potato (could have been more done), and ALMOST 1/2 a sm chicken, 2 glasses pepsi, 1 pastry. It was not planned to eat everything they brought, but while you are watching the show it is easy to not pay attention to what you are eating. The show was good though. Back to the hotel. The kids went swimming. I had a sm bag popcorn and glass of pop (complementary), more out of something to do while at the pool. Then we ordered pizza from Gino's. Not planned for, but the kids were starving and it was their last trip and their money. I had 1/2 slice of a Gino's deep dish cheese and a couple of sm squares of a cheese thin crust, plus pop. By the end of the day, I am surpised I didn't bust. More food than I have had in awhile, but we had fun and it was nice to do something relaxing.

Monday -
Breakfast was at the hotel (provided). I had a couple bites of scrambled eggs (not very good). 1 1/2 biscuits & gravy, 1 sausage patty, 1 mini muffin, 2 sm glasses oj. Then we went shopping at Woodfield Mall. We went to Build-a-Bear since that has been on the destination for years and even as older teens these girls were thrilled to finally have their stuffed animal w/clothes. And the animals all match their personalities completely. Went to the Disney Store and then a few other places. Lunch was at the Rainforest Cafe. I had 2/3 of a sm ceasar salad, 1/2 piece of foccacia bread, 1/2 rainforest burger (split w/ my mom), 1 1/2 glasses tea, and 3 chips. Not too bad. Then we headed home. I could not believe how hot it was. We had the air on med high all the way home. Supper was a bowl of cheerios. It was a nice little trip with good conversation and good company. Although, it would be nice to have a longer trip, at this point the length was right for me given the strength issue. But it is good to feel normal!

Today -
Breakfast was 1 bowl of cherrios. PT was early today, but it went well. I got some great pep talks from my therapists which is always nice and just continues to give you hope. Took a sm 20 min nap. Lunch was a tuna roll up, too many cheetos, 3 oreos. So now it is time to get some work done.

Everyone have a great day!! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Real quick. Eating has been all over the place.

Can't remember what we had for supper Tuesday night. I know that I ate cookies and cheetos and other junk, so who knows.

Yesterday was another PT day. Breakfast was 1 egg omelet, 1 c oj, and watermelon. Lunch was qtr lbr w/cheese, fries, iced tea. Many cookies in there and a few other things I can't remember. Supper was 2 tacos. I had a bowl of Basic 4 late last night.

Then of course, I could not get back to sleep last night after the storms hit, so needless to say, I slept in late today.

Breakfast today was 1 egg omelet, ham, & 1 c oj.

I have tons of work to do today so I going to concentrate on that. I will try not to get into the cupboards too much.

Everyone have a good day! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Well, I did manage to get alot of stuff done yesterday, although as always, I wish it was more.

Aside from bills and bookwork, we actually managed to get the windows ordered - all 22! Menard's had a no interest til 2008, we just couldn't pass that up. Now I can pay the installer, pay for the house to be painted and still pay for the windows without interest! :cheer2: So in a couple of weeks, this house will definitely feel like it is turned upside down. Guess I better get some more things in order around here to keep the chaos to a minimum. But it will be so nice to have it all done and this winter we won't have to worry about drafts, except from the doors, which we can do next year.

Lunch yesterday was about 1/2 MC chicken potpie (shared w/ DS and didn't eat all of my portion). I think I drank about 36 oz water! Supper was Arby's beef & cheddar, some fries, ice tea. Then of course, I had some cheetos, m&m's, oreos, and who knows what scattered through the day.

But amazingly, I woke feeling hungry this morning. Breakfast was 1 egg omelet w/cheese, ham, 1 c hot tea w/vanilla.

I am strongly considering going back to Curves, but am trying to think through the logistics since I am not driving yet. My main purpose is to get somewhere where I can work on rebuilding muscle and stamina but doesn't have such complex machines that I can't use yet. The therapists and DH (to my surprise) think it is a great idea. Don't get me wrong about DH, I just thought he might wonder about the extra chauffuering, but he knows that I am not as strong as I used to be even on the "good leg". I can get the strength back though, but I need something more structured at this time rather than just trying to rely on finding time to use resistance bands.

Well, I should be going. PT is calling and then I have to get alot of things done around here. DD19 goes back to college tomorrow and we have to be up early to help her move in. It's just never ending.

Talk to you later! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Wow! You have been really busy!

Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I'd known you were going to be in our neck of the woods! Woodfield is a great time--I've been meaning to get up there myself, but I've been saving is as a reward for getting firmly down to a 24. Hopefully someday soon!

What a great deal on the windows! It's sure going to look different around your place very soon. How exciting!

I think Curves is a great idea!!! It sounds like just the right fit for what you need right now. Easy (but can be made more challenging as you get stronger), simple, and even kind of fun and social. I'm sure your DH won't mind the driving at all--it something very good for you!

Good luck with the haul back to school for DD tomorrow! I hope you have a great weekend!

Yesterday's lunch was a grilled turkey sandwich w/tomato, mayo, lettuce, avocado and it should have included havarti, but they forgot it. About 3 potato skins, 1 bite of overly salty prime rib soup, and water. After PT we stopped at a new restaurant called Trapper's Creek Grill and needless to say we weren't overly impressed. DH got a soup and sandwich, but the soup was salty and his BLT turned out to be turkey. For the most part the food tasted pretty good, but I am not sure about the service and atmosphere. The supper menu looks good though so maybe we will try that.

Too many m&m's throughout the day. They are gone now. :rolleyes:

Supper was ribs (which we kind of burnt), corn, potato salad (sm portion).

Breakfast today was a bowl of basic 4 cereal, then I had a couple bites of doughnut on the way to take DD19 back to school. We got her moved out of one building and over to the other fairly quickly. It is much much easier when they move in on RA day rather than with the rest of the flock.

Lunch was at Fazzoli's and that will be the last trip there. For some reason DD19 really wanted to go there and I hadn't been for so long so I thought sure. Now I remember why we never go there. Ick. I only ate 2/3 of my lazagna and a few bites of DS's salad (he was the smart one). Had some sprite and a couple bites of a choc chip cookie.

Now back home, I just ate 2 oreos. I am done with the excessive junk food. Time to get back on track. Oh, I did pick up some groceries and the majority of it was healthy foods including quite a few fruits. Also had about 6 bing cherries when I got home.

I have now idea what supper will bring. DH and DD16 are working a bit late. DMom and I are a bit wore out from the trip so whatever we choose, it will be easy.

Better get some work done. Talk to you later. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

PS. Pearlieq, as soon as I can drive again I am planning a trip up that way and we can get together.

Sounds like yesterday was a very good day! I'm glad your DD is all back and settled!

I hear you on the Fazolis!!! Ick, ick, ick! On the turnpike between here and where DH's family lives in Ohio there are only Fazolis and Hardees to choose from. All I can say is thank goodnes for Hardees!!! What's worse is that DH seems to really like Fazolis :confused3 and sometimes wants to get take out from the local one here. Yuck!

We'll definitley have to make a trip, your way or mine, happen. I was thinking of it as a reward for meeting my next goal!

Have a great day! :wizard:

Ok, supper wasn't exactly healthy, but I did manage to get through the day and tried to practice a few tricks. I had a bacon cheeseburger w/ mayo & tomato (shared w/DS), fried mushrooms (shared w/DS & DMom), and a vanilla shake (shared w/DS). That would have been considered almost successful.......then I ate almost a bag of popcorn. Not hungry, but tired and bored I think. Should have just went to bed.

This morning was off to a better start aside from the 2 mini doughnuts. I had a bowl of Kix and 1 c grapefruit juice.

Don't know what else is in store for the day, but it is pouring down rain so maybe it is an inside work day.

Talk to you later. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

So you are getting rain. It's theatening here, so it must be on its way.

You did a good job sharing treats last night. Easiest way in the world to cut the calories in something in half! I know what you mean about the late night snacks--I really want to get more disciplined about just going to bed! Another easy way to save calories--can't snack if I'm asleep! :rotfl2:

Hope you have a nice day! :sunny:

Well, yesterday proved to be a bit of a lazy day. I played around on the computer a bit, had tuna and some crackers for lunch, then took a nap. Didn't realize that I was so tired. OH I did read a book as well. For supper, we had Pizza Hut. I had 2 slices bacon cheeseburger, 2 halves of cheese sticks and a pepsi. Not too bad. The down side to all of this is the fact that I ate so many mini doughnuts throughout the day that I really blew any chance of a decent food day. Oh, I did have some cherries. Next time, more fruit, less junk.

Today, I was up about an hour earlier and contemplated going back to sleep, but I know the best thing is to just get up. Besides, I am trying to reestablish those good habits.

Breakfast was 1 egg omelet w/cheese, ham, 1 c grapefruit juice, 1 c hot tea w/vanilla. Good start and I plan to keep it that way.

The rest of the day, I have PT and a meeting tonight.

Food plan for the day:
Lunch - probably chinese (eat reasonably) unless DH has to run back home quick then I will have tuna and crackers, along w/some cherries
PM snack - banana smoothie
Supper - Chicken broccoli ring and salad

Goals for the day: (yes, maybe this will help)
1. Stick the food plan
2. No eating after 7:30pm
3. 36 oz water minimum
4. Take 15 min of exercise this afternoon.

Not too many goals, but just enough to try to turn this ship around and remind myself that I really enjoyed my healthy habits before.

Time to go, talk to you later. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Everyone needs a little downtime--sounds like you got a nice rest yesterday.

You're off to a great start today, and writing your goals down is a good first step to accomplish what you want. I know you can do it! :cheer2:

Hope today is good one! :sunny:

Just thought I would stop in and do a little catch up. Yes, I am fine, but I have been very busy with little time to sit and write.

Food has been hit and miss as far as health goes. PT has been going pretty well. In fact, I am down to 2 days a week for the legs, still 3 for the arms, but that may change this week.

I did some school shopping, registered kids for school, have caught up on a lot of bookwork, have done some GS & library meetings. On the plus side, I THINK we might have someone to take on leading the troop for GS so that I can have a little more free time. It is doubtful that we will find 2 people so I will probably stay on, but in a much smaller capacity, which is still fine by me. There is an end in sight for my bookwork, but still a long way to go.

Yesterday the painters started stripping the house and power washing. The windows come next week, DS's teacher's are coming for a home visit tomorrow..........So we need to get a lot of cleaning done. I guess we are in for a state of choas.

Breakfast today was 1 egg omelet w/cheese, ham, and grapefruit juice.

Time to get going. Lot's to do for the day. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Leslie, your progress is simply amazing. I'm glad you took a bit of down time for you, you're always so busy.

Hang in there. Hoping the rest of PT can go to 2x/week which I know will make it easier.

Have a great rest of the week!

I'm glad to see you back!

I have to admit, I get nervous now if you disappear for more than a couple of days. :blush:

Sounds like there's quite a bit swirling around you between work, the house, and all of the back to school rigamarole. I bet you're glad to have the house work underway. I'm sure it will be great when it's done!

Sending :wizard: to get you through everything today!

I didn't mean to alarm anyone, really! :blush: ;)

Anyway, I am really making progress on the work in my office, but I am falling behind on eating decent meals. I just now polished off some M&M's if that tells you anything.

Breakfasts seem to go ok, but could use more balanc, I don't get near enough calcium lately and then snack here and there, so lunch and supper kind of fall apart. Help! Right now, I am just trying to remind myself that as things ease up and I get caught up, it will be easier to concentrate on better food, but then I am concerned that I will find an excuse then as well. Plus, it really doesn't help that my mom drinks alot of soda and snacks on chips. Not that I can't get around that, but it just adds one more person to the house that is not really watching what they eat, which always makes things more stressful when you try to change things.

Today is so so. The guys are scrapping the paint now. I have one phone that barely rings so it is hard to hear when you aren't sitting on top of it (the other phones died when the lightening struck the house last week). I just can't seem to find birth cert for 2 kids and I need them. Gee, I could have swore they were all in one place and I can't figure out where I would have last used them. DS's teachers are coming for a home visit and the house looks so so. Am I complaining? Yeah, just a bit since everything seems to be topsy turvy.

My mom is going for a job interview (part-time) so hopefully that helps with moving things along for getting her own place. The Dollar Store is doing ok, but not great. It probably isn't really going to take off the way we had hoped, so now we are facing what to do. People in this town are famous for wanting something and then when you give it to them, they don't support it. The school district is looking for a new Treasurer starting in Oct so I sent in my resume. It is a position that I have wanted since moving to the area, so hopefully I will get it, but I must admit, there is a part of me that kind of is scared for the changes that it will create. I am sure they will be good and more than likely it will force me to back out of some other things that I won't have time for, but that isn't all bad either. So there is another reason to get my work here caught up. I can manage books for both our businesses and the school, but I need to stay on top of it to make it more effortless.

Ok, enough rambling, but I just need people to listen every once in awhile. My plans for to day is to get a balanced lunch, I am craving tuna, and get some work done. Plus increase the water to at least 48 oz. Oh, and no late eating.

I better get going. Talk to you all later. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Well, yesterday wasn't as bad as it could have been. Things did get some better and I managed to wade through alot of work.

I think I did get close to the 48 oz water mark. Lunch was a tuna wrap, supper was taco salad, and there were a few things in between, like 3 thin mints and something else, but I can't remember what. The plus side is that we don't have a lot of snacky things so that helped a great deal. I didn't go for the bowl of ice cream late..........it was a bowl of cereal. Was I hungry, no, so I should have just skipped it. Anyway, on to a better day.

Oh, DS was thrilled to have his teachers come to the home.

Breakfast today was 1 egg omelet w/cheese, ham & grapefruit juice.

I plan to be sensible for the rest of the day, drink 48 oz water min, and not eat anything late.

Gotta run, I have to sew a patch on DH's footbal ref shirt, then it is off to PT. Everyone have a great weekend. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter