Let's Play "The Next Poster"...Disneyland style! Part 2

True! We used to like the Halloween party when my girls were young, but these days it just seems like the after hours parties are full of a bunch of rowdy teens and I'm not really up for that.

TNP has made it rain at Trader Sam's.

False-been in there only twice-so small, too crowded like the parks.

TNP has a dedicated room or spot in their house to showcase Disney goods.

False-been in there only twice-so small, too crowded like the parks.

TNP has a dedicated room or spot in their house to showcase Disney goods.
False. I have some special things scattered around, but many of my favorite items are packed away in a box. I have never figured out what to do with them as some of them are quite old. Some are just fun mementos with no meaning to anyone but me.

TNP feels a personal connection to DL that can't be explained to people who ask why they still go to DL.

False. I have some special things scattered around, but many of my favorite items are packed away in a box. I have never figured out what to do with them as some of them are quite old. Some are just fun mementos with no meaning to anyone but me.

TNP feels a personal connection to DL that can't be explained to people who ask why they still go to DL.
True x1000! My coworkers, friends, and family have gotten used to it now, but it took them a while to grasp that I really only like vacationing at DLR. While everyone else shares their trips to Mexico, Vietnam, etc, I'm ready to gush over the newest things at DL. LOL! It's not that I haven't tried vacationing other places...it's just that I don't enjoy them as much. There is something about the fun, contained/safe, nostalgic feeling I get from DL. Sure, it's likely a bit of escapism as well, but what vacation really isn't escapism? This is why I love the DISboards so much. Everyone here gets it! 😊

TNP has spent a day in the parks doing zero attractions...and enjoyed it!

Last edited:

True x1000! My coworkers, friends, and family have gotten used to it now, but it took them a while to grasp that I really only like vacationing at DLR. While everyone else shares their trips to Mexico, Vietnam, etc, I'm ready to gush over the newest things at DL. LOL! It's not that I haven't tried vacationing other places...it's just that I don't enjoy them as much. There is something about the fun, contained/safe, nostalgic feeling I get from DL. Sure, it's likely a bit of escapism as well, but what vacation really isn't escapism? This is why I love the DISboards so much. Everyone here gets it! 😊

TNP has spent a day in the parks doing zero attractions...and enjoyed it!
True! I've done this several times, in fact. I've gone to Dapper Day and had a day full of doing things with my friends like having fun dining reservations, enjoying the convention, meeting other Dapper Day guests, taking pictures, enjoying Trader Sam's, doing a tour etc. Usually, though, we do ride the Mark Twain or ride in one of the Main St vehicles.

TNP: Please describe what you would add to Disneyland if you had that power.

True! I've done this several times, in fact. I've gone to Dapper Day and had a day full of doing things with my friends like having fun dining reservations, enjoying the convention, meeting other Dapper Day guests, taking pictures, enjoying Trader Sam's, doing a tour etc. Usually, though, we do ride the Mark Twain or ride in one of the Main St vehicles.

TNP: Please describe what you would add to Disneyland if you had that power.
I'd definitely opt to add some "throwback" Parades from the 90's and early 2000's. Lion King Parade was NEXT LEVEL haha

TNP would rather skip parades and take advantage of shorter queue lines...

False-I love taking photos of the parades, the CMs bring so much life and character to each event. Touring for me has changed a lot though over the years, so we don't stop and see as many parades nowadays comparted to when I was able to do more solo days.

TNP has Disney Bounded or at minimum dressed up for a special event in the parks...

False-I love taking photos of the parades, the CMs bring so much life and character to each event. Touring for me has changed a lot though over the years, so we don't stop and see as many parades nowadays comparted to when I was able to do more solo days.

TNP has Disney Bounded or at minimum dressed up for a special event in the parks...
OMG, yes!! My family used to go to the Halloween party when my kids were little. It wasn't as crazy popular as it is these days and my girls loved it. We all dressed up.

I went to the first Dapper Day way back when and my friends and I never missed it for the first several years. Now I generally go to either the spring or fall but don't usually do both. I think it's fun dressing up but I've gotten older and my friends aren't that into it now so when I go, it's usually with my daughter and grandson. I've sort of run out of ideas for outfits and tend to recycle sometimes. It used to be so exciting to plan for but not as much when you're the only one who's really into it, and I can't get away with some of the things I used to be able to wear, sigh.

I also like to Disney bound sometimes. I'm going to an after-hours Star Wars event next week with my friends and I've got 3 D-bounding outfits (because my friends insisted) and my SW ensemble. It's kind of surprising how quickly cheap little odds and ends from Amazon add up.

TNP has never seen/done _____________ at Disneyland Resort.

Here is the first time I dressed up for DLR. DH, me, and our 3 DDs. These girls are now 23, 21 & 21!

gnome family disney.jpg

Attachments

• 12014952_10205303356883229_3663896739510740038_o.jpg
    12014952_10205303356883229_3663896739510740038_o.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1
  • dapper day first.JPG
    dapper day first.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 1
  • HM outfit full.jpg
    HM outfit full.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1
  • club 33 n,l, me.jpg
    club 33 n,l, me.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 1
  • dd 2019 ca.jpg
    dd 2019 ca.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1
  • dd 2019 group.jpg
    dd 2019 group.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1
  • dd 2019 partners.jpg
    dd 2019 partners.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1
  • tikiadventureland day.JPG
    tikiadventureland day.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 1
  • dd 2019 train trouble.jpg
    dd 2019 train trouble.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
TNP has never seen/done _____________ at Disneyland Resort.

I had to struggle to think of something to fill in the blank on this one! My family has never done the princess breakfast at Napa Rose.

The next poster has taken advantage of the services offered at the in-park baby care centers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter