Lindas Journal - 2-29-2008.. BEWARE EDIETS!!

I normally take off fridays from exercise, but I am going out of town here in a bit so I did 30 mins on the stairmachine. Hopefully I wont do too bad on the diet, but I will be eating out so we'll see. Everyone have a nice weekend!

Hope you are having a great weekend! :sunny: Enjoy yourself and don't worry too much if you don't do so great while away. You have been doing a good job at sticking w/ your calorie limit and getting your exercise in! :cheer2: I see you are on track to meet your exercise goal this month! :cool1: That is Great! :cheer2: Keep up the good work!

Okay, I'm back! It was a very fun trip! But cold! They got 5 inchesof snow in paducah and you'd think it was the end of the world. They shut the whole town down. Couldnt even find a sports bar open on saturday to watch the ballgame.

I'm glad I got some exercise in on friday and you'll see why when you see my menu for the weekend. Here was friday (not too bad)

NutriFlakes Cereal - 40% Bran Cereal 1 Bowl 100

Egg Beaters 1/4 cup 25
Egg Beaters 1/4 cup 25
Cheese, Fat-free 1 slice 30
Turkey Hot Dogs 1 Hot Dog 90

Salad Dressing, Ranch 1 Tbsp 80
Salad, tossed 1 med 25
Egg, poached or boiled 1 large 74
Cheese, Cheddar 1/2 oz 57

shrimp 4 large 73
shrimp 4 large 73

Alcohol, Vodka 1 oz 64
ocean spray cran-grape juice lite 4 oz 20

Alcohol, Vodka 1 oz 64

Alcohol, Vodka 1 oz 64

Cheddar Cheese Crunchy Curls (NutriSystem Classics) 1 oz. 110

total cals. 1074--not bad considering I had 3 drinks
exercise 30 mins 635/1000 for feb (on track)

now for the bad stuff LOL saturdays menu

Biscuit 1 90
sausage gravy 1/4 cup 96
hash brown 1 patty 63
Egg, scrambled 1 large 100
Bacon 1 slice 36
Bacon 1 slice 36

Salad Dressing, Ranch 1 Tbsp 80
Salad, tossed 1 med 25
Cheese, Cheddar 1/2 oz 57
Dinner Roll 1 piece 184
Margarine 1 tsp 34
Chicken, Dark meat, roasted 4 oz 232
Chicken, Dark meat, roasted 2 oz 116
Margarine 1 tsp 34
Pasta, Cooked 1/2 cup 80

Alcohol, Wine, white 4 oz 80

total cals- 1627---ouch!
exercise-none!

I'm scared to get on the scale after that one.

I'll check in lter tonite after I've done my exercises, am shooting for an hour on the stairmachine to get back on track. I did have the breakfast buffet this morning, but skipped lunch so hopefully the calorie count today will be better.

Amber, thanks for your support !

Okay, I got thru today pretty good, considering it started out with the breakfast buffet. Heres what I had:

Biscuit 1 90
Biscuit 1 90
sausage gravy 1/4 cup 96
Bacon 1 slice 36
Bacon 1 slice 36
Bacon 1 slice 36
hash brown 1 patty 63

Thin Crust Pizza with Cheese 1 Package 140
Luncheon Meat, Turkey Ham 1 oz 35

Chocolate Pudding 1 Package 100

sugar free fudgesicle 1 40

total cals-1072 not too bad

exercise- 80 mins on the stairmachine (yes 80) burned 704 cals

total mins for feb 715/1000

Hooray! I didn't gain any weight! That's a huge relief. Of course, I didnt lose any either , but still, I was happy not to have gained. Now I have to actually lose this week in order to stay on track. Heres what I had today:

fat free hot chocolate 1 cup 25
Frosted Oats Cereal 1 Bowl 120

Cheese, Cottage, 2% 1/4 cup 50

Gelatin Dessert, sugarfree 1/2 cup 8

Potato Chips 1 oz 150...okay so that wasn't too good

Flame Broiled Beef Patty 1 Beef Patty 90
whle wheat hamburger bun 1 90

Cheese and Garlic Pretzel Sticks 1 Package 140

total cals- 918

exercise today- 35 mins stairmachine 23 mins climbing stairs 565 cals burned plus 10 mins on ab lounger total mins today- 68

that makes my total for feb 783/1000

I woke up with my back in a total spasm this morning. Had to take a muscle relaxant to make it better. I think it was the ab-lounger, pretty sure. I was still able to exercise by this afternoon tho. Heres what I had for meals:

baked chips 1 oz 120
Egg Beaters 1/4 cup 25
Egg Beaters 1/4 cup 25

Tomato Sauce and Meatballs 1 Package 100
whole wheat hot dog bun 1 90
Green Beans 1/2 cup 22

total cals. 897

exercise 90 mins onstairmachine (30) (30)(15)(15) cals burned=792

total exercise for feb 873/1000

You had Biscuits and Gravy! I am SO Jealous! :tongue: That is my favorite breakfast food! I thought you did a good job of controlling yourself at the breakfast buffet, too! I am not so good at buffets.

You are doing Super on your exercise! :cheer2: You amaze me that you can stay on the stairmaster for 80 minutes!! :worship: I can walk a long time, but the stairmaster does me in after about 15 minutes. :crazy2: So way to go :cool1: The calories you burn on that thing are awesome too! That probably makes it worth it. I bet you will go over your exercise goal this month :cheer2: That is a really good feeling!

Have a great evening!

thanks Amber! Yep, biscuits and gravy are to die for, I just couldnt resist. And the stairmachine really doesnt bother me, I've got really strong legs I guess. When I climb the real stairs I can tell how much more aerobic it is. I mean, it doesnt bother my legs or anything , but I can definitely feel it in my heart. I think thats why I'm so slow to lose weight, the ppl at work say my body is just overly efficient! LOL
My back was still hurting today so I left work early. My son was also home sick from school so I needed to check on him. He has a really bad cold and is fretting because basketball starts tomorrow and he wants to not miss it. I bought one of those thermal pads you wear for my back and wore it today and it helped a lot. I am going to wear one under my clothes to work tomorrow and that might help. I still did the stairmachine tonite...2 30 min sessions. It wasnt too bad. I'm not doing the ab machine for a whiletho.

Heres todays food:

Banana Spice Muffin 2 Muffins 120

Egg Beaters 1/4 cup 25

Flame Broiled Beef Patty 1 Patty 90
baked chips 1 oz 120
Green Beans 1/2 cup 22

Chocolate Fudge Cake 1 Cake 130

total cals-992

exercise- 60 mins stairmachine 528 cals burned total for feb 933/1000

I have to get up at 4 am for work tomorrow so I need to get some zzzzzs!

Well I made it thru another work week anyway, and tomorrow I get to sleep in. I have a Drs appt. tho and its for my 3rd mammogram in 6 months. Its making me nervous even tho they keep saying its okay, they just want to do a "follow up" I hate those things. Anyway, heres my food for today:

NutriFrosted Crunch Cereal 1 Packet 110

Apple Cinnamon Soy Chips 1 Package 110

Green Beans 1/2 cup 22
Green Beans 1/2 cup 22
Chicken Breast Patty 1 Patty 130

NutriCrunch Chocolates 1 Package 130

total cals- 962

exercise today- 45 mins on the stairmachine burned 396 cals

total mins for feb 978/1000

I'm a little bummed that I havent lost any weight this week so far. Really been burning a lot of calories, hopefully it will catch up soon.

Ugh! I just had a fight with my BF. I seriously dont know if its worth the trouble. I was trying to be supportive, but my god, hes so whiny. I am more a "get it done" kind of person, I just dont whine and I have very little patience for complaining. I just fix it or move on. I know I should try harder, but I just dont have the patience for it. Anyway, I guess I at least got a lot done today. Mammogram (which I think was ok). Got all the laundry done. That means I can clean house tomorrow! Hurray! LOL Roofer stopped by (I'm getting new roof, mine has hail damage). I am getting one of those pretty dimensional roofs...Black Walnut. Hope its nice, its hard to tell from the samples. It was warm here today so I walked the dog for 34 mins. Fridays are usually my "rest day" but walking isnt gonna hurt those muscles much I'd say. So except for the whole BF thing it was a pretty good day. Todays menu:

NutriCinnamon Squares Cereal 1 Packet 120

Apple 1/4 small 20

baked chips 1 oz 120
Lettuce 1/2 cup 5
Cauliflower 1/2 cup 14
Broccoli 1/2 cup 23
Salad Dressing, fat free 2 Tbsp 30
Alfalfa Sprouts 1/2 cup 5
fat-free shredded cheese 1/4 cup 45

Chewy Fudge Bar (NutriSystem Classics) 1.2 oz. 90

Hearty Beef Stew 1 Container 180

total cals- 1076

exercise - 34 mins walking 204 cals burned (thats not many!)
total for feb- 1012/1000!

Well, this was pretty much a bust in the diet department today. Its my day off, and I was lazy all morning, ran errands, went to the grocery and the bank, and didnt get breakfast until noon. Then lunch was at around 3, and i spent a couple of hours watching a basketball game (which my team won) munching on chips. Then i went to the movies with my son ( we saw Eight Below, it was good, man those dogs can act!), I took nutrisystem snacks for that but it was still snacks. We didnt get home until after 9 and I didnt want dinner by then. I did manage to exercise tonite, but thats about it.
Menu:

Pancake Mix 1 Package 110
sugar-free maple syrup 1/4 cup 30
Milk, Fat Free 1/3 cup 28

baked chips 1 oz 120
baked chips 1 oz 120
baked chips 1 oz 120

Egg Beaters 1/4 cup 25
Egg Beaters 1/4 cup 25

Hot Cocoa 1 Package 80

total cals- 1018...but not much nutrition in there

exercise - 30 mins stairmachine burned 264 cals
total mins for feb 1042/1000

tomorrow will be better

Back to work tonite. I got some exercise in on break. heres what I had for food today

Lettuce 1/2 cup 5
Cauliflower 1/4 cup 7
Broccoli 1/4cup 12
Bacon Bits 1 Tbsp 30

baked chips 1 oz 120

thin mints 4 cookies 140

Chicken Pasta Parmesan 1 Package 220

total cals 966

exercise 45 mins, 468 cals burned , total mins for feb 1087/1000

notice the girl scout cookies came in...but i just had 4 thin mints :goodvibes

Its monday, and Feb. is almost over. I'll be glad when its spring and I can get out of the house and walk more. I really like to walk the dog (and so does she). I had to work tonite and didnt get home until late. But I did get some exercise in before I left and I also climbed the stairs at work 4 times. There were more girl scout cookie deliveries today, and I had just one All About, the rest I handed out at work. I decided to treat myself today, and had a chili dog for dinner. Before you fuss, its was a nutrisystem turkey dog, and nutrisystem chili. I had a salad for lunch and saved my lunch entre (turkey dog) and added it to the chili for dinner. It was good. Way too much food tho, so I split it up and ate half on one break and saved half for later.
Heres todays menu:

Lettuce 1/2 cup 5
Alfalfa Sprouts 1/4cup 2
Broccoli 1/4 cup 12
Cauliflower 1/4 cup 7

All About Cookie 1 cookie 75

Chili with Beans 1 Bowl 230

total cals-1050

exercise- 45 mins (15 stairmachine, 30 climbing stairs) 468 cals burned

I'm tired so I'm just gonna jot down what I had today.

Scrambled Eggs - Smoke Flavor 1 Package 130

cafe cookie 1 cookie 30
cafe cookie 1 cookie 30

Chocolate Drink 1 Package 150

Flame Broiled Beef Patty 1 Patty 90
Lettuce 1/2 cup 5
Broccoli 1/8 cup 6
Macaroni and Cheese 1/4 cup 95

baked chips 1 oz 120

total cals- 1045

exercise today 30 mins climbing stairs 15 min stairmachine 468 cals burned

I have been really tired the last 2 days. I just havent been getting enough sleep. I did pretty well on the diet today tho, and I got my exercise in. I havent lost any weight this week yet tho, so I really need to buckle down and try harder. I only have 1 day off this week so I need to make sure I dont get too tired and then eat to try to get extra energy. That is what usually happens to me. I did really well on the exercise challenge last month (my first challenge) , went over 177 mins. So I increased my goal this month to 1250. I'm pretty sure I can do that as long as I stay healthy.

Also some good stuff that happened this week....a retired co-worker came by work to visit and said "you are sure getting skinny" yes ...actually used the word "skinny" LOL I am not skinny, but it did make me feel good but I didnt think about it much. Then another co-worker said it a couple of days later..once again used the word skinny! And if that doesnt beat all...my mom came over tonight and said it too....Makes me think its possible!

Now while I'm busy patting myself on the back for losing some weight and getting some decent exercise...really proud for climbing all those stairs at work...and I get an email from an old friend....(I really miss her, she lives in cleveland now) Anyway.....shes training for a TRIATHLON! So that puts me back in perspective!

Menu :

Blueberry Bran Muffin 2 Muffins 120

Lettuce 1/2 cup 5
Cauliflower 1/8 cup 3
Broccoli 1/8 cup 6
Bacon Bits 1 Tbsp 30

Cheese Ravioli with Basil Tomato Sauce 1 Package 250

total cals - 957

exercise today 30 mins climbing stairs and 15 mins on the stairmachine 468 cals burned

Congratulations on exceeding your exercise goal last month :cool1: and on all the Skinny comments! :cool1: It always feels good when you get compliments! :sunny:

Your doing really good on your eating and your exercising :cheer2: and I wouldn't have fussed about the chili dog :teeth: I think sometimes you just need a yummy treat. I think it is Awesome that you were able to get your yummy treat in without being off of your plan! I tend to splurge and not cut in other areas and just end up over on calories and fat for the day.

Have a good day and keep up the good work!

Thanks Amber! I have been working hard, so I'm pretty proud of myself, if that doesnt sound too dorky.

Tomorrows friday, end of a long week. I only have saturday off this week, so I will be busy busy busy.

I decided to make a chicken wrap for dinner, using the nutrisystem grilled chicken, It was quite good, a nice change.

Menu:

Chicken Noodle Soup 1 Container 120

Popcorn, air-popped 3 cups 60

Lettuce 1/2 cup 5
Tortilla, flour 7 in 80
Chicken Breast Patty 1 Patty 130
fat-free shredded cheese 1/4 cup 45

total cals - 970

exercise 30 mins climbing stairs 30 mins stairmachine 600 cals burned

105/1250 for march

Woo-hoo! Got thru the week! finally a day off tomorrow and I'm so ready. Just wish I had something fun to do, but at least I get to sleep in. I didnt climb the stairs at work today, normally friday is my "day off" from exercise because I need my muscles to rest a little. But I did do 30 mins on the stairmachine.
I havent lost any weight this week at all, and seeing as tomorrow is saturday its not looking too good for this week. I have looked back on the week and it really doesnt seem like I've done that bad, seems like I should have been able to lose some. I have been unusually tired this week, I literally fell asleep for an hour or so this afternoon, maybe that has something to do with it. But other than that I have been feeling pretty good, havent been sick at all and I even managed to do some crunches on the ab-lounger last night. ( I havent been doing them since I hurt my back last week). If its warm enough tomorrow I really want to get some mulch and start working on my yard. I think I have spring fever! :sunny:

Heres what I had today, not exactly a health-fest but its almost all nutrisystem so at least it has lots of nourishment and hardly any cals.

NutriFrosted Crunch Cereal 1 Packet 110

Beans and Ham Soup 1 Container 190 (this is way better than I expected)

Thin Crust Pizza with Cheese 1 Package 140

Chewy Fudge Bar (NutriSystem Classics) 1.2 oz. 90 (this is a milk replacement bar)

total cals-1018, but not many veggies (just in the soup)

exercise 30 mins stairmachine 264 cals burned
march exercise 135/1250 so I have 10%

I decided to take a moment and kind of introduce myself properly. I have been mostly talking on here about what I have been doing and not who I am. I am a career woman, pretty darn sucessful if I may say so. I do work lots of really crazy shift work tho and it has over the last 20 yrs really worn me out, to put it mildly. I am also a single mom of a totally cool 14 yr old boy. I have been very lucky in this department, and my wish to all parents out there is to have as easy a kid as mine. No matter what I ask him to do, hes up for it. I used to tell everyone "you could put him in a cardboard box with a cracker and he'd say "what a great box mom, do you want to share my cracker?" I have taken him on long tough hiking trips since he was 4 or 5, and by the time he was 8 or 9 he was the one who was carrying the supplies in his backpack. He is an awesome rock climber, a rapeller , he loves to ski, he learned to surf on our last florida vacation, and went snorkeling as well. He is also really smart. Not genius smart, he has to do the work, but he is in advanced classes and he managed to get straight A's on his last report. (this was a surprise, I promised him a dirtbike for straight A's, now I have to find a dirtbike---I know nothing about those). He is also participating in lots of school activities- he just did a 3 day junior United Nations Assembly and will be going to a leadership camp this summer for that. But believe it or not, non of those are his major talent. That is music. He started piano at age 5 and took lessons for 6 years, then he started on percussion. He is an amazing drummer. His percussion ensemble was recently honored at a music educators convention, which was very unusual for a middle school group. All that being said, he is 14 and the absolute worst slob ever seen on the planet. But if it wasnt for that, what would I have to complain about?
I also have a beloved dog, Arwen. She is 4 yrs old and is a mixed breed lab and border collie. (plus the vet says some newfi as well). She weighs about 75 lbs and has long black hair with a very thick undercoat. She sheds constantly. I have given up putting the vacuum away, and if you were to visit my house, you would see dog hair wafting across the floor. It is a neverending battle. But we love her, she is the best. Then theres the cat, maija. I have nothing to say about the cat. She hates us mostly.
I'm talking about myself so I should say I do also have a BF. He is very nice and very funny, and we are going on a family vacation together in june with my son and his son also. (I hope thats not a terrible mistake LOL) We are both ridiculous busy , so we dont see each other as much as we'd like, but it seems to work that way for us.

I should also say I'm 39 and holding. (been holding a couple of years) I used to be very athletic and somehow let it get away from me and gained a lot of weight about 5 yrs ago. I was a gymnast when I was young (high school), then played lots of intramural sports in college, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. I played softball for years and was pretty darn good at it (3rd base, always got a hit,but never a homer LOL). I was never never able to run tho, not even as a kid. Basically, what I want to do now is get that healthy, athletic feeling back. I mean, when I tell someone I want to go kayaking, I want them to believe me. Not look at me like , YOU ...Kayaking??? Seriously... some people just give you that LOOK. I was brought up to believe I coud do anything, and I want that feeling back. And to be truthful, its coming back. I am getting there. My goal posted in my siggie is only an interim goal. I have 15 lbs to lose before I go on vacation. After that I will still have between 10-20 lbs to go. I 'm not sure, I will have to evaluate it then. I would like to reach my "fighting weight" but it may not be a reasonable goal (an old boyfriend once told me I was at my fighting weight, which was 103, and I have always remembered that phrase)

Anyway...LOL...today it was warm enough to get outside and MOVE! I walked the dog 3 miles, 50 mins. Not exactly a great time, but you know, with the dog you have to stop sometimes. Later tonite I did 20 mins. on the stairmachine. My menu today wasnt that great. But not horrible. You see I am giving up baked chips for lent. And I ate some today. Actually I only had 6 or 7 chips but still, not great salvation-wise. And there was a cookie dough incident. But here it is:

Pancake Mix 1 Package 110
sugar-free maple syrup 1/4 cup 30

baked chips 1 oz 120

Salad, tossed 1 med 25
Bacon Bits 1 Tbsp 30
Green Beans 1/2 cup 22

Cookie, Chocolate Chip 1 80
Cookie, Chocolate Chip 1 80

total cals-957

exercise 50 mins walking 20 mins stairmachine
476 cals burned 205/1250 for march

Back to work tonite, and sadly, the evil supervisor was back also! (a horrible little man who has been off for a month and it has been heaven while he was gone!) I resolve to try not to think about him AT ALL.

I didnt get going very early this morning, and consequently missed breakfast. When I work late night shifts I tend to do this because I am at work so late, I dont want to get all my calories in early and then get hungry at work. I meant to take a breakfast with me, and have it as a snack but I forgot. :confused3 Oh well. I didnt do badly at all today calorie-wise. And I got my exercise in as well. I also lost 3 lbs since friday! My body is so wierd...I go along ...nothing ...nothing...then BAM! 3 lbs! I also got in my size 10 jeans. They are a little snug, but not too bad. Actually I was surprised because they were snug in the thighs, so I hope all this exercise isnt making my thighs huge or something! :guilty:

I also was reading my Shape magazine, and it was talking about green tea, so I started drinking green tea again...2 cups tonite. I am getting close enough on my weight goals that I need to start really working on the "toning up" part. Arms and Abs mostly. I was doing it a lot before but I tend to put on a lot of muscle and my arms were getting huge so I slowed down with that, but its time to try it again, since the fat is mostly gone. (okay maybe not mostly...at least partially) BTW, shape magazine has an article on daily weighing.....saying its just fine for those of us that use it to stay on track! So I'm gonna keep weighing every day! :goodvibes

Heres todays food:

Salad, tossed 1 med 25
Bacon Bits 1 Tbsp 30

Chicken Pasta Parmesan 1 Package 220

mini rice cakes 9 cakes 70

total cals-929

exercise 45 mins cals burned 468 total for march 250/1250

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter