Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

I TRIED to use my SBux reward on my birthday earlier this month, but apparently the SBux that I tried to use it as was a part of the Westin hotel it shares a building with, even though there was no branding or indication of it. Of course, they had taken my order and were making the drink before I got to the register so when I went to scan my app to claim the reward and was told I wouldn't be able to, I couldn't just walk away and go to the other SBux down the road... I had to pay for the drink. LAME. So then when I tried to use it a couple of days later at a real SBux, it was already expired. Double lame.

I don't think this is a very happy coffee update... no coffee at home, bad dunkin' (I don't like hazelnut either), and terrible change to Starbucks bday rewards (I hadn't heard this and I consider myself fluent in all things starbucks, so this is VERY surprising!!).

So ... let's talk about how I found out about this birthday reward situation.
I opened up the Starbucks app yesterday to check the balance on my card and saw that they had redesigned it recently (or at least this was the first time I noticed the new design) and there was a think that said index and had a green dot next to it. I hate unread notifications, so I opened my inbox and saw the notice on the bottom there.
So ... not really making it obvious there.

Thanks for the update on the birthday reward. I had not hear that. I also was update when it went from like a month to three days as I don't always use it right away. Now to have only 1 day. Most companies honor it as a birthday month reward.

Yeah, most of my birthday rewards last all month. Starbucks is stupid.

I TRIED to use my SBux reward on my birthday earlier this month, but apparently the SBux that I tried to use it as was a part of the Westin hotel it shares a building with, even though there was no branding or indication of it. Of course, they had taken my order and were making the drink before I got to the register so when I went to scan my app to claim the reward and was told I wouldn't be able to, I couldn't just walk away and go to the other SBux down the road... I had to pay for the drink. LAME. So then when I tried to use it a couple of days later at a real SBux, it was already expired. Double lame.

That's frustrating. I know they don't want to do this, but ... there needs to be a difference in branding between Starbucks-owned stores and franchises owned by other companies so that you know where you can use rewards.
I wonder how many people try to use rewards at the Starbuckses in the Disney parks only to discover that they can't (but they can at Disney Springs...)
Its definitely frustrating.

Good coffee news ... I was too tired to wait until I got to work to have coffee today, so I stopped at Dunkin Donuts on my way in. I got the Girl scout coconut caramel in my coffee. Its was delicious. Very coconut-by with just enough caramel. 9/10 (I had to take off a point because its Dunkin Donuts).
I had planned to enjoy it with my Almond Coco Loco yogurt ... but I finished the coffee before I got to work. Off to the coffee maker I go ...

So ... let's talk about how I found out about this birthday reward situation.
I opened up the Starbucks app yesterday to check the balance on my card and saw that they had redesigned it recently (or at least this was the first time I noticed the new design) and there was a think that said index and had a green dot next to it. I hate unread notifications, so I opened my inbox and saw the notice on the bottom there.
So ... not really making it obvious there.
Ahh! I just looked and saw that too. I'm outraged.

Good coffee news ... I was too tired to wait until I got to work to have coffee today, so I stopped at Dunkin Donuts on my way in. I got the Girl scout coconut caramel in my coffee. Its was delicious. Very coconut-by with just enough caramel. 9/10 (I had to take off a point because its Dunkin Donuts).
Oh yum! I'll be near a Dunkin this weekend, I might have to try it!

DD28 (who is now a Starbucks manager) told me that if a Starbucks is inside any other business, it is owned and operated by that business, not by Starbucks corp. The stand alone buildings are owned by Starbucks corp. and they are the only ones who allow using rewards. At least that is how I remember it. I don't know if there are any exceptions to that rule. Disney Springs vs. Disney parks confused me since Disney owns all the property but since Disney leases the land at DS to all the businesses they also lease to Starbucks corp. :) Now, wasn't that confusing, lol!

DD28 (who is now a Starbucks manager) told me that if a Starbucks is inside any other business, it is owned and operated by that business, not by Starbucks corp. The stand alone buildings are owned by Starbucks corp. and they are the only ones who allow using rewards. At least that is how I remember it. I don't know if there are any exceptions to that rule. Disney Springs vs. Disney parks confused me since Disney owns all the property but since Disney leases the land at DS to all the businesses they also lease to Starbucks corp. :) Now, wasn't that confusing, lol!

I know Starbucks in Target allows you to use rewards. (That is my normal Starbucks :) )
But when we were in Vegas a few months ago, there are Starbucks everywhere and similarly won't let you use rewards (and charge more... bleh. Such is Vegas.)

I know Starbucks in Target allows you to use rewards. (That is my normal Starbucks :) )
But when we were in Vegas a few months ago, there are Starbucks everywhere and similarly won't let you use rewards (and charge more... bleh. Such is Vegas.)

I am probably not remembering what she explained to me correctly, lol. :) And she (@LikelyLynae) is MIA due to her new job responsibilities. She is working and sleeping, basically. And not able to get any runs in. :(

Oh yum! I'll be near a Dunkin this weekend, I might have to try it!

Yes! Try it and let me know what you think!

I always thought it was like that - but then someone's the ones that i thought were Stabucks owned were actually attached to something else and vice versa. It should make sense, but I'm not sure it always does...

Target Stabucks confuses me. Is it Stabucks? Is it owned by Target? If it's part of Tarhet, why can I use my rewards? WHY IS IT ALWAYS CLOSED AND I DONT KNOW UNTIL I GET THERE AND THEN I HAVE TO GO ALL THE WAY DOWNSTAIRS AND GO TO DUNKIN DONUTS??? (Does that only happen to me?)

I am probably not remembering what she explained to me correctly, lol. :) And she (@LikelyLynae) is MIA due to her new job responsibilities. She is working and sleeping, basically. And not able to get any runs in. :(

Work and sleep ... that's rough. I hope she's at least enjoying the job so far!

Also ... I forgot to mention, I went to make a cup of coffee at work and the machine near me didn't have the coffee I like ... but it didn't tell me that, it just gave me a cup of hot water instead of coffee.
If I go for another cup, I'll have to go to the big kitchen. I'm not a huge fan of the one I'm having right now.

Come to NY! We (will) have Harry Potter!
The super cool thing to do would be to come for the exhibit and see Cursed Child while you're here. Although tickets for that are probably super expensive (I've been afraid to look at actual prices).
(I'm pretty excited about that exhibit too)

We are also Potter fans. My sister tried to get us cursed child tickets the day they went on sale and had no luck getting 4 seats. She could find one or two but they were in the $600 range. We did go past where the theater was during spring break and the front looked super cool. The exhibit also sounds fantastic, may have to try our luck with those tickets.

That exhibit looks so awesome!!!

(Sorry if this is an unpopular opinion... but I loathe the Cursed Child. That is not a really HP installment in my mind.)

We are also Potter fans. My sister tried to get us cursed child tickets the day they went on sale and had no luck getting 4 seats. She could find one or two but they were in the $600 range. We did go past where the theater was during spring break and the front looked super cool. The exhibit also sounds fantastic, may have to try our luck with those tickets.

I'm hoping to go for my birthday ... I really need to look at tickets. I'm terrified of what the price will be.
I haven't seen the theater since it started (I actually don't even know where its playing) ... I'll have to check it out and see the front!

That exhibit looks so awesome!!!

Yup!

(Sorry if this is an unpopular opinion... but I loathe the Cursed Child. That is not a really HP installment in my mind.)

So ... I read it and I didn't love it. But it seemed like it would be better as a play, so I'm hoping that seeing the play draws me into the story more.
But yeah, I think that's an understandable opinion.

I get so confused with real Starbucks stores vs. ones found inside a business vs. ones that “proudly brew”.

You can mobile order at both Starbucks in Disney Springs! That’s definitely handy when the lines are insane. I wish they had mobile ordering in the parks.

I get so confused with real Starbucks stores vs. ones found inside a business vs. ones that “proudly brew”.

Starbucks is confusing.

You can mobile order at both Starbucks in Disney Springs! That’s definitely handy when the lines are insane. I wish they had mobile ordering in the parks.

I would love mobile order in the parks. It would give me back some valuable park time.
But alas, the in-park ones are Disney-owned, so ...

I'm currently lying on my (somewhat) "new" mattress, getting ready to sleep on it for the first time. If only i was actually sleepy...

I have a few topics floating around my head that I may want to talk about here, so expect an update at some point in the new week or two. Hopefully.

Most importantly ... the Passover coffee maker is out of the storage area. I'll bring it downstairs tomorrow morning.
We will be brewing Starbucks Columbia for the next week+. I bought it before I started my boycott. (Also, i bought it at the supermarket, not at Starbucks, so its slightly less like crossing a picket line)

I hope you are enjoying coffee at home this morning!

I think it’s appropriate to say “Happy Passover” right? (it’s something to celebrate after all)... so Happy Passover! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter