Let me get this straight! Do you have to pay to snorkel at Castaway Cay?

chrisn

DIS Veteran
OK, I'm confused. I saw snorkeling at Castaway Cay on an excursion sheet for $25 and I read in one review that these people paid to snorkel and were not very impressed with it. I was under the impression that there is a free snorkel trail. Is this not the case? Or is the trail the excursion or is there a separate snorkel excursion? Could someone set me straight?

It costs nothing to snorkel at Castaway Cay. If you wish to rent snorkel equipment it costs $25 for fins, a mask, a snorkel, and a vest. You are required to wear the inflatable vests so if you bring your own equipment they will let you use the vests for free.

If you snorkel early in the day the water is fine, but by the afternoon a lot of sand has been kicked up so they water gets a little murky.

Adults can also snorkel at Serenity Bay, the adult beach. The water there is not netted, so you might see a larger variety of fish.

If you have other questions, you might be better off posting them on the Cruise Line discussion board, rather than the trip reports board.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter